Best 90's bands

Options
musicstardust67
musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
Mine favorites are: Blur, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Limp bizkit, deep blue something, spin doctors, oasis, presidents of the united states of america, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, soul coughing, sublime, stone temple pilots.

Replies

• Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You have some great ones listed.. I would have to say the seattle sound with Soundgarden, Mother love bone, Pearl Jam, STP, Smashing Pumpkins plus many more
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    jesus christ, if you're going to ask for the best 90's bands, try to to name 85% of them in the first two posts.
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @Engineman312 LOL - I know right she had them off the bat...
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Like there isn't plenty of other bands in the 90's that were great? Seriously, if you're going to negative than don't respond.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry. i was just trying to be funny. please don't eat my soul.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Mine favorites are: Blur, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Limp bizkit, deep blue something, spin doctors, oasis, presidents of the united states of america, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, soul coughing, sublime, stone temple pilots.

I'd like to add Mudhoney and Dinosaur Jr to this fine list.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    AQUA!!!!!

Guess what? They're still very much alive and kicking, and touring Australia next month!

AquaTour.jpg

As all artists do, they have grown and changed, and have a new, up to date sound, and lead singer Lene has a pretty raunchy new look to go with it.

LENE1.jpg

LENE6.jpg

LENE5.jpg

Not bad for 38!!

This week, Lene was also voted Denmark's Loveliest Woman by the readers of Look & Listen magazine

LENE7.jpg

They have a new album out too!! "Megalomania" Due for Australian release on the 24th of this month!

Some tracks:
    How R U Doin?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQkNBiGpH0
    Dirty Little Pop Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lfp5aU-OgY (live concert, no video made yet)
    **** Me Like A Robot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joIYo0g7HUw (no video made yet)
    Playmate To Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ayTZi7Xjw
    My Mamma Said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2reSBdwPM&feature=relmfu

I might be on the goth/punk/alternative side now, but these guys will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. I'm even friends with them (via Facebook but they talk to me and send me free stuff so it still counts. Yes, it's their official profiles, yes they manage them themselves :P)
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Nine Inch Nails (ok they are from late 80's)
    Garbage
    Placebo

I'm trying to think of others I like but many in my head are from the late 80's.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Dont forget Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Dont forget Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Bush and the Gin Blossoms!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    AQUA!!!!!

wait. are these the people that made that Barbie song? because that made me want to hurt people every time it was on.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Pretty much nailed it
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    N' Sync and BSB!! :) lol
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Loved these guys too...

Soul Asylum
    Gin Blossoms
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Living Colour
    Babes in Toyland
    Pixies. ( I know, they're from the 80's but I listened to 'em in the 90's...does that count? :P)
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    dont forget about a little Mac Daddy and Daddy Mac......Kriss Kross...

90's on 9 is one of my favorite radio stations
  • rockinjess82
    rockinjess82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And where is the HANSON on this list ? (trying to keep a straight face!)
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hanson, Nsync, BSB, Spice Girls, Five, S Club7, Aqua and Savage Garden....I was a teeny bopper kid
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry. i was just trying to be funny. please don't eat my soul.

Haha I thought you were funny! Especially this comment.
  • xoxcuppiexox
    xoxcuppiexox Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hanson, Nsync, BSB, Spice Girls, Five, S Club7, Aqua and Savage Garden....I was a teeny bopper kid

Spice Girls! :P
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Loved these guys too...

Soul Asylum
    Gin Blossoms
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Living Colour
    Babes in Toyland
    Pixies. ( I know, they're from the 80's but I listened to 'em in the 90's...does that count? :P)

I had no idea the pixies were from the 80s, I just assumed because they sound so 90s that they were from the 90s.