ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nursegirl, I am no expert, but I think "shaky all over" means you had a pretty good workout. It does not necessarily mean that particular weight was heavy enough for you though. You might need to get a pair of 12 lbs and even 15lbs dumbells soon. In the meantime you could slow down even more and make those 10lbs feel that they are 50lbs. :laugh:

Duffy, what running program are you using? Anything in particular? I should be running more but I just got new shoes and I need to break them in. I overdid it on Sunday and ended up with a blister. And who knows, maybe the little pain I have on the side of my thigh could be attributed to the new shoes as well...it is so hard to tell what caused it since I do so much. :noway:

Someone please do me a favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I left my guidebook at work because I was sharing it with a coworker and I dont remember what lean circuit I need to do the first week of lean for life. I did burn 1 on Mon, push 2 yesterday and I am supposed to do a lean circuit tomorrow but cant remember which one. I need to workout before I go to work. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    alf1163,

The 1st week is:

Burn 1
    rest
    Push 2
    Burn intervals * extreme abs
    Lean 1
    Burn it off & Recharge
    Rest

Hope you get this on time!!:happy:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Burn Circuit 3 for me today - Boy after a week of the Burn plus half marathon training I may need to find myself a good sports massage therapist. My legs are tight - Hopefully some good yoga, some serious stretching and a soak in epsom will take care of it.

ALF: Right now I'm using my old Running Room training program - I actually did my first and second half marathons with a clinic in one of their stores in Canada. Running Room schedules 5 runs a week but my old body just can't do that so I focus on 4 good runs a week. 1 tempo - 1 hills -1 steady and 1 long distance. After training for a full last summer this half training is so much nicer, I honestly don't think I could do CX and train for a full.

Have a great weekend.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Yes!! Thank you, I got it on time. I did lean 1 this morning. I did not burn that many calories this time. It is so hard for me to balance when I am doing calf raises. I get so frustrated. :grumble: But good workout overall. I also added ab burner. No time for something else. Leaving for work. Have a great one!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • elwolfy
    elwolfy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just got my ChaLEAN in the mail yesterday. I got it on ebay since I wasn't sure I was going to like it - of course they included the 'guides' but they are a little suspect :tongue: Thanks to whoever posted a link for the calendar since that was missing...

I'm excited to start! I was doing all the Jillian Michaels workouts but I got kind of bored after 6 months of that. Still great workouts but I needed to shake it up.

NIce to 'meet' everyone!
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP.

My name is Jenn, and I'm on week 2 of ChaLean Extreme, getting ready for Burn Circuit 3 after work tonight.

I've been using between 3 lb and 15 lb weights (don't have 12's) and I'm loving the program so far :love:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Elwolfy and Cynder, welcome to our little group!!! :drinker: :drinker: You will love this program. Just ask any questions you may have.

Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Finished week 2 of the Lean month. I have really focused on form this month and have had some slight soreness. Personally, I LOVE that feeling! Sounds like everyone is doing well :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    After my long run yesterday - I've reevaluated my training program. I think I'm going to really need my Mondays off to recuperate so today I'm just doing Recharge and I'll be fitting my Burn Circuits in after my runs on 3 of my run days. I'll let you know how it goes. After a month of problems with the beach body website I'm finally back on so I'll check with some runners there as well.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Another week down. Burn it off today. I am beginning to dread that workout because a lot of it is repeats of Burn Intervals. I am trying to follow the program exactly as it is written but was thinking of maybe doing something different on cardio days during my lean phase which starts next week. I do treadmill/running after my weight lifting workouts already.
    I was thinking of doing the turbo jam cardio workouts or something.

What do you all do?
  • Cynder
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome :happy:

Eni29- I LOATH Burn it Off and have been thinking about switching it out with Turbo Jam as well. I missed that workout last night (daughter didn't want to go to bed until 11 PM :mad: so I'm going to do it tomorrow instead of my rest day.

I caught myself doing push ups for the fun of it last night in the hallway just to see how many I could do when my arms weren't "dead" from the weights (6 on my knee, better than I used to do)
    Tonight is BC1, and I'll fit in the Recharge I missed last night.
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined this site and have just ordered the Chalean program. I have been doing Zumba (hi impact Latin Dance type aerobics) for the past 5 weeks. It is pretty cardio intense. My question is do you think it will be possible to do the 2 programs together? I love Zumba and don't want to give it up.
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    Yeah...you could do it together. I do CX and Turbo kick 3 times a week. If you read Chelene Johnsons blog she will tell you to do the cardio that you like along with the CX.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you could do it together. I do CX and Turbo kick 3 times a week. If you read Chelene Johnsons blog she will tell you to do the cardio that you like along with the CX.

Where is her blog?
  • elwolfy
    elwolfy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :smile:

I'm not going to be able to follow the schedule consistently because of vacations coming up the next couple weeks. So I guess all I'm going to do so far is the fit test and watch that introductory dvd... I'm anxious to get started though!

angelae-I think its totally possible to keep up with Zumba do CX. I'd just be sure to keep rest days in your schedule. I hear zumba is awesome - my gym at work is going to bring it in and I'm so psyched. I've had the same workout routines since about January and I really need to do some new stuff...
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I am glad that I will be able to do both

Elwolfy-If you can take a zumba class you should. It is the first thing that I have ever been motivated to keep doing. It is fun and a great workout.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Week 2 of the Burn - Did my tempo run and then did Burn Circuit 1 - I was actually shocked by the increase in weights I was able to use today - I'm thinking it is from being in the runner's high while working out -
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    chalenejohnson.blogspot.com
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    nursegirl - thanks for the info

Today I did Burn Intervals and Abs Nothing like Interval training to really get you nice and sweaty and I was in my nice cool basement.
  • Cynder
    Options
    Last night was Burn Circuit 2 Week 3, and I'm still feeling the burn this morning :smile:
    I did cheat and do the tipple threat push ups as regular push ups (knee), but I did get through the whole set.
    Co-workers have already said that my arms are getting toned and thinner.