How do you drink your coffee?

Options

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I don't do black coffee. I use a big mug when I drink (maybe 2 cups or less) but I use 3 tbsp of flavored creamer. I burn more than enough calories in my workout, so I don't worry too much about that. I do have a small breakfast as well- 2 slices of bread with 1.5 tbsp PB and cinnamon.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    2 mini moo creamers and 1 packet of equal.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I put pumpkin pie spices in my coffee grounds (ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, ground nutmeg) and then add a splash of skim milk after it's brewed. Tastes sort of like a pumpkin spice latte, but not nearly as sweet. I don't like the sweetness of coffee drinks at coffee shops.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Generally: I drink a latte or cappuccino with 2% *sometimes I'll just have whole for a cappuccino if it is less than 8 oz.

Coffee: at a cafe I'll just use whole milk and 1-2 teaspoon of sugar. I dink coffee a few times a week, and only one cup at a time (maybe 2 on a really weird day) so I just consider it a splurge.

A 2% latte is only about 150 calories. An 8 oz cap is 90 calories.

I drink tea at home with almond milk and stevia. I don't really like stevia in coffee.
  • mamacita77
    Options
    I add 4ozs of fat free lactaid milk, 3 packets of truvia and fill up my 12oz mug with coffee...all for 45 calories and the taste is good. I brew a 4 cup coffee with 2 leveled pack coffee grinds. The coffee I use is Hazelnut flavored Seattle's Best.
  • Danielle_Star
    Options
    I drink both cold and hot coffee with 1 TSB of flavored creamer only 35 calories more
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    no sugar or sweetener with a drop skim milk, if it looks like mud/dirt then it's right for me !!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk and a fake sweetner packet. On the weekends sometimes, I will treat myself to a teaspoon of flavored creamer.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that tells me "once you've gone black, you'll never go back..."

The jury is still out on that one, but I'm reducing the milk content daily so wish me luck!:drinker:
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Out of a coffee cup. . . .

But serious, it varies. Sometimes black, sometimes with sugar, if it is a bad cup of coffee I'll sometimes add creamer, but not very often.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Sweet and light! I just make sure to have my daily calories added up for it and measure it out but I would love to be able to enjoy coffee black.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I used to drink mine with half a cup of milk/half coffee and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Now, I drink it with a splash of 1%milk, no sugar. I'm trying to transition into drinking black coffee. When you drink it so sweet for so long, it's hard to eliminate sugar and milk all at once.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use just a bit of creamer. I used to use powdered creamer and a Splenda, but now just use the dairy creamer (International or Coffeemate from the milk section in the grocery). It's sweet enough on its own and with 1 Keurig cup + 1 Tbsp creamer it's under 40 calories.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Sugar free coffee mate sweetener, it has less calories than fat free. Then I use Pure Via for sweetener.
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1 tbs powder Coffee Mate and 1 pkt Splenda Flavors for Coffee-French Vanilla = 32 cals. I tried drinking it black but just couldn't enjoy it, lol, so I feel that 32 cals is an acceptable compromise =)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    At home, black. With milk or peppermint oil if I feel adventurous. If I go out, I will get a crazy sugary latte thing, even with nonfat/no whip it's still an indulgent treat.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Like you, I was amazed when I actually measured my creamer!! Now, I use 1 tablespoon of sugar-free creamer, a big dash of cinnamon and a packet of Splenda hazelnut sweetener - and most days just have 1 cup. It tastes pretty darn good and a lot less calories and I'm actually tasting coffee now instead of all creamer! LOL.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If I'm getting coffee at Tim Horton's or a coffee place I just add 1% milk. When I make my coffee at home I usually roll with unsweetened almond milk. When I make iced coffee I usually use almond milk & a packet of stevia. My tastebuds have really adjusted to black or unsweetened coffee though which is definitely a nice calorie saver.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    - coffee + tea bag 2 sugars and milk = oooh yeaaah
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    BLACK, if fresh. If it's been sitting around a bit and is bitter, then some sugar and cream to take the edge off.