I just don't care anymore.

Options

Replies

• vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You look AWESOME!
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... it can be done with a great attitude and strength training!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yep...You are so right...I have a weigh in coming and I said if I gain...if I lose...I am still winning...Thanks for that....When you are healthier and looking better and the inches are dropping...What else matters really a number...NO THANKS...
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love your don't care attitude! That's it. Your pics have inspired me. I've always done cardio and I still will but now I want to start going to the gym for strength training. I want a bum like that! lol
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I gained. And I don't care. I don't care what I weigh. I don't care if I gain or lose. It just doesn't matter.

Nope. I'm not discouraged or quitting. The complete opposite. I know that the scale is not a good way to gauge my fitness. And I know that eating exercise calories works for me. And strength training absolutely ROCKS.

I've said before... how a few years ago, starting around 150#, I ate under 1000 calories a day, and got down to 130#. I wore a size 8, STILL had a muffin top, back fat rolls, and a double chin. Progress was painfully slow... usually less than a half pound a week, but I just thought I lacked discipline, had a bad metabolism, or just just not meant to be thin any more. I was thin, skinny even, for most of my life, and thought that it all caught up with me like my family always said it would.

Eating about twice that amount this time around (1350-1500 plus most of my exercise calories, averaging between 1800-2000), starting at 160#, I got down to 130# losing an average of one pound a week, even though I was aiming to lose .5# a week for the last 10# of it. I blogged about it - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/eat-more-why-very-low-calorie-sucks-201462 - including a photo of the jeans I wore then compare to the jeans I wear now, which are a size 2 or 4. My waist and hips are each about 2" smaller than I was when 130# years ago. I'm able to fit into jeans I wore in high school more than 20 years ago when I weighed 110#.

I found a photo from about 5 years ago when I was around 130#, and put it side by side to a photo taken this morning at 133#.

five-years-later.jpg

Too bad I didn't know then that I could eat twice as much and get better results. :smile:

There's no big magical mystery about why eating exercise calories work. It's math. I ate less than I burned, because I understood that my body is always burning calories, not just while I was exercising. I had enough of a calorie deficit to lose the weight I wanted to lose, and I had the right nutrition to prevent muscle loss. At 1000 calories a day, I had too large of a deficit, didn't have the right nutrition, and lost a disproportional amount of muscle, thus, I looked bigger than I do now.

After going on maintenance, increasing my strength training, getting more protein, and then recovering from an injury that kept me from exercising ( and required chocolate as medication! :laugh: ), I gained a little. Don't care. Here's me in September at 128# vs 133# now.

dots-front.jpg

Not seeing any difference. Not from the front, anyway.

dots-back.jpg

Now, there, I see a difference! A higher, rounder bum. And the jeans I bought then are too loose on me now. So I weigh more, but I'm smaller and have a cuter butt. Not going to sweat that five pounds!

And as long as I'm gloating about my butt, this is a photo that really brings it. My 27 year old butt, weighing probably about 125# vs my 39 year old butt. Seriously... who the hell ever thinks they're going to like their butt better at almost 40 than in their mid-20s?! Not to mention that I'm not sickly pale (though still pale) with dark undereye circles.

butt.jpg

Good nutrition and regular exercise. Who'da thunkit?!

I always love seeing these pictures, you can see a difference!
  • healinghands111
    healinghands111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are SOO inspirational! Thank you soo much for sharing. I just changed my 1200 diet to 1500 thanks to you!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Thanks for this. I'm reaching my goal weight the healthy way, and once i get there if I gain some from muscle but still look great (I hope as great as you!) this will help me to not freak out about it.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I wish I had an *kitten* like yours! :smile:
  • CanCur
    CanCur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • NewMoi1
    NewMoi1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Very inspirational !
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    This article needs to be in a Teens magazine, seriously. What a superb demonstration of low weight vs. health :)
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well said. You are a testimony to eating exercise calories.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    butt.jpg

Good nutrition and regular exercise. Who'da thunkit?!
    I think your *kitten* got sucked into itself :laugh: Great job! You do look great in both the pics though. I wish more people would make posts like these so people could see this doesn't need to be some big suffer fest. I think it's hilarious how concerned people get over the scale. Did you know at higher elevations and certain places in the world you will read a lighter weight? Want to be lighter on the scale? Go to Mexico or put your scale on top of a high mountain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_of_Earth#Comparative_gravities_in_various_cities_around_the_world
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thanks for always taking pics on every angle! makes me hopeful my butt will get better in time!
  • Mssmoke27
    Mssmoke27 Posts: 12
    Options
    You look gorgeous in every photo to me. The key is ...is to be healthy. Not as far as looks. Just work out as much as you can, and eat right and yes eat more little meals a day and you will see a BIG difference. You look gorgeous though...!!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    wow...that's all I can say....wow....hello gorgeous!
  • kels228
    kels228 Posts: 7
    Options
    That is REALLY something. Absolute proof that starving yourself to lose weight isn't going to get the results you want. Even though most people believe it will. Wow, excellent post.