Best 90's bands

Options

Replies

• dcsump2
    Options
    Nirvana=soo overrated

In your opinion. They were the break through band that revolutionized music for the decade.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Filter was great, tribute to Kurt Cobain. "hey man nice shot"

That wasn't a tribute to Kurt Cobain. It was about Budd Dywer, a PA treasurer who comitted suicide pubicly.

yep your right, just looked it up, another myth busted in the music biz. i hope you are compensated well for all of your knowledge
  • dcsump2
    Options
    Filter was great, tribute to Kurt Cobain. "hey man nice shot"

That wasn't a tribute to Kurt Cobain. It was about Budd Dywer, a PA treasurer who comitted suicide pubicly.

yep your right, just looked it up, another myth busted in the music biz. i hope you are compensated well for all of your knowledge

I don't do bad! haha!

Actually, the only reason I knew that was because I heard an interview with Filter quite a few years ago and they cleared up that "myth".
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    White Zombie & The Cult:tongue:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Nirvana=soo overrated

In your opinion. They were the break through band that revolutionized music for the decade.
    They were ONE of a number r of breakthrough bands. They werent even one of the original grunge bands. Had cobain not committed suicide, he would have never reached the godlike status he's given. He was a mediocre guitarist and singer at best. His song writing was unique, but it was unique for the time period. Grunge changed the music culture in the 90's. They alone are hardly responsible for the grunge movement.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The Cult were already popular in the 80's :wink:

White Zombie could sort of be classified 90's but they already had a following and 2 albums out before the 1990's.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Nirvana=soo overrated

They were ONE of a number r of breakthrough bands. They werent even one of the original grunge bands. Had cobain not committed suicide, he would have never reached the godlike status he's given. He was a mediocre guitarist and singer at best. His song writing was unique, but it was unique for the time period. Grunge changed the music culture in the 90's. They alone are hardly responsible for the grunge movement.

I pretty much agree with this.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    The Cult were already popular in the 80's :wink:

This.

Saw them live, albeit only a few years back, but all that mattered was that The two main pieces were there...Duffy and Atsbury. They were amazing.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Prozak. Bahahaha

Ooh and spice girls
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    and kid rock

Get in the pit and try to love someone!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Milli Vanilli and Backstreet Boys... AhhhHahaha... Sorry I couldn't say it with a straight face. I got to go with TOOL!
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    so many amazing band have already been named but i'd add vertical horizon, collective soul, the verve, rage against the machine most of my other favorites have already been named :)
  • dcsump2
    Options
    Nirvana=soo overrated

I'm not agruing with any of what you just said. If fact, I agree with most of it; however, Nirvana WAS credited as THE BAND to bring grunge/alternative mainstream. It's fact. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_(band)

So the over rated statement is a bit harsh.
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Saint Etienne
    Sleeper
    Cast
    EMF
    Pulp

If anyone wants to add and uses Spotify http://open.spotify.com/user/mikechittenden/playlist/2UxerSd13mFPGlLePZRIuZ
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Saint Etienne
    Sleeper
    Cast
    EMF
    Pulp

If anyone wants to add and uses Spotify http://open.spotify.com/user/mikechittenden/playlist/2UxerSd13mFPGlLePZRIuZ

Love Saint Etienne!
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The Wallflowers! <3
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    They suck compared to the music of the 80's and 70's. (Yes, I'm showing my age.)
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Nirvana, Blur,supergrass, The cardigans
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @sunrise611- that's okay :) i only like the band because it's BOB DYLAN's son :)
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i always loved the lemonheads!