Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    ok, so I've seen different amounts to take... How many teaspoons or tablespoons of each do you take each day?
  • Notta
    Notta Posts: 38
    Options
    I place the jar in hot water to liquify (it's winter here, so it's solid due to cold) and I measure out exactly the amount I need using a measuring spoon. If you take it in solid form you are getting more b/c it's solid. I use exactly 4T. a day spread throughout the day.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Has anyone out there tried ACV in water to help lose weight?
    Also, virgin coconut oil?

I've been doing this since Feb. 14, 2012 and my stubborn belly fat is almost all gone. It has also curbed my appetite, helped with acid reflux and heart burn.

The coconut oil has seemed to stimulate my underactive thyroid as well.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has any stories to share if they have tried this or they are doing it.

Thanks!:smile:

Someone may have already mentioned this, but if you're going to use Apple Cider Vinegar, you MUST use unprocessed. Like Braggs. The processed stuff you can buy by the gallon at your grocery store will upset your alcaline levels and make you quite sick.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    A friend had suggested coconut oil for it's health benefits awhile back.....and finally decided to try it after seeing this thread... figure it can't hurt! Plus I adore the smell of Coconut ;)

Got some @ whole foods today and had it on a slice of cinnamon raisin Ezekial bread with a touch of cashew butter and cinnamon... it was tasty! :) Definatally going to try it on Sweet potatoes :) If I wind up sticking to it and seeing benefits health/weight wise I saw today on Vitacost you can get a 3.75 pound vat of it for only $20... best price from what I found looking online so far!

Going to get a seperate container to use in my hair.. and for body moisurizer... I used the little bit that was on the part you take off under the lid on my skin...and it smells and feels heavenly!

Also picked up some of the ACV ( Braggs) when I was in whole foods... sipping it now in 32 oz water with one stevia...not too bad actually..... again, can't hurt...;) It was super cheap too! A friend from HS had all SORTS of health issues...and the ACV really helped her!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good.

Id like to know about the fat grams daily from coconut oil too. Thats alot!
    got my "extra virgin" coconut oil from amazon today. i put 8 grams (a bit over a half a tablespoon) in my strawberry oatmeal. it came in solid form, but it melted in like a second once i put it in the hot oatmeal.

It seriously might be the most delcious thing ever. But then again I LOVE the flavor of coconut (and hate the texture of dry coconut).
    This tastes like the coconut syrup i used to put on pancakes.

Really hoping it helps me Hashimoto's (thyroid disease)...but i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.

NOTE: I still don't get how people can consume so much of it though. the jar says 3-4 tablespoons, but 99% of the fat is Saturated and my limit for saturated fat on MFP is 18grams....3-4 would put me at 21-28 grams of saturated fat.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Bump
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm taking ACV to hopefully help with joint pain and acne flair-ups. Has anyone experienced success regarding acne by using ACV?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I place the jar in hot water to liquify (it's winter here, so it's solid due to cold) and I measure out exactly the amount I need using a measuring spoon. If you take it in solid form you are getting more b/c it's solid. I use exactly 4T. a day spread throughout the day.

4tbsp 52grams of saturated fat...I have hashimotos thyroiditis but I don't know...my saturated fat is limited to 18 grams here on mfp...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I have had Eczema for most of my 20yrs. Flair ups in all different kinds of places at different stages in my life.

Long story short, scars on my hands left it severely darkened and scaly

Taking Braggs for a little while, sometimes straight, sometimes in water, sometimes in tea.

Hands have lightened and almost back to normal after many, many, many years!

I am HAPPY :smile:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bump -
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    just ordered the ACV and oil from puritan's...going to do a little research on the bee pollen now!

happy friday y'all...
  • njdoll
    njdoll Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Raw, unfiltered ACV also helps dissolve kidney stones. My urologist was blown away when two stones simply disappeared from my xrays two weeks after treatment (2-3 tbsp mixed in water, 2x a day)
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

4tbsp 52grams of saturated fat...I have hashimotos thyroiditis but I don't know...my saturated fat is limited to 18 grams here on mfp...

should have said 4 Tbsp HAS 52g of saturated fat
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    just ordered the ACV and oil from puritan's...going to do a little research on the bee pollen now!

happy friday y'all...

" Bee pollen may also include bee saliva." ...ew
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started reading this at work 10mins before leaving for home, and apparently I have ACV at home (Heinz brand). Can I use this, or does it have to be this Unfiltered with Mother type?

Thanks for the input.
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I soak my hair in coconut oil every Sunday night. It's great. Just drank 2 nasty tsp of ACV I use Eden organic naturally fermented raw with mother.
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I soak my hair in coconut oil every Sunday night. It's great. Just drank 2 nasty tsp of ACV I use Eden organic naturally fermented raw with mother.

Don't laugh but I keep a small bowl of Coconut oil in my kitchen cupboard and every time i open the cupboard I rub some on my 47 year old forehead wrinkles :laugh:
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Vitacost has Bragg's Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar -- 32 fl oz for $4.45 and
    Nutiva Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil -- 54 fl oz - $24.41
    Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil -- 15 fl oz - $9.00

If you are a new customer you can take $10 of any $10 purchase.

http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=90219113