How do you drink your coffee?

Options
Hi all,

Until this morning I was probably drinking a cup of cream and sugar with a splash of coffee, causing a huge calorie disaster before I was even awake enough to notice!

This morning I passed on all of the cream and sweetener options and just drank my coffee black. It will definitely take some getting used to, but the calories saved just may be worth it.

I am wondering how the rest of you coffee lovers take your morning cup(s)? Thanks!

Replies

• Stephanie2167
    Options
    Fat Free French Vanilla CoffeeMate.
  • littleaprilina
    Options
    I dunk a peppermint tea bag into the coffee and then add some Diet Hot Cocoa & about 3 packets of Truvia. It makes a really yummy peppermint chocolate coffee thing lol.
    I also will use creamer if I don't want the peppermint chocolate thing but I measure it out using tablespoons. I usually will put in 2 tablespoons and then add Truvia.
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I drink black and ice cold. I don't particularly like the taste, it definitely took some getting used to, but since it is cold it is easier to drink quickly.
  • sambee7
    Options
    Black and sometimes with a splash of skim milk.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I still do cream and Stevia just not as much cream.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    bump :huh:
  • mofireman
    Options
    I also use a Fat Free creamer and about 1 to 1.5 tsp of truvia sweetener. My coffee cup holds probably 16 ozs of coffee, so it's larger than a standard coffee mug. Not drinking soda right now, but not ready to give up my coffee....
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    At first I would put a splash of some non fat or sugar free creamer in it (after I tried really hard to go with a splash of half and half and nothing else---gross), but then I kinda decided I'd rather make room for some extra calories than drink chemicals. I put a splash of half and half, a drop or 2 of pure vanilla extract, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and about 1/8 of a teaspoon of pure agave nectar. DELICIOUS! I've got my little set up right next to my Keurig and it makes for one tasty cup of coffee :)
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and a Splenda!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was on a diet in my teens that allowed as much coffee and tea as I wanted, as long as I didn't user cream or sugar. I got so used to black coffee that I can't hack the taste of anything in my coffee (or iced tea) now. I get some pretty weird looks at Starbucks when I ask for a large black drip coffee with no room for cream. :drinker:
  • cantwaittobe
    Options
    Black! It took some getting used to, but now I can have my caffeine without a ton of calories!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    1) Get boiling water in cup
    2) Add a splash of skimmed milk
    3) Add 1 half cal sugar.
    4) Vaguely wave a coffee bean it it's direction.
    5) Stir
    6) Profit :D
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking my morning coffee black & I still do. I love it with half & half, but skip it because of the calories. If I am having coffee at Starbucks, I do add cream though - it's too strong to drink black!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Forget sugar use stevia it taste great, not the kind that you get from the store you need to get Nustevia you can get it from i herb and it has nothing in it but the stevia plant unlike the grocery bands. It's natural and has no calories, check it out I've used it for years.
  • ladyhawkgg
    Options
    I drink it black and without anything in it. It was a change a long time ago. I used milk and just kept cutting the milk or cream down. You can do the same it don't take that long to do. Just go slow and you will be able to drink it without all that in there too. Good luck. Switch it up one day less sugar and then less cream another. Now if i even taste it with all that in it I wonder where is the coffee.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    in a cup
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One Splenda and a few tablespoons of Land O Lakes Low Fat Half & Half. Coffee is my one thing - I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do bad things. But I need my coffee. This way it still tastes sweet and light but without all the damage.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Black and plenty of it! Ocassionally I splurge on a skim latte.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Non-fat latte or straight up espresso.

Yum yum
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    a pinch of sugar and a drop of milk...just enough to remove the bitterness