ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! No CX today, I did circuit trng, stationary bike and treadmill, incline walking. I am doing push 3 wk 3 tomorrow. I bought a pair of 25lb dumbells and I am wondering if I should have gotten 30lbs instead. They felt pretty much like the 20lb dumbells I have. I need them for all the lower body exercises and some of the back exercises and tricep extensions (one dumbell). I will try them out tomorrow and if I cannot tell the difference I will return them and get 30lb dumbells instead. What do you guys think? I would hate to have to buy a set of 30lbs in a couple wks. The cast iron ones are pretty much at $1 a pound. They cost me 24.95 + tax each. :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Push 2, week one. Lots of shoulders in this one!

Have a great day!
  • alf1163
    Options
    push 3 and ab burner this morning. I used my new 25lb dumbells. I was able to do 8 reps for all exercises. I really think I should have bought 30lbs instead....argh!!!!! :grumble: :grumble: I am trying to justify to my husband buying the selectthech but he doesnt see it. I see it clearly...when I buy the 30lb D it is going to cost close to $100. And as I go heavier it is going to get more expensive...

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Alf163 - That's the reasoning I used with myself on why I should purchase the selectech, and I love them. My husband didn't want me to get them because we also have a gym membership and thought it was a waste of money. But the other day the gym was closed because of the holiday and I caught him doing his shoulder workout with my selectech. Of course he would never admit that I did good in getting the selectech, but I did do good. :laugh:

I was going to run yesterday, but decided to do the elliptical and bike because I'm running everyday before my workout and thought I'd better give my knees a break before they give up on me. My calorie burn was not that great only 516 for an hour on the elliptical and half an hour on the bike, but I'll take it gladly.

It's Burn circuit 2 for me today along with a run. Im a little short on gas this morning but haven't had my coffie yet. (shhhhhh):drinker:

Have a great work out
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Alright, yesterday was my "day off" and I did one of my old ball core routines... Well, all this time I thought they were great calorie burners.... NO.... I barely eeked out 130 calories burned (which made up for splurging a little yesterday... I really need to remember to pack a lunch).
    Compared to the 500+ I rip out when I do CX Burn Intervals that is nothin!
    At least I know I won't be taxing myself too much if I add that Core workout onto ANYTHING ChaLEAN. :huh:

Tonight.... CX: Push 2

Side note: I bought Power Blocks (square shape...same idea though) and I WISH I'd gotten the Select Techs, but.... $400 later....I got what I got.... :grumble:
    They work, but since they are square during some moves they tweek my wrist weird.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Can one of you let me know what is in the guidebook past about page 40? I have an abbreviated version, and am trying to decide if I return the whole set or keep it and just print off my own calendar and weight tracking sheets. I found that there must be sets out there that have a "brochure" style guidebook/recipe book like I have, and just want to be sure there isn't something else I'm missing besides the calendar and tracking sheets.

Thanks!
  • alf1163
    Options
    In my guidebook on page 39 it is about understanding your body fat percentage. Did you get the calipers with your program? Then it shows you how to take your measurements. Also how to take your before and after pictures. It has a few pages to write down your measurements and attach a photo of your progress, day 1, day 30, day 60 and day 90. From pages 52-82, it is a breakdown of all the exercises in all the phases and you can write down the weights used and number of reps completed. After that it invites you to join teambeachbody.com The last few pages are blank pages to write down notes. That is about it. Did you get the nutrition book? I hope you got all the dvds as well.

I am debating whether or not run tomorrow morning (treadmill :grumble: ) or do burn intervals. I havent done burn intervals in a while. I was thinking about doing a half marathon in Nov but I really don't think I am training correctly for it and besides my knees are bothering me some. I am 45 yrs old and have exercised for at least 20 yrs so they have taken a beating. Any suggestions? :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am starting ChaLean Extreme today and I'd love to join you if you don't mind! I'm really excited about this :bigsmile:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Alright, I had a SMIDGE of soreness this morning! YAY! I mean, a warm shower fixed it.... BUT.... it was sore for a bit! :flowerforyou:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Today is Burn Circuit 2 had to buy heavier weights for my bottom half can't wait to get started, then off for a run. Whoo Hoo Lovin' Chalean!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I did burn intervals this morning. It really makes me sweat. I don't burn as many calories as you Brile but it was good, 347cals. Starting week 4 of push phase tomorrow!!! :drinker:

Oh, Brile, my triceps were a little sore this morning as well!!! :noway:

Happy Chaleaning!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did burn circuit 2 yesterday, got really worn out during the workout. I even had to stop the tape because I couldnt finish the reps. But I ran before the workout and decided to speed up my run by a little (I jog really) and I think I might have over done it because I didn't have that much energy to do the workout. When I finally finished the workout I just wanted to drag myself to the couch, but had to make dinner. I only burned 300 cals for burn circuit 2 plus 300 for the run. I always have a low calorie burn and that's why I picked up running.

Alf1163 - I'm with you my knees are alway aching wheather I'm sitting watching a movie or running, I'll be 47 this year. I havent worked out as long as you have but when I was younger I would run to keep fit. But my achiness goes away once my knees get warmed up, so I'm good.

Arienna - Welcome to the group, you'll luv CX, specially when the muscles start showing up.

Brile - I'm not really sore either, except for my upper back. I know I really push myself untill my arms can't bring up the weights so I dont know. I wish I had a mirror in my garage so I could check my form. I would get really sore when I was doing P90X so I don't know what's going on.

Today it's burn intervals along with ab burner, and a run.

PS my guidebook contains the same info that Alf1163 has. Have a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    hello! I started Chalean extreme on June 1st and I lOVE IT!!! I did 30 days of P90 first but now I want to GET EXTREME!!!!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Can one of you let me know what is in the guidebook past about page 40? I have an abbreviated version, and am trying to decide if I return the whole set or keep it and just print off my own calendar and weight tracking sheets. I found that there must be sets out there that have a "brochure" style guidebook/recipe book like I have, and just want to be sure there isn't something else I'm missing besides the calendar and tracking sheets.

Thanks!

Hey that's what happened to me too!! I ordered my program from Amazon and it was WAY cheaper I guess that is why! I did however complain to BB and they said I could buy a full guidebood for $29.95 so then I complained to Amazon and they credited me $35 so I can buy it! I just want to have all the materials even though I did get the "schedule" of what to do when so I did start the program but I will order the full guidebook too.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Purple120 - I would be crazy sore during P90X the first week of each, then be okay. Maybe it's just the different moves, not sure. My legs are getting ripped though. A mirror would be good in my workout room too.

alf1163 - I only get crazy calorie burns the FIRST time I do a workout... the it drops significantly as the weeks progress... Like LAST week with Burn Intervals and Abs it was a 534 calorie burn. Today it was only a 503 burn (but my knees hurt so I cut back on the jumping around... which could be why).

Does anyone elses back KILL when doing the the plyo bowlers lunges??? My lower to mid back DIES... then I can't lean over for the tricep work after and have to stand. Any tips.... :huh:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    My lower back hurt today when doing the bowler lunge, once I stood up and fixed my form it didn't hurt as much, I did find it hurts more on my weeker side.

All of you runners out there do you find it is better to run before or after CX? I ran after and my legs felt like lead bricks. I wasn't able to do my whole 3 miles I had to walk some of it.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Brile, I guess we are just getting fitter and fitter doing CX and cross trng that we are burning less calories. I heard that is a sign of fitness. The fitter you are the harder you have to workout to burn more calories. About your back, make sure you are using proper form and use your quads and hamstrings to bring yourself up and not your lower back. When you bend to do tricep kickbacks and rows, etc make sure you are sucking in your abs and keep a flat back. Be careful!!!

Purple, it sucks to get older, right? :laugh: :laugh: But we are aging gracefully because we are taking care of ourselves. But oh those aching knees...:noway: My knees are just find when I am working out except for all the noise they make :noway: They don't really bother me that much after CX, it is more after a run, especially a long run, more than 5 miles. I am considering just keeping the short runs and not challenge myself so much, what for right? I am not going to the Olympics!!! :laugh: I read somewhere about knox gelatin, anyone? I have been taking glucosamine/chondroitin but it is not really helping...I finished my last bottle and I dont think I will be buying more. I tried it for at least 3 mos.

Eni29, welcome!!!! You will love your workouts. Glad Amazon gave you a credit so you can purchase the guidebook.

Have a great evening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Alright, I'll double check my form when I do Burn Intervals again... see if that helps.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My lower back hurt today when doing the bowler lunge, once I stood up and fixed my form it didn't hurt as much, I did find it hurts more on my weeker side.

All of you runners out there do you find it is better to run before or after CX? I ran after and my legs felt like lead bricks. I wasn't able to do my whole 3 miles I had to walk some of it.

I usually run on alternating days. Lift Mon, run Tues, lift Wed, run Thurs. But I would say to run after that way you really get in your weights even if your legs do feel like lead. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Hey that's what happened to me too!! I ordered my program from Amazon and it was WAY cheaper I guess that is why! I did however complain to BB and they said I could buy a full guidebood for $29.95 so then I complained to Amazon and they credited me $35 so I can buy it! I just want to have all the materials even though I did get the "schedule" of what to do when so I did start the program but I will order the full guidebook too.

That's why you should only order from Team Beachbody. :laugh: I don't know what the difference is, but I know a lot of people have gotten ripped off ordering from ebay and amazon.