ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! You are doing great!!! I did lean 1 today, started my third round. I increased my weights for some exercises. It is tough!!! The tricep pushups, OMG :noway: For some reason I was only able to do 3 on my toes today. Last week I did 5 good ones...I don't get it. Oh well, maybe one of those days I was not as strong...

Brile, yes, there have been days that I am starving more than others. I do eat pretty often, every 2-3hrs. But sometimes I am ready to eat in an hr but I normally wait.

Where are you Jess? Duffy? There are a few people missing...

Good job everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    I did my last Burn on Friday. I'm going to do some running and burn intervals and burn it off, etc. I'll start Lean on Monday. I've upped my weights on most things. I wish I had 30 pounds. I have been using 27.5 on most lower body-except single leg dead lift :noway: . It's mainly a balance issue for me, though. I find the weight doesn't bother me when I keep the off leg down, instead of lifting it. Anyone else have trouble with that one?
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's push 2 for me today along with a run.

515Teach - WOW 275.# for leg workout that's great. I can go heavier on my leg workouts, but I struggle keeping up the weights with my arms, by the time I get to the leg workout my arms are spent. The heaviest I can go on a leg workout is 20-25# and I'm struggling bad, wish my arms were stronger to go up in weight for my leg workouts, congrats. I think balance is just to practice and pick a stop to focus on while doing the excercise. I think you're doing great the balance thing will come with time.

Alf1163 - You're almost done, you're an inspiration to the rest of us. I'll be in your city in a few weeks visiting my grandson, hope it's not too hot.

I hope everyone has a great workout. :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Did my first LEAN workout this morning.... is it normal to have to jump WAY back in the weight when you initially start? With sooo many bicep curls I went from 15lbs down to 12lbs by the end....

Also, I REALLY struggle with tricep pushups...If I go all the way down I am basically laying on the ground (yay for big boobs)... so.... which is best... going down as low as one can maintaining form or going ALL the way down losing form?

This is gonna be a tough phase... my upper body is WAY weaker then my lower body... so I am failing the upper half but not the lower half. Any tips on that issue?
  • alf1163
    Options
    Teach, you are doing great!! I am also ready to use 30lb dumbells for my legs. I might buy them this week. I really don't want to spend the money on the select tech so I think for now all I need is a pr of 30lb dumbells and that would be it for now.

I am going to do the maintenance phase for 4 wks after I finish the lean phase. Now after that I am not sure what I will be doing. Might do P90X or Cathe STS or start going to the gym again to lift heavy, not sure...

Brile, I find myself doing that as well. I wish she would work the triceps more than biceps. The tricep pushups are tough but you will get better at them. When you go on your knees make sure your position is correct so you can get stronger and eventually do all of them on your toes. I am impressed with Donna from the video, she does perfect tricep pushups on her toes and she is how old? 62? That is my inspiration!!! As far as the lower body is concerned I am looking for suggestions myself. I feel the need to work my lower body more aggressively to build up some buns of steel:laugh: I was thinking about doing extra lunges and squats with heavy weights after I am done with the workout. Anyone has any other suggestions?

Purple, let's try to meet up. I would love to meet you. Nothing lengthy, we can meet somewhere just to say hi. Maybe we can take a picture and post it here. It is HOT, MUY CALIENTE!!! :noway: Lately in the 100's. We are about to go to water restrictions level 3 which means only watering your lawn with sprinklers once every two weeks!! Right now it is only once a week and at certain times. Watering by hand is allowed any time of the day but it is so time consuming. I live near Sea World. It is actually one of my nice runs to run to SW and back home. It is about 6miles.

Take care! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I LOVED my first push workout! It was great! I LOVE this program I almost miss it on my rest days but I still take them!

Mary
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I did my last Burn on Friday. I'm going to do some running and burn intervals and burn it off, etc. I'll start Lean on Monday. I've upped my weights on most things. I wish I had 30 pounds. I have been using 27.5 on most lower body-except single leg dead lift :noway: . It's mainly a balance issue for me, though. I find the weight doesn't bother me when I keep the off leg down, instead of lifting it. Anyone else have trouble with that one?

Aren't you going to do the push phase?
  • alf1163
    Options
    lean 2 week 3 today. Shoulder exercises are tough for me, my weakest body part. I am even using 5lb weights for one exercise. :noway: Back no problem, I can lift 25lbs for back exercises. I am running tomorrow and lean 3 on Sat morning.

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Its push 3 for me today along with a run. I'm off from work today, so I'll do my workout earlier.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and excellent workout.

Alf - sounds great hope we can get together.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Oh my word! I am dying!
    I don't know what has happened but my energy level has totally dropped the last week!
    I used to get up and do sprints, then my ChaLEAN (PUSH), plus Slim'n 6 Ramp It Up.
    This week... I've only been able to muster enough umph for ChaLEAN (LEAN) and then one 20-30 minute workout.

Also, I am TOTALLY struggling with the LEAN phase, I am having a hard time being coordinated enough to do upper and lower body with weights at the same time. I feel like I am not working one half as much as I should be. Does that make sense? I know they say you are supposed to get amazing results from this phase... but I don't feel I am working half as hard in this phase as I did in the first two!
  • alf1163
    Options
    End of lean, week 3 today. I also did extreme abs today and an extra set of squats and lunges with heavy weights.

Brile, I think you need to eat more, of course healthy foods. Your workouts are intense and your body requires the right amount of quality foods. The lean phase is tough and the movements require a lot of balance and core work. It is not really intense for the lower body as the push phase was. This coming week I am going to try to do extra sets of squats, lunges and deadlifts after I do a round.

Purple, when are you coming to San Antonio? Let me know.

Happy 4th!! Be safe!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I'll try upping my calories and see if that helps.
    I know my eating hasn't been as good as it should because of all the recent celebrations and stuff.
    I am hoping to get back on track this week.
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    HI everyone -

I have been thinking about getting CE, but hadn't decided for sure. After reading your posts, I think I will. I have been doing SI6, but am so bored with it The same routine day after day after day. I haven't stuck with it like I should, to be honest. Sounds like you have had pretty good results from CE but not much weight loss, more inches. Is that correct? Is this more of an advanced program? I haven't been working out consistently and need something to keep me motivated and it sounds like this might be it. Ideas?
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I personally bored with SI6 program, just bored... although I do LOVE the Ramp It Up video!
    I took a few months off working out before starting CE and really enjoyed it.
    I haven't seen lots of weight loss, but I am not following the diet regiment as I should either.
    Tone wise though, amazing!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Did P90X Yoga today... not my fav... but felt amazingly refreshed after!

Gotta work on RE-cleaning up my diet AGAIN! :grumble:
    Since my birthday there have been WAY too many refined carbs running around.
    Also, going to up my calories to 1500... since I have been BLAH for weeks....
    I am HORRIBLE about NOT eating them back... I can't eat ALL of them or I see NO results... but if i don't eat some I see no results... It's a double edged sword. :laugh:
    So, if I take in at least 1500 I should be safe on most days... except Burn days.

I wonder if i am working out too much....
    I added additional workouts in hopes of seeing MORE results (in tone)...
    Here is an average day:

AM Workout
    20 Minutes Walk/Run (Walk-Sprints)
    ChaLEAN (LEAN PHASE Workout)

PM Workout
    20 Minute Pilates
    20-30 Minute Turbo Jam workout

That's not that bad is it?
    I am just trying to figure out why I am soooo wiped out these days.
  • purple120
    Options
    Its push 1 for me today and a run.

You know the workouts are great and they don't do me in, its my eating habits that kill me all the time and keep me from losing weight. I either over eat too many refrined carbs or I dont eat enough and go into starvation mode. So all the days that I'm over eating are just being stored as fat, but in the wierdest places. I'm top heavy so I get the fat in my arms, my back, my face, in between my arms and chest. I dont have a bludge in my stomach, but I dont have that sexy curve. I look like a linebacker (a short one) hahaha. I seriously need to change my eating habits, because I workout so hard just to turn around and sabatoge myself. Time to kick myself in the buttocks.

Brile - I agree with re-cleaning my eating habits that's what I need to do, after this long weekend I need to look at my eating habits again. For me it was a long weekend and staying at home that do me in.

I hope everyone has a great workout and even better eating. :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    wwwalke02 - I'm doing Chalean and love the program, but I understand about getting bored because that's how I am. I did P90X before and it's an excellent program, but the workouts are longer. I can do a Chalean workout and still get a run in, or add some turbo jam or Kenpo X. Dont worry if you cant lift too much weight in the video there is people working out at different levels.
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi Purple - I went ahead and bought CE yesterday, I am looking forward to trying it out. Is there a different video for each work out? I also ordered Turbo Jam, I keep hearing it is a great and fun workout.

I am just like you, I really need to clean up my eating. It is so difficult. I sabbatoge it everytime. I lose a little and then go crazy with eating and gain it all back - its a vicious cycle.

Thanks for the info.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Did P90X Yoga today... not my fav... but felt amazingly refreshed after!

Gotta work on RE-cleaning up my diet AGAIN! :grumble:
    Since my birthday there have been WAY too many refined carbs running around.
    Also, going to up my calories to 1500... since I have been BLAH for weeks....
    I am HORRIBLE about NOT eating them back... I can't eat ALL of them or I see NO results... but if i don't eat some I see no results... It's a double edged sword. :laugh:
    So, if I take in at least 1500 I should be safe on most days... except Burn days.

I wonder if i am working out too much....
    I added additional workouts in hopes of seeing MORE results (in tone)...
    Here is an average day:

AM Workout
    20 Minutes Walk/Run (Walk-Sprints)
    ChaLEAN (LEAN PHASE Workout)

PM Workout
    20 Minute Pilates
    20-30 Minute Turbo Jam workout

That's not that bad is it?
    I am just trying to figure out why I am soooo wiped out these days.

Hi Brile-

I also was feeling really blah and tired before, after, during workouts...you name it! I upped my calories to 1600 and I do eat back ALL exercise calories. I finally saw a weight reduction and I am feeling much more energized! Also, I do my CE in the mornings and changed my cardio on those days to the afternoon/evening instead of in the morning like CE, as I was struggling to get through a workout!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the feed back you guys.

I still am sleeping in (7AM) so didn't have time to do my sprints this morning, so I'll try to wedge them in tonight.

I will see how I feel at 1500 and if still draggin I'll up it again.