ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    hello! I started Chalean extreme on June 1st and I lOVE IT!!! I did 30 days of P90 first but now I want to GET EXTREME!!!!

Good for you!! It's an awesome program, I love it! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am starting ChaLean Extreme today and I'd love to join you if you don't mind! I'm really excited about this :bigsmile:

Good luck to you as well!! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I am debating whether or not run tomorrow morning (treadmill :grumble: ) or do burn intervals. I havent done burn intervals in a while. I was thinking about doing a half marathon in Nov but I really don't think I am training correctly for it and besides my knees are bothering me some. I am 45 yrs old and have exercised for at least 20 yrs so they have taken a beating. Any suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Hey girl! Do you take Glucosamine at all? That might help the knees. Otherwise, I would take a look at your running shoes. I've had sore knees lately and am thinking I need to get new shoes myself!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I did burn circuit 2 yesterday, got really worn out during the workout. I even had to stop the tape because I couldnt finish the reps. But I ran before the workout and decided to speed up my run by a little (I jog really) and I think I might have over done it because I didn't have that much energy to do the workout. When I finally finished the workout I just wanted to drag myself to the couch, but had to make dinner. I only burned 300 cals for burn circuit 2 plus 300 for the run. I always have a low calorie burn and that's why I picked up running.

Today it's burn intervals along with ab burner, and a run.

It's true that if you are more efficient you burn less cals. I got a Polar F6 HRM a while back and was surprised at how many less cals I burn than what the treadmill and elliptical told me!! :huh:

Sounds like you're keeping busy!! Don't wear yourself out!
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options

I usually run on alternating days. Lift Mon, run Tues, lift Wed, run Thurs. But I would say to run after that way you really get in your weights even if your legs do feel like lead. :laugh:

Thanks I might start alternating also, tho on my CX rest days I do plyo and kenpo, It might be doing too much but those were my favorite two in P90X. lol :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Thanks I might start alternating also, tho on my CX rest days I do plyo and kenpo, It might be doing too much but those were my favorite two in P90X. lol :smile:

Gotta love Plyo. :bigsmile: At least try to get in one rest day a week though! I usually run on day 2 (rest day). Just listen to your body! :wink:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    how do all of you know how many calories you are burning? i just work out til i'm dripping sweat and just rely on the scale to tell me if i'm working out hard enough. how do i figure out my calories? i want to know how much i'm burning.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    how do all of you know how many calories you are burning? i just work out til i'm dripping sweat and just rely on the scale to tell me if i'm working out hard enough. how do i figure out my calories? i want to know how much i'm burning.

The only way you can really know is with a heart rate monitor. I have a Polar F6 HRM and love it! If you don't have one, then I would put in ChaLean's weight training as circuit training. (but just put it in for about 25- 30 min since you are also warming up/ cooling down). Something like Burn If Off I would log as high impact aerobics. HTH!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wear a Heart Rate Monitor (Polar F4). Before I got it I just clicked on the exercise tab and then go to enter exercise or workout and if it is in the database it will give you an estimate of the calorie burn based on the info it has about you, age, weight. The only problem is that it is not taking into consideration your HR. So wearing a HRM would be more accurate. It gets addictive, I cannot workout without it! :laugh:

Jess, I have taken glucosamine/chondroitin for months now. My running shoes are fairly new (5mos?) it might be time to buy a new pair and perhaps will be my half marathon shoes :drinker: I am going to look into it. I do stretch after my workouts and my runs. I should also make an appt and see what the Dr would recommend. I know what he/she is going to say, stop exercising so much, you have osteoarthritis, or something like that...old age. :laugh: :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Haven't posted in awhile but have kept up ChaLean....still LOVE it. I've been a bit sporadic with the workouts but am still going through. I've dropped a size in my pants since starting :laugh:

Not sure if it can ALL be attributed to Chalean since I've started jogging as well and am eating better but I'm sure its helped for sure! People have commented that I'm "in the best shape of [my] life" and I feel much stronger.

So just wanted to drop in and say Hi and say i'm so happy to see everyone doing so well with this program. I recommend it to my friends all the time! :flowerforyou:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Haven't posted in awhile but have kept up ChaLean....still LOVE it. I've been a bit sporadic with the workouts but am still going through. I've dropped a size in my pants since starting :laugh:

Not sure if it can ALL be attributed to Chalean since I've started jogging as well and am eating better but I'm sure its helped for sure! People have commented that I'm "in the best shape of [my] life" and I feel much stronger.

So just wanted to drop in and say Hi and say i'm so happy to see everyone doing so well with this program. I recommend it to my friends all the time! :flowerforyou:

Great job!!! I feel the same way. ChaLean paired with running for me = AWESOME results!! I've had lots of people tell me lately that they can tell I've lost weight and I look so *fit*. I don't want to look *skinny*, *fit* is the look I'm going for. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess, I have taken glucosamine/chondroitin for months now. My running shoes are fairly new (5mos?) it might be time to buy a new pair and perhaps will be my half marathon shoes :drinker: I am going to look into it. I do stretch after my workouts and my runs. I should also make an appt and see what the Dr would recommend. I know what he/she is going to say, stop exercising so much, you have osteoarthritis, or something like that...old age. :laugh: :tongue:

:flowerforyou:

You could see what your Dr. recommends! My Dr. is a triathlete so we have great discussions. In fact, he will be racing at the tri I'm doing tomorrow. :laugh: Nah, you're only as old as you feel, girl!! And exercise keeps you young. :bigsmile:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    A had a nice run with my 9 year old yesterday morning. Three miles, slow pace= great time with my girl :love:

Came home from working at the local pool at 8:30 pm and did Burn Intervals.

Off to do Push 3 and Burn It Off. Then I have to face packing my classroom-:grumble: :noway:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's, workout done. I think when I do Burn Intervals, and ab workout, I'm not going to run anymore. It might be a little too much, I'm just addicted to that extra calorie burn, becuase I can eat a little extra. Can't wait for Sunday to rest, maybe I'll do stretch X, depending how I'm doing on time.

Welcome to all the new people, glad you joined us.

I use a Polar F6 HRM, and I can't workout without it. Just when I think I'm having a great calore burn it brings me back to reality with what my numbers are, and keeps me from over eating.

Tonight is burn circuit 3 along with another run.

Yeah it's Friday, I just love Friday's, this is what my party night looks like. I think my dh and I will probably rent a movie and fall sleep on the couch while watching it. These are the simple things in life I look forward too. I hope everyone has a great workout, enjoy your Friday doing whatever makes you feel good.:flowerforyou:
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started ChaLean today. It was pretty tough! My arms and entire body will definitely hurt tomorrow! It was different doing a workout with such heavy weights but it does make sense. Go slow and don't use your body's momentum-use only your muscles! hell yes.

Does anyone know the best way to put in strength/cardio for this program on the Exercise link?

Thanks,

kat
  • alf1163
    Options
    incircles, welcome!! :drinker: Click on the exercise tab, then database, then search for strength training and enter your minutes. It will calculate your calories burned using the info you have provided in this site. For burn it off you can use the dropdown and find the exercise that best resembles the workouts. For Burn Intervals I would use interval trng, not sure if that is how it is on the database. I wear an HRM so it calculates it for me. And then I just enter it on this site.

Jess, thanks for all the suggestions. I purchased something called Nutra-Joint today and I will try it for a while. It has glucosamine, chondroitin, vit C, gelatin...will see. I also need to purchase a new pair of running shoes.

I did push 1 week 4 this morning. I was tired, only slept about 5hrs. But I still did it and extreme abs, managed to burn close to 300 cals.

Purple, I would definitely not do any cardio or run before doing a circuit. I wouldnt have the energy to lift as heavy. I try to do my intense cardio such as running on days that I don't lift. Or on days that I lift and have more time to workout I do burn it off or the fat blaster dvd after I lift and do an abs session.

Have a great evening!!
    Annette :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Yeah it's Friday, I just love Friday's, this is what my party night looks like. I think my dh and I will probably rent a movie and fall sleep on the couch while watching it. These are the simple things in life I look forward too. I hope everyone has a great workout, enjoy your Friday doing whatever makes you feel good.:flowerforyou:

Sounds remarkably like our Friday nights :laugh:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Push 3 week one for me yesterday, followed by Burn It Off. I was dripping!

I too use a Polar for my HRM and to find calories burned. Very addictive!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!! Getting ready to go for a job with my husband. He is willing to get out there with me. :drinker: :drinker:

Jess, how was the triathlon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to hear about it!!!

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Just finished Burn week 1 feeling it but feeling good,! One question for you all have any of you had your pants feel tighter at the end of the week? I am a bit bummed my legs feel tighter and look better but my pants are tighter in my thighs. I am bottom heavy all my weight is in my hips thighs and butt. I was hoping with all the leg execerise, running, biking and eating clean I would see a change for the better not the worst. If any of you have any suggestions I am all ears.