What will you give up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    I am giving up...giving up! I am determined to stick to my diet!
  • handsomepaul
    Options
    Tripe, one of my least favorite foods. Might not be giving up much, but I am pretty sure I won't end up with a guilty conscience for giving in to temptation.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up candy. I have a bad habit where I eat the mini of things in excess since "they're mini, it's not as bad." haha no, still bad. M&M's and mini reese's are my biggest weakness.

I was going to keep in my Lindt Dark Chocolate 90% that eat with a snack with kettle corn on some days but was yelled at pretty much that it was still considered candy. That bummed me. It's proven healthy and I don't over indulge on it...you can't. IT's too bitter. haha
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

This year I'm between potato and bread - both things I could eat all day, every day so would definitely be a struggle, but what's the point of doing something easy?

If I gave up potato I think I would still have sweet potato... is this cheating? Also if I go for bread, I think I would still have pitta bread & tortilla wraps... What do you think?

Sweet potatoes are still potatoes and pitta bread and wraps are still bread products. It depends on how strict you want to be with those sacrifices.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    SWEETS, my problem area, too hard to resist, especially with kids around!!

:noway:
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Not giving up foods per say we are giving up watching TV many evenings and praying the rosary daily; also trying to reflect and meditate on the Passion and death of Christ.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Ended up with Coffee
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am giving up Diet Soda's...
  • mommyof3gals
    Options
    I have decided to give up coffee and tea. I LOVE my morning cup and I enjoy hot tea as a filler instead of dessert. It will be tough, but I have done it before. Good luck everyone!:happy:
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How is it going everyone? Anyone given up already ?
  • audrine
    Options
    I'm giving up BREAD (all kinds: even pita, tortillas, buns, brioche, etc.) and SODAS. It's going to be hard, as I am a self-proclaimed carb-aholic...

To make sure I don't give up too easily (and believe me I have wanted to at least 5 times already), I told my boyfriend about my plan. Keeps me honest! :wink:
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I'm giving up Bread :) Just like most of people here lol. It's my weakness, I love the outside of the bread...I just ADORE it! ugh, time to say goodbye!! Giving everything up that has bread, pita, buns, toast...everything. Should be ineteresting! Definitely will need support on this one lol
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    How is it going everyone? Anyone given up already ?

Going strong on the Daniel fast. The hunger I carry around all day reminds me of all those folk who are always hungry too. I plan on giving larger donation from the food I'm not buying. Almsgiving is a major part of Lent too.
  • Sharonda418
    Sharonda418 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This year I'm going to give up fast food to include sampling fast food that others might have. I'm also going to work very hard on my character and be a better role model and inspiration to others. BTW great topic!
  • asgard825
    Options
    Gave up coffee -- tea sucks
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    nothing...i'm not christian
  • hcw8161
    hcw8161 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet sodas.
  • asgard825
    Options
    Tea sucks
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Tea sucks

Who says you need tea? Hot water is the way to go!