ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Anyone on here on round 2 of CE? I've just got the Lean phase left, but wondering if I should start over, continue on with Lean for Life, or take a break and come back to it? I would think going through it again would provide even better results, but I'm not sure I can lift any heavier in the Push circuit the 2nd time around!
  • annierg1327
    Options
    Hello,
    I just recieved my Chalean yesterday and am excited to start tonight!!! Been reading alot of posts and I'm READY for the challenge!! My gym membership ran out and my hours got cut sooo what better a time than work on me!!!
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I am lovin CX!!!!!:love: Sometimes I want to stop half way through the workout because it's hard but I've pushed myself to the end. I have went from 1 pushup on my toes to 5 on my toes. On my knees I can actually go for awhile. The improvement in my body is what keeps me motivated!

Hope everyone one is doing well!!:bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am on my second week of lean for life. I am not sure if I will do a second round. I would like to try something else. I get bored easily. I do want to say that I have gotten great results with CX, mostly on my strength and definitely on the shape of my arms. Everyone comments on how my arms look so toned and they can see every muscle on them. Abs and lower body, not so sure, I am definitely toned all over but I would like to see more toning on my lower body, more on my butt really. :laugh: :laugh: I should increase the number of squats and lunges with heavy weights. My thighs are already pretty toned.

Welcome to all the new ChaLeaners. If you have any questions ask away. You may definitely do other type of cardio that you enjoy. I love Zumba as well. Right now I am running more. And for 6 weeks I took a Krav Maga kickboxing class once a week.

Anyone here doing following her nutrition plan? How is that working out for you? Just curious. I always thought it was too low in calories. I did my own plan, eating clean most of the time and eating most of my exercise calories. I am now on maintenance. I eat anywhere from 1800 to 2000 calories.

Purple, how are you doing? I hope you enjoyed your time with your family. I am heading out this weekend for my grandbaby's first birthday party! Cake and ice cream here I come. :laugh:

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm back. I'm doing Push 3 tonite along with turbo jam. I really enjoyed myself this week and my pants feel it.:blushing: No regrets but ready to start back with my workout. WOW a lot of new people, welcome to all and lets start having some fun. I'll post some vacation pictures once I get them from my daughter.

ALF enjoy your time with your grandchild I sure did. I love when he grabs my finger and calls me Nana, I go back in October. You were right about the "Muy caliente" part, I'm glad we spent most of our time around water, needed to cool off. Of course I did some shopping at the outlet mall, wasn't gonna let an opportunity pass me by from getting a handbag. :laugh:

Have a great workout:flowerforyou:
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got my kit today and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! I am hoping to start on Sunday. Here's to hoping I can hang with the DVD!!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Despite a crazy schedule this week I'm chugging right along with Week 2 of Burn. After a 5K run this morning with hill training, I completed Burn Circuit 2. I seem to like 1 and 2 better than 3 but I'll let you know after I do Circuit 3 again.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Now I know why I don't like Circuit 3 all the calf raises make the soles of my feet cramp. Anyone else have this problem? I'm considering breaking the exercises down into squats with the upper body work and then just doing weights with the calf raises. Maybe I'm just lifting my foot too high. Don't know but it still is my least favorite Circuit.
  • angelae39
    Options
    I started the program today, but only made it 3/4 of the way through the workout. Is it ok to move onto the next one when scheduled or should I keep trying to get all the way through the 1st one before moving on?
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    angalae: I'm by no way an expert but I'd suggest you move on to the next work out so that you can get a feel for the entire program. Then, I'd only move on to week 2 when you can complete all the workouts completely. Does that make sense?
  • angelae39
    Options
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the advice!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi!! Sorry, I was out of town. I am on wk 3 of lean for life. Burn 3 this morning, Duffy, I know exactly what you mean. All those calf raises, I have a hard time keeping my balance. I also did extreme abs and fat blaster.

Angelae, I second what Duffy suggested. It makes sense. Do you think the weights you chose were too heavy? What do you think caused you to not finish the workout? Another thing I would suggest is that next time you think you cannot finish just use your body weight and finish it that way. What is most important is to be consistent and not give up. You will be amazed of how much you can do later on as you continue with the program.

Where is Brile??? We have lost a couple of people....

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I woke up early this morning and did 20 min. of turbo jam. I accomplish so much more when I can get a workout of the way in the morning. I'm not a morning person and I struggle to do this, we'll see how long I can keep it up. Tonight it's push 1 along with ab workout.

Have a great workout:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi Purple and all, I forgot to mention that we need to start a new thread today. We have approached 20 pages and our thread will be closed down soon. So I am starting a new one by the end of the day. I will let you know as soon as I do it. What do you want to call it? Any suggestions? :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I like Chaleaners Unite, but if we need a change how about Chaleaners Go Heavy or Go Home. I know corney.:laugh:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What ever sounds good to me!! I just like chating with you guys!!!

Oh....I need to get back on track. I have been doing CLX and turbo jam back to back. I think I'll start doing CLX in the morning.

Anyone have problems doing CLX in the am like low energy to lift?
  • alf1163
    Options
    I love it Purple, that will be it!!! I am posting the new thread as soon as I am done posting this.

Nursegirl, I mostly do CX in the mornings, a little after 5am. I have done it with an empty stomach since I do no have time to eat something and wait to digest. I had no major problems doing that but I keep hearing how important it is to eat something for energy. So lately I've been eating a banana, tangerine or banana with some peanut butter. I still feel the same as when I workout on an empty stomach. I have energy, what tends to affect me the most is if I had enough sleep. I think it has to do also if you have been eating enough period and not just right before the workout. I am meeting with my dietician tomorrow and will ask him that same question.

See you at the new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Sorry, I check in here now and then.
    I don't use MFP much, I got really obsessive about calories for a while, to the point I was really sick.
    I am still doing ChaLEAN though (actually thinking of investing in Insanity too), I am on my last month!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Not a Chaleaner, just want to .........
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    PUSH IT OVER THE EDGE......