What will you give up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have been debating this for a few days...I am thinking that chocolate has to go...I'd like to do cokes, too, but I have already pushed those back and have to have something to wake me up, and since I don't like coffee...With that being said, I don't even drink a whole can (or if I do, it is from the time I get to work until lunch. At lunch, I dump out whats left and recycle the can)..
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Every year I give up soda and chocolate. This year, I will be adding a new one. I will get up early three times a week to exercise. I have such a hard time getting out of bed that this one will be the most difficult of all.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Due to lack of weight loss this week - I am giving up hope for Lent...;-(

NO!! Don't give up hope!!! I have been at a plateau lately, too. Sometimes just changing up your routine will do it. But keep in mind that even if it isn't showing on the scales, it is probably showing up somewhere else- like muscle tone or losing inches.
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Every day I pedal on my exercise bike 5 miles, but for lent I will double that to 10 miles every day. :smile:
  • amanda_101306
    Options
    I will be giving up all kinds of Alchohol for lent this year. I do love my wine so this will be sad. The beer is going to be the best thing to get away from, soooo many calories consumed during a good binge lol
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious and don't really follow the catholic faith anymore (churches around here are just after your money, not your fellowship in the parish).

For me, personally, I'm going to give up being a bum on Sunday's. Especially after my long runs on Saturday, I typically get up, eat breakfast with the dogs and then go back to bed for 2-3 hours. True, that I have an autoimmune disease that makes me tired, but I can't use that as an excuse and even though my body is telling me it needs rest, I'm going to have to figure something out to keep myself going. I wind up missing an entire day that I could be enjoying.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I will be giving up all kinds of Alchohol for lent this year. I do love my wine so this will be sad. The beer is going to be the best thing to get away from, soooo many calories consumed during a good binge lol

Aw man, I'd rather dance with the Devil himself than to give up beer. Especially GOOD beer, as in, craft brews. Not all craft brews are high calorie.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Every year I try to approach Lent with the question of "What has become my default?" and attempt to tackle that (for example, eating out vs. planning meals in advance, not tracking my spending, etc.)
    So, this year I think the husband and I are going to give up television/movies and use that time in the evening for more conversation, art projects, walks...stuff like that =) Will probably each pick a challenging book to read during that time, too (something that challenges our spiritual walk). Try to shake us out of the patterns that we so easily fall into.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every year I give up soda and chocolate. This year, I will be adding a new one. I will get up early three times a week to exercise. I have such a hard time getting out of bed that this one will be the most difficult of all.

I want to add this to my list as well. I used to love my AM workouts. Once something happened to knock me out of routine, it was hard to get back to it. If I can manage it for 40 days, my routine should be back.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In the past I have given up Facebook (which was tough) and chocolate. This year I will give up alcohol and sweets, that should help me stay on track as well!!
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up chocolate and swearing. Both biggies for me. I was gonna add in margaritas. But seeing as how I've not had one in months, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. Swearing though - is gonna be even bigger than chocolate. Sad isn't it. LOL

I've given up swearing for years now. It's a hard habit to break. Whenever I would slip up and say something naughty, I would put $1 in a jar. This money then goes to the Easter offering at church. It usually ends up to be a tidy amount.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I believe my vice to be sacrificed will be chocolate.
  • runnerwithin
    Options
    i am giving up alcohol and eating out. (except i am running a half marathon in Fl this weekend so I have to eat out at some point, but that doesn't count) those are my two biggest vices when it comes to weight loss.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well............I gave up smoking last year and I already cut right down on bread as I binge on it and cant stop at one slice, so I think I wil be giving up peanut butter as I could eat the whole jar with a teaspoon given the chance!!! Also thinking biscuits and chocolate, choccy is my other trigger food...but then I wouldnt have any treats at all to look forward to! Roll on pancake day tomorrow...............LOVE IT!
  • super_star_27
    super_star_27 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think I will give up BUTTER ;)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up diet soda and my sugar free red bull. :)
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up diet soda and my sugar free red bull. :)

Never drink it so would be easy for me
  • sttrinians
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6907197
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    Due to lack of weight loss this week - I am giving up hope for Lent...;-(

Best answer!!
  • sttrinians
    Options