Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I used to take ACV in pill form. Any thoughts?

As far as ACV and Coconut oil in Pill form, I don't think they benefits are the same. Then again, I am against pill form of just about everything.

Use the real thing and reap great benefits from both.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if the apple cider vinegar helps with swelling i might try it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and if my joints could feel better with just one teaspoon a day im willing to give it a try. I don't care about the whole flat tummy thing. I mean that would be an extra bonus but to not be sore would be great!

Hey there. I don't know what your daily eating habits are, but I work with several clients that have RA. They are able to control episodes of debilitating pain by using an anti-inflammatory eating plan, plus the addition of ACV and coconut oil.
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've just started taking apple cider vinegar. I've been told to get the unfiltered ACV with mother (the bacteria). It's supposed to aid in weight loss and also 'believed' (not proven) that it helps with diabetes, arthritis, and acne.

I drink mine with 2 oz. pure apple juice diluted with water and some spices.

Bump
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    bump...thanks for posting!
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curious to see if the ACV works! I just ordered a couple bottles from Puritan's Pride (raw, organic ACV). They're running a special right now where you buy 1 botttle, get 1 free for $5.99 and free shipping.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.puritan.com/apple-cider-vinegar-567/organic-apple-cider-vinegar-033771
  • gerrimckendree
    Options
    Has it cut heartburn. I really have it bad. I eat a banana with my medicine
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandmother used to drink 2 tablespoons of ACV in a 16 oz. glass of warm water every night before going to bed. It helped with her arthritis.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    got my "extra virgin" coconut oil from amazon today. i put 8 grams (a bit over a half a tablespoon) in my strawberry oatmeal. it came in solid form, but it melted in like a second once i put it in the hot oatmeal.

It seriously might be the most delcious thing ever. But then again I LOVE the flavor of coconut (and hate the texture of dry coconut).
    This tastes like the coconut syrup i used to put on pancakes.

Really hoping it helps me Hashimoto's (thyroid disease)...but i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.

NOTE: I still don't get how people can consume so much of it though. the jar says 3-4 tablespoons, but 99% of the fat is Saturated and my limit for saturated fat on MFP is 18grams....3-4 would put me at 21-28 grams of saturated fat.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curious to see if the ACV works! I just ordered a couple bottles from Puritan's Pride (raw, organic ACV). They're running a special right now where you buy 1 botttle, get 1 free for $5.99 and free shipping.

http://www.puritan.com/apple-cider-vinegar-567/organic-apple-cider-vinegar-033771

DAMN! I wish I had seen this before! I ordered Braggs and it was about $12 just for shipping!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

DAMN! I wish I had seen this before! I ordered Braggs and it was about $12 just for shipping!

Well crap...I ordered like 6 jugs of it from Amazon to get a break on the shipping...it was like $32 :/
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    I am doing the ASV, Saigon Cinnamon, and bee pollen granules right now. Two times a day. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have noticed a HUGE change in my eating habits, my stomach, and NO MORE ACID REFLUX! Also, energy levels near superhuman levels!

12oz filtered water
    1 heaping teaspoon bee pollen granules
    1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
    1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon

Stir it for 30-45 seconds and let sit for 5 minutes to give it time to dissolve some. Stir for another 30-45 seconds then drink.

Does it taste great? No. Does it taste terrible? No. All I know is next week I get my cholesterol tested. It was at 191, we will see what it is next week!

I was intrigued by your post and went to learn more about bee pollen granules. An hour and about $20 later, I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail!!!!
  • Shannon2714
    Options

Well crap...I ordered like 6 jugs of it from Amazon to get a break on the shipping...it was like $32 :/

I'm kind of pleased that I'm not the only one! LOL At least we know for next time...
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bottle of organic ACV at my local health store, let's see how it goes ;)

Also bought a bottle of organic coconut virgin oil, kind of expensive...and I can't open the bottle :X (I need muscules!)
  • Notta
    Notta Posts: 38
    Options
    The ACV does work, I lost like 70 lbs in 5 months...

Awesome !!!
  • Notta
    Options
    Once daily. 16 oz of water to 2 teaspoons of AVC and sip through a straw. My stomach looked like I was 7 months pregnant and now it's almost completely flat.

do you have pictures?
    I went to take pictures of my stomach now and my digital camera when dead. I managed to get 1 picture, my new profile picture and it shut down. I need new batteries. But I will post belly pics soon. My mother-in-law is so amazed at my before and after that she has gone to get VCO and ACV today. She has seen the 'old' me v/s the new me and has seen all the problems w/ swelling, due to neck injuries, etc. and my thyroid. Plus my weight loss which is now 13lbs.
  • Notta
    Options
    I use the virgin coconut oil on my entire body. I did my research on it. It does rev up your metabolism but I tried it for the sole benefit of my hypothyroid condition. My meds have now dropped from 50mg to 7.5 mg and the doctor says that he thinks I don't need my thyroid medicine anymore. He is amazed. I am too! The weight is falling off me and who can't be happy about that?

I'm also on thyroid meds and wondering how much VCO you use? I'm using some but not regularly, due to the calories. I know that Tosca Reno (of the Eat Clean Diet books fame & Oxygen magazine) swears by it. She takes 3 TBS daily as a "therapeutic dose" but if you're taking it as medicine, don't you still have to count the calories?

I love the taste of the VCO, take mine straight off the spoon but I warm it up in a bowl of hot water first. YUMMY!

I use it as a therapeutic dose also, 3-4 tablespoons a day. I was on 2 grains of Armour Thyroid and I am now down to a half grain. I am hoping by the end of the summer that I will be completely off the Thyroid meds all together.

You will want to work your way up with the coconut oil as if your body doesn't have the enzymes to digest it properly and you don't work your way up slowly, lets just say you will have some major digestive distress in one form or another...................

My cholesterol has also dropped significantly.
    Very true!! I am up to 4 T. a day. 2 T. in the morning, 1 before lunch, 1 before dinner. My thyroid med has dropped significantly. Down from 30mg of armour to 7.5 and going in for blood work next month.
  • Notta
    Options
    In the book, You On A Diet-Dr. Oz says first thing in the morning take a teaspoon of ACV and mix it with water and drink it. You should do this before you eat or drink anything else.

If Dr Oz recommends it then that answers my questions right there....... he knows nothing, his biggest fan and client is Oprah, last time I checked, she has not lost any weight since she has known him...

If all the supplements her recommends worked, she would be thin and healthy.
    Well, Dr. Oz can't force Oprah to take or use anything. Also, I heard she suffers from thyroid problems and as a sufferer myself, it is very difficult to lose weight. I was using this before Dr. Oz did his show recommending it. When I ran out of VCO and sent hubby to store to buy more, the cashier said they were out of stock b/c of the Dr. Oz show and wouldn't have any until late March. To each their own, all I can say it that it does WORK for me and has done wonders.