ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I start week 4 of the lean phase tomorrow. :drinker: :drinker:

wwalke02, you have three different dvds in each phase so you rotate the same three videos every 4 wks. The workouts are no longer than 40 mins some are just about 30 mins. If you push yourself by doing your best at every workout and eat a clean diet most of the time, at least 80% of the time you will see results.

I gotta go now but will write more later...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burned during the Push Phase when you are on the weight lifting days? What do you record for calories burned on your log?
    Thanks!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burned during the Push Phase when you are on the weight lifting days? What do you record for calories burned on your log?
    Thanks!

My suggestion is to invest in a heart rate monitor.
    Calorie burn can vary greatly due to many things....
    At 180lbs... my burn will probably be different then someone who is 130lbs.
    Also, if I only do a half-a$$ed effort one day and someone does 110% effort it would throw off the count too.

:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I agree with Brile that it is best to spend on a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate calorie burn. If you cannot or do not want to get one right now just go to the exercise tab and under the cardiovascular enter weight training (I believe that is what it is) enter the minutes spent and it will estimate your calorie burn. I am 45yrs old, 5'5", 124lbs (about 127 during the push phase) and pretty fit and I burned anywhere from 180-250 cals in the push phase. Take your measurements also, that is a better way to monitor your progress. :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Almost passed out (literally) at the end of Burn Intervals today... figure I should be concerned about that.
    I haven't had that happen since the first week I did ChaLEAN.
    I usually workout first thing in the morning before I eat anything....
    Any ideas?
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did push 1 yesterday along with a run. What is it with the lack of energy is it contagious? I struggled with the push phase, and I couldn't even run, it was more like a walk/run. My calorie burn showed it too, it usually is anywhere from 500 to 600 depending on how much I push myself, but I only got a 400 calorie burn. Honestly I think it's the heat and the lack of water intake. So my goal for today is drink all my water.

KIM - I agree with everyone you should try to invest in a good HRM, I have a Polar F6 and don't workout without it. Calorie burn various between male and female, age, height, weight and resting heart rate. I always thought I was burning calories like everyone else, imagine my surprise when I found out I burn a lot less (actually more disappointment). But that's just the way I am. I'm 5'3", 46 yoa, 169#, and I burn anywhere between 160-200 cals during the Push Phase.

Let's get motivated and have a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Brile: I usually eat half a banana before I work out. Just a little something to fuel my body before I get started.

I did Lean One today for the first time: holy moly! I also went down on weights from the PUSH phase, but so did Chalene. We're doing more reps, so I figured that is why.

This morning was a run. I'm working at the pool this summer, and it closed early, so maybe I'll do Burn It Off and Recharge tonight.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Brile, I am not an expert but from what I've read you might not eating enough as it is and if you workout first thing in the morning without eating something first I can see why you would run out of energy and risk passing out. If I know I ate low calories or barely enough to sustain the day before and will be having a tough workout in the morning I eat something like a banana with some peanut butter, or half of english muffin with peanut butter before I get dressed for my workout. That small meal will settle a little while I get ready and pop in the dvd and it will give me enough energy to complete my workout strong. I only wait an hr after I eat if I have more food than that. I hope this helps.

I did lean 1 week 4 this morning. I did 7 tricep pushups on my toes!!!! :drinker: :drinker: The rest on my knees. What a difference 4 wks make. I only did 1 on my toes the first week. :noway: Donna from the video is impressive, she is very strong at her age. She inspires me!! I only had time for ab burner after lean 1 this morning. I usually have to get ready to be at work by 8:30am.

Have a good evening!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Purple, how much water are you drinking? In the summer you should increase your water intake especially when you workout outdoors. Also, I don't know how you guys can do it but it would be pretty tough for me to combine a lifting phase with a run afterwards. I can do one of her cardios just fine although I havent had time to do that lately. But a run...:noway: :noway: Kudos to you!!

Teach, I also went down on weights for some of the exercises on lean phase. It is not only that you are doing more reps but you are using your entire body, core and that makes it more challenging. Great job!!

• FluffnStuff
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I'll starting eating at least a banana when I get up.
    It was weird cause it's been AGES since I felt that whipped!

I'm also gonna relax a bit at night with my calories
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Good morning. I did not do Burn It Off last night; instead I went for a 45 minute bike ride with my two daughters.

This morning, I did Lean 2. Lots of shoulders today. Wow, the planks with row-YIKES!!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • purple120
    Options
    It's push 2 for me today and a run.

Alf - Hey, how's it going. I know I dont drink enough water I usually drink about 48 oz, but I'm trying to up my water intake to at least 80 oz., its very hard for me though I hate to drink water. I dont drink any soft drinks, but I did give up drinking coffee at least for a while. I have more energy today, took my rest day yesterday and I actually caught up on my sleep. I'm also going to start working out in my living room since the temperature is getting over 100 this week. :sick: I'll run in the late afternoon when it's cooler or just go to the gym. I even made an appointment to get my thyroid levels checked again because this is how I start feeling when my hypothyroid is going crazy. It's all good though, because I'm still motivated to workout, I just have to make a few adjustments here and there.

I dont always run when I lift, I'll do a kenpo X or a turbo jam. With this workout it just seems like I have extra time to sneak a calorie burn workout here and there. When I did P90X I didn't have that luxury, after a workout I only had enough energy to crawl into the tub. Those 60-90 minutes workouts are killer.

I hope everyone has a great work, and drink your water (that's meant for me). :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Lean 2 wk 4!! I only had time to do the lean circuit and not abs...:grumble: gotta get ready to go to work. Yesterday at my Krav Maga class we did a lot of abs work so that is good.

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I did push 2 and went to the gym yesterday. I saw that my gym offers Zumba classes and I thought great I've heard so much about it I'll go. Believe me I dont have any coordination at all, but I'm always willing to try something new. I got there 30 minutes early and the class was already full, with a long line of ladies waiting. The class did look like a lot of fun but I dont like the waiting time and the class being so crowded. Hopefully my gym will open more than one Zumba class a week.

It's burn intervals and ab burner for me tonite.

I hope everyone has a great workout :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Five mile "ladder" run for me. Now off for a walk with my DD.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Frustrated with LEAN phase... does it get easier?
    I am on week 2 and struggling bad... I don't FEEL like I am giving 100% because I am sooo uncoordinated! I feel like I have to do a workout after my workout! :grumble:

Did anyone else feel that way?

I don't want to lose the strength I gained during the PUSH phase cause I can't lift hardly anything due to multi-tasking! :sad:
  • purple120
    Options
    BRILE - I havent started the lean phase but what is that makes you feel so uncoordinated. I'm only asking because I think I will feel the same way. These moves are new to us and our bodies are totally confused, but I guess that's the purpose of changing up the exercise and shocking our bodies. Keep at it you're halfway there. Remember you not just building strength, but changing your body. Believe me in about three weeks I might need your encourgement because when we are struggling we forget what Chalene says about muscle confusion.

It's Push 3 for me today and I'll probably do a run at the gym. I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    BRILE - I havent started the lean phase but what is that makes you feel so uncoordinated. I'm only asking because I think I will feel the same way. These moves are new to us and our bodies are totally confused, but I guess that's the purpose of changing up the exercise and shocking our bodies. Keep at it you're halfway there. Remember you not just building strength, but changing your body. Believe me in about three weeks I might need your encourgement because when we are struggling we forget what Chalene says about muscle confusion.

It's Push 3 for me today and I'll probably do a run at the gym. I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:

In the LEAN phase you are working upper and lower body with weights at the same time. The main focus is the core. So, for example... being in a runners lunge and doing rows.... bicep curls and hamstring curls....

I am having to work separate parts and try to focus on both.
    What I feel like is happening is that I will work one part more then the other and the form completely falls apart. Like doing lunges and arms... I'll focus on the arms and not have the weight distributed right in the lunge, so my legs don't fail. If that makes sense.

I really busted it out with the BURN and PUSH phase... I wouldn't say it was easy, but I felt more challenged and my body "felt it" more if that makes sense. I guess I felt more accomplished from those workouts then these ones.... :cry:
    I don't want to digress... and even though mentally I know my form falters... cause i am concentrating so hard on one part I don't realize it until I am half way done. :brokenheart:
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Frustrated with LEAN phase... does it get easier?
    I am on week 2 and struggling bad... I don't FEEL like I am giving 100% because I am sooo uncoordinated! I feel like I have to do a workout after my workout! :grumble:

Did anyone else feel that way?

I don't want to lose the strength I gained during the PUSH phase cause I can't lift hardly anything due to multi-tasking! :sad:

You could try doing the workout twice. That's what I do. I have done it for each of the phases because I felt like the 30 min of lifting wasn't enough. I did p90x before doing Chalean so I was used to lifting for an hour. Anyway, it might help you because you could "redo" all the moves the second time while they are fresh in your mind.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Kimgibbons, I never thought of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea!!! Not that I have the time to do a full, sometimes but not every time. I just thought of something...I am starting lean for life next week. Maybe I can do two circuits since I will be familiar with all the exercises. That is a great challenge!!!

Brile, first of all try to calm down and not be so frustrated...I know easier said than done. I do not think you will lose your strength if you lower your weights. Try doing that so you can focus better on both body parts. If Chalene did it so can you. Now, work on going slower, as slow as you can, that way it is still challenging with the lower weight. Another thing is that the lean phase is focusing a lot on the core so really concentrate on tightening your core and that will help you stabilize your body giving you better coordination. Or you can do what kim suggests and on one round you focus more on upper body and on the second one on lower body but definitely do not neglect the core. I hope this helps.

Teach, what is a ladder run?

I think we've lost some people. Duffy, are still around? Jess, has anyone heard from her? I hope she is ok.

I just had a little workout on the treadmill this morning. No biggie...did not have much time. Lean 3 wk 4 tomorrow or Sun morning. Then I will weigh myself and take my measurements and see how this program helped me. I did not follow her nutrition program at all but I did clean up my diet considerably.