ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    As expected my package arrived yesterday. The program looks great.

I read through the Muscle Burns Fat Guidebook and am a little depressed because I'm guessing that I'll probably have to wait a month or so after my surgery before the doctor clears me to start. At least now I can accurately explain what exercises I want to do to her and get a better picture at my pre-op visit. I've decided to do my fitness test now because I know that I'll be much weaker if I wait till the doctor clears me. Mainly because I know that even with a month off I'll be able to bounce back pretty quickly. Plus, I'm hoping to at least be allowed to do a little low weight lifting to maintain some strength until I'm totally cleared. I'd hate to loss all the strength I've gained from the hundred push-up challenge - I can do over 35 real push-ups now :drinker:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Duffy, I know how frustrating it can be but your health is most important right now. Take care of your problem and as soon as the Dr. gives you the ok, you will jump right in. :heart:

How is everyone else doing with the circuits???

:flowerforyou:
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    I did burn circuit 3 today, since I missed my workout yesterday. I'm going to continue as usual through the next rest day since I already had it. Still lovin it.

I have been getting so many compliments lately! :blushing: :happy: It's definitely motivation to continue my workouts.
    Obviously too soon to see results from these workouts, but I had been doing bootcamp classes and had lost 8lbs. prior to starting ChaLean Extreme.

I still need to lose 19lbs. I'm hoping my results will be something to proudly display soon!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    Girls, I'm jealous for those of you already started. :wink: I can't wait!!

I'll second Megan's question: did you get the basic version or deluxe? I went with the basic for now. Also, what kind of weights are people lifting? I understand Chalene is encouraging to lift heavy: what is that? I would love the Bowflex or Selecttech (?) adjustable weights, but not in the budget for now.

Keep posting; you all are inspiring me :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Girls, I'm jealous for those of you already started. :wink: I can't wait!!

I'll second Megan's question: did you get the basic version or deluxe? I went with the basic for now. Also, what kind of weights are people lifting? I understand Chalene is encouraging to lift heavy: what is that? I would love the Bowflex or Selecttech (?) adjustable weights, but not in the budget for now.

Keep posting; you all are inspiring me :happy:

I got the Basic ChaLean to start with, then added the Deluxe DVD after I realized how much I loved the Basic set!! :bigsmile: The bonus DVD (you can order separately or with the bands/ weighted gloves for more) has Get Lean Intervals, Fat Burning Challenge, and I've Got Abs workouts on it. They're all GREAT and if you like the rest of ChaLean you'll love them! :bigsmile: I just got the BowFlex Select Tech dumbbells with our tax refund that LOVE them!! :heart: But... if you just have dumbbells then I would start with 5- 20# weights if you can. You will need heavier ones for lower body as you go along (I was using 40# for lower body, but I lift heavy and am very strong in the lower body!).

Let me know if anyone has any more questions!! I finished a round of ChaLean 8# thinner and much leaner!! It really helped my abs pop and my buns shrink. :bigsmile:

Jess
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Jess - Thanks for the info on the weights. After reading the guidebook and the suggested weights, I was thinking they sounded a little light for lower body work. I'm hoping to use my husband's adjustable dumbbells. They are similar to the select tech only a little more bulky.

Alf - How are you liking the circuits? Did you join team beachbody? I'm doing the 30 day trial but am not sure that I will continue you past that timeframe. MFP seems to give similar tools and support. Plus, I was a little disappointed that there isn't a ChaLean Extreme food plan option. I'm wondering if the P90X is similar. I just know that especially during the PUSH phase - the protein requirement is very important.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So I'm in the first week....Just finished the third circuit of Burn..the one with all the calf raises!!! wow.

love this program...i tried 10lbs for upper body today....made it to ten reps...than had to quit...trying to push myself out of my comfort zone....

i don't have any weights heavier than 10lbs....i definitely need heavier for lower body...will have to search out some weights....

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • alf1163
    Options
    Duffy, I've only done one circuit, #1, yesterday. I liked it. I am doing Burn #2 tomorrow. I can't wait. I am going to try hard to use the correct weight to reach failure. I have not joined TBB for a fee, I just have the free membership but is very limited. I thought the same thing as you did. I really don't want to pay to be able to log my meals and monitor my calories. And I can always find the info I need in the internet for free. The only good thing would be to get discounts on products but I am not planning on buying anything anytime soon. I just want to do this program for now and see if it will work. I think it will. I have dumbells up to 20 lbs. I use the heavy ones, 15 and 20, for lower body, 12 and 15 for chest and back. Even 20lbs for rows. My shoulders are weak so for those are usually 5-10lbs depending on the exercise. I think pretty soon I am going to have to purchase more weights or opt for those bowflex weights. How much are they? I have not looked them up...:flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    ALF - I haven't priced any of those sets because my husband owns a pair of adjustable dumbbells. My husband's weights are old - I know we have moved them 4 times so I think he bought them in the mid 90s. I pinned him down tonight and his weight set adjusts up to 85 lbs - I think they'll do for me :laugh: (Can you see me squating with 170lbs???) Although ever time I mention really working the weights hard, he really smiles. I may actually get that weight room in the basement sooner instead of later :wink:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Oh yeah Duffy, you can do it!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Where did he purchase those weights?

I did burn circuit 2 this morning. I still underestimated the weights for most of the exercises. For a couple of them (squats and back rows) I used 20lb dumbells and those are the heaviest I have. I was still able to do 12 reps. I am a little concerned with the deadlifts, not sure if I am keeping my back flat enough. I was feeling them on my hamstrings but a couple of times I felt them on my lower back. The bowler lunges were a killer, I might be sore from those.

Happy Saturday!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rintin88
    rintin88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In response to how much the SelectTechs 552 are the price ranges. Amazon just discounted the price to 379.99 for the 2009 version and you get free shipping. I'm in my second week of Burn and have been using resistance bands since i only have very light weights. Although resistance bands work really well, I prefer the feel of weights and will prob be getting the SelectTechs very soon! I also checked eBay to see if I could find anything cheaper than the Amazon price and I wasnt able to.
    Happy Weekend ChaLeaners! Keep getting extreme!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I was checking the board b/c we're getting our tax return in about 2 weeks or so and I am so interested in trying this program - have been doing Turbojam since 1/9/09 and have lost 21lbs as of this morning and some inches since then. I have definetly seen big changes in my endurance and muscles - I now have a 2 pack! WOO HOO!! working on more, LOL! My upper body looks really different and has changed quickly - my lower body seems to be more stubborn. My legs look different for sure but I would like the legs/ hips thighs/ buns area to change faster,:laugh:
    Will this program give me the results I'm looking for or should I try something else?

I appreciate the feedback and thanks,
    Janet:heart:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hey Janet!!!
    Funny running into you over here! :laugh: :heart:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I was checking the board b/c we're getting our tax return in about 2 weeks or so and I am so interested in trying this program - have been doing Turbojam since 1/9/09 and have lost 21lbs as of this morning and some inches since then. I have definetly seen big changes in my endurance and muscles - I now have a 2 pack! WOO HOO!! working on more, LOL! My upper body looks really different and has changed quickly - my lower body seems to be more stubborn. My legs look different for sure but I would like the legs/ hips thighs/ buns area to change faster,:laugh:
    Will this program give me the results I'm looking for or should I try something else?

I appreciate the feedback and thanks,
    Janet:heart:

Janet, congratulations on your accomplishments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: You are doing great!!! I love your smile and your positive attitude! I just started the program but it looks like she also puts emphasis on the lower body as well as the upper body. Maybe others can give you more input on that. I think it would be a good program for you if you have not been lifting much lately.

Yikes!! Those weights are EXPENSIVE!!! :noway: :noway: I don't think I will invest on those...:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Megan
    Well look who's here!! It was really good to see your post - maybe we can share this too!!:flowerforyou:
    Now I've got to budget : reinvest in drainage solution or Chalean

Maybe both ? hmmmmm we'll see:wink:

Have a great nite :heart:

Janet
  • alf1163
    Options
    OMG Burn Intervals ROCK!!!! Loved it!!! Ab burner was good, not super intense, but good. I am glad I had to do it today since it all takes about an hour and I have more time on Sundays to workout. Have a great Sunday!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Megan
    Well look who's here!! It was really good to see your post - maybe we can share this too!!:flowerforyou:
    Now I've got to budget : reinvest in drainage solution or Chalean

Maybe both ? hmmmmm we'll see:wink:

Have a great nite :heart:

Janet

:laugh: I'm not one to give advice on that! :laugh: If I couldn't do both, I'd definitely get Chalean and then pray for a drought!!
    :heart:
  • adnama
    Options
    I'm having problems with circuit 1. I've done it twice now, and I was in pain after both. I'm clearly doing something wrong. I had burning on the outer left backside, clear down to my calf... That subsided, and it is now numb!! It feels like my entire leg (on the outer side) is about to fall asleep. It has spread to the bottom of my foot! Does anyone know about or have had this feeling before?
    The first time I did circuit 1, my back was hurting. My back wasn't as flat as required either??
    I'm wondering if this is all coming from my back and radiating down..

Any advice is appreciated!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    That does not sound right adnama...does it only happen when you do the circuit and it goes away or are you still in pain? Have you been able to determine the exact exercise that causes this? How did you feel during the other circuits? I am no expert but if you are feeling pain other than soreness I would have it checked out by a Dr and definitely stop exercising or modify it next time. Were you lifting really heavy? Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • adnama
    Options
    I bought the reebok weights that are similar to the select techs. My heaviest weights are only 12.5 each though. I noticed back pain after the first burn circuit, and was fine with all other routines. Then my second time doing circuit one, the leg pain began. It started in the middle of a squat from what I can remember. I stopped immediately, because it burned quite badly. Then I finished out the other execrises as they didn't require squatting. I skipped it today, because the "falling asleep" feeling in my leg and foot is still there. Again, it's not on my inner leg, only on the outside. I think I will be seeing a Dr. if it isn't better by tomorrow.
    I'm thinking maybe something is inflamed, and it is pinching a nerve somewhere. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Take it from me and get a mirror like she says so you can make sure your form is correct. I think I like it better when I have an actual instructor there to make sure my form is correct....

I'm trying SO hard to get in shape, and my body seems to be fighting me every step of the way. :cry: