ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Adnama, glad to hear from you. I am so sorry you have to have surgery :cry: But if that is the best for you go for it. You will get better and back to your routine soon. Good luck to you!!! Yes, please keep us updated. :flowerforyou:

Blueyed, great to hear the good news!!! :drinker: :drinker: Have you bought your bikini for the summer yet???

I'm starting week 3 of the burn circuit tomorrow!! :drinker: :drinker: I can't wait to move on to the new phase. I am glad I am doing an organized program like this because I have no patience and I would have changed the workouts by now...:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Blueyed, great to hear the good news!!! :drinker: :drinker: Have you bought your bikini for the summer yet???

I'm starting week 3 of the burn circuit tomorrow!! :drinker: :drinker: I can't wait to move on to the new phase. I am glad I am doing an organized program like this because I have no patience and I would have changed the workouts by now...:laugh:

:flowerforyou:

Not yet!!! I am hoping another month or so and I should be ready....at least close to ready....then it will be the tough decision.....what color? red? do i have the guts to do that? :tongue:

I'm glad I'm doing an organized program too....I tend to not push myself hard enough when i leave the workout up to whatever I feel like doing that day....but with this program I have no choice...no matter how lazy I feel I have to do what she tells me to do! :wink:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Came home and had a 5 mile run last night. Ended up working until 1:00 AM last night, so I was too tired to get up and workout this morning. No WO tonight either, but I did mow the lawn for over an hour. I'm embarrassed to admit I have never, ever mowed a lawn in my life. So, there, now I have! I believe I have Burn 2 in the a.m., so I'll hit the sack so I don't miss it. I'd like to get a run in also. We'll see if I c squeeze one in between work and DD's softball game. (Maybe it will be a rainout, and I can hit the TM :tongue: )

Great job to everyone. And Admama, so sorry to hear about your back. It sounds incredibly painful and frustrating.

And all the bikini talk, YIKES! I'd better really hit it these next few weeks :noway:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Burn 2 this morning. I upped most of my weights as I was on the light side Monday. WOW! I am already feeling a couple of places. I love it!

Have a great day everyone.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Jess - Just sending out well wishes for Indy! Have a great run.

Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to it! I might start another round of ChaLean next week... haven't decided yet! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Burn 2 this morning. I upped most of my weights as I was on the light side Monday. WOW! I am already feeling a couple of places. I love it!

Have a great day everyone.

I love Burn 2 also! Don't you love that soreness after a good workout? :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Not yet!!! I am hoping another month or so and I should be ready....at least close to ready....then it will be the tough decision.....what color? red? do i have the guts to do that? :tongue:

I'm glad I'm doing an organized program too....I tend to not push myself hard enough when i leave the workout up to whatever I feel like doing that day....but with this program I have no choice...no matter how lazy I feel I have to do what she tells me to do! :wink:

Good for you! I love the program and Chalene is really motivational! She keeps you going! :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    How is everyone doing??? Going for a run today instead of burn intervals. Q, was I supposed to get an additional dvd with my program. I noticed that there is an empty spot for a dvd in my dvd case. Or that is for an additional purchase?

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    How is everyone doing??? Going for a run today instead of burn intervals. Q, was I supposed to get an additional dvd with my program. I noticed that there is an empty spot for a dvd in my dvd case. Or that is for an additional purchase?

That's a spot for the Deluxe DVD that you have to order separately. :wink: The Deluxe DVD comes with Get Lean Intervals, I've Got Abs, and Fat Burning Express. Enjoy your run!!! :drinker:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Jess - Just sending out well wishes for Indy! Have a great run.

Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to it!

Sure wish I was running it again this year. You just can't beat a run where people hand out free beer. I had 2 on my run last year. Just for the experience :wink:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I was able to see the Dr. yesterday. He said surgery is basically the only way to get rid of my pain. The disc is pressing against the nerve, and the only way to have lasting results is to remove that piece, freeing up the nerve. Understandable. I also have a bulging disc right above that one. So, my L4-L5, and L5-S1 are both messed up. 8 week recovery after surgery.
    I have been going crazy too. I was already set in my routine of daily exercise, and was seeing major improvement in my body which kept me motivated. Luckily I will still be able to go on my cruise in July...even though my hopes of a perfect tummy are out the window.
    :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :sick: :brokenheart: and any other emoticon that expresses complete rage and disgust...
    I'll keep you guys posted, and thanks again for the support!

Adnana: Sorry to hear that you are in this position. It has been a week since my ACDF (anterior cervical discotomy with fusion) surgery and let me tell you the recovery is the worst part for me. I literally felt better immediately after the surgery. I'm serious in this last week I've felt better than I did for the last 5 months. Part of me is angry because I feel like right now I've been prescribed all these pain meds and I honestly don't need them. I'm really only taking the Motrin just to make sure the swelling is in control and I'm barely taking any of the other meds. Where was all the desire to make me comfortable when I was in real pain? I know that your surgery will be more extensive because it is in the lumbar region but don't let it freak you out if you decide on the surgery. I read so many negative posts on the net that I really was freaking out about my surgery. Now I'm so glad that I did it.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Sure wish I was running it again this year. You just can't beat a run where people hand out free beer. I had 2 on my run last year. Just for the experience :wink:

Really?? Oh, I couldn't handle that. I can't drink beer even when I'm NOT running. :sick: Maybe next year?? :wink:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I can feel yesterday's WO and it is great! Also got in a 4 mile run last night. Needed to burn off some stress! Trying to decide whether to run or try the burn interval.
  • alf1163
    Options
    I had a great run this morning!!!! Total 6.21 miles but I walk to warm up and cool down each for 10 mins so total running 4.63.m. I use mapmyrun.com so I can get all this info. This route is pretty hilly. :noway: And it was pretty humid this morning, 83% Yikes!!!

Teachnrun, how many times a week do you run? Lately I've only been able to manage 2 runs outdoors. Maybe one on the treadmill but I really don't enjoy that. If you havent tried the burn intervals, skip your run if you can, it is fun but challenging at the same time.

Burn circuit 2 and ab burner tomorrow morning!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I run 4-5 times a week. I'm following a Runner's World smartcoach program to train for a 20K the last Saturday in May. This is a light week: no long runs :happy:

I'm ready to run outside, but our weather lately is NOT cooperating. Lots of rain and wind, and I am fair weather. I have to admit to watching TV on my laptop while I run on the TM.

Maybe I'll do both tonight :wink: If so, I'd better get busy :tongue:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Did Burn Circuit 3 tonight....it's my least favorite....but still did it :happy:

I only lost 0.2 lbs this week....gotta watch my eating on the weekend....I can tell that I'm getting more toned though....yay

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday! :flowerforyou:

31345.png

[/url]
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    BC3 is up for tomorrow. Why is it your least favorite?
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    BC3 is up for tomorrow. Why is it your least favorite?

I think its because its a lot of shoulders and calves...i don't know...Its just not as "fun" for me for some reason..its still great though so don't worry :wink:

31345.png

[/url]
  • alf1163
    Options
    I did third round of burn 2 this morning. I went very slooooooooooooooow and heavy so will see if I finally get sore...:laugh: :laugh: For some of the exercises I could only do up to 11. I definitely need to get 25lb dumbells. I really don't want to spend the money on the bowflex weights...I am going to Zumba tomorrow instead of intervals and then run or do intervals on Sunday. I am trying to do the circuits on Mon, Wed and Fri.

• 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I did Burn 3 this morning. I will go heavier on a couple of the exercises next time. My delts are still a touch sore from Wed. Didn't get intervals in last night but I did run 5 miles. I just couldn't justify more time from my kids. It has been a rough emotional week with my 14 year old. Anyway bows I've at least done one session of each of the Burn workouts, so I know what to expect and what adjustments to make. I am enjoying the program!

Have a great day!