I just don't care anymore.

Options
I gained. And I don't care. I don't care what I weigh. I don't care if I gain or lose. It just doesn't matter.

Nope. I'm not discouraged or quitting. The complete opposite. I know that the scale is not a good way to gauge my fitness. And I know that eating exercise calories works for me. And strength training absolutely ROCKS.

I've said before... how a few years ago, starting around 150#, I ate under 1000 calories a day, and got down to 130#. I wore a size 8, STILL had a muffin top, back fat rolls, and a double chin. Progress was painfully slow... usually less than a half pound a week, but I just thought I lacked discipline, had a bad metabolism, or just just not meant to be thin any more. I was thin, skinny even, for most of my life, and thought that it all caught up with me like my family always said it would.

Eating about twice that amount this time around (1350-1500 plus most of my exercise calories, averaging between 1800-2000), starting at 160#, I got down to 130# losing an average of one pound a week, even though I was aiming to lose .5# a week for the last 10# of it. I blogged about it - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/eat-more-why-very-low-calorie-sucks-201462 - including a photo of the jeans I wore then compare to the jeans I wear now, which are a size 2 or 4. My waist and hips are each about 2" smaller than I was when 130# years ago. I'm able to fit into jeans I wore in high school more than 20 years ago when I weighed 110#.

I found a photo from about 5 years ago when I was around 130#, and put it side by side to a photo taken this morning at 133#.

five-years-later.jpg

Too bad I didn't know then that I could eat twice as much and get better results. :smile:

There's no big magical mystery about why eating exercise calories work. It's math. I ate less than I burned, because I understood that my body is always burning calories, not just while I was exercising. I had enough of a calorie deficit to lose the weight I wanted to lose, and I had the right nutrition to prevent muscle loss. At 1000 calories a day, I had too large of a deficit, didn't have the right nutrition, and lost a disproportional amount of muscle, thus, I looked bigger than I do now.

After going on maintenance, increasing my strength training, getting more protein, and then recovering from an injury that kept me from exercising ( and required chocolate as medication! :laugh: ), I gained a little. Don't care. Here's me in September at 128# vs 133# now.

dots-front.jpg

Not seeing any difference. Not from the front, anyway.

dots-back.jpg

Now, there, I see a difference! A higher, rounder bum. And the jeans I bought then are too loose on me now. So I weigh more, but I'm smaller and have a cuter butt. Not going to sweat that five pounds!

And as long as I'm gloating about my butt, this is a photo that really brings it. My 27 year old butt, weighing probably about 125# vs my 39 year old butt. Seriously... who the hell ever thinks they're going to like their butt better at almost 40 than in their mid-20s?! Not to mention that I'm not sickly pale (though still pale) with dark undereye circles.

butt.jpg

Good nutrition and regular exercise. Who'da thunkit?!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Love seeing your success stories! You rock girl!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Proof is in the pictures, and yours look great!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Woman you are the BEST inspiration!!! LOVE it, numbers aren't everything fit and feel is!!!

Keep up the AMAZING work
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so much better now! Good for you!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You look great & you rock! Love the way you think and that you leanred from past dieting mistakes like me.

:flowerforyou: way to go!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You Rock! Glad to hear and see good things with proper weight-loss practices.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Im not trying to make things weird but your *kitten* looks great lol I'm sorry thats where my eyes picked up a huge difference!
  • blessmy5
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm ready to start a serious strength training program and just got NRFWL for Women. Hope I can figure it all out~ Very inspiring. Thanks for posting.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I'm kinda of going through the "number-on-the-scale-won't move" blues right now. But your pics are proof. I love to weight train but then the scale doesn't move, at least not down.

I love the pic from 1999 and now. Really put things in prespective.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'll take your butt anyday! ;)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    You are one of my motivators. Keep kicking *kitten*
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are beyond the scale at this point - and good for you! I still need it, but one day I won't either. The proof is in the way you look and feel. Great job!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    You are just a massive inspiration, that you so much for your posts!
    Your bottom looks lovely :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Believe you look thicker in the right places now than before...so no worries...
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dang!!! If that ain't motivation to work out and eat your exercise cals!! Thanks for sharing your story and your pics! They speak sooo much louder than words! Truly an inspiration!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Crystalkmoore
    Crystalkmoore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this today. Thank you so much!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!! thats what im talking about!!!!! your getting it and keep it up