How do you drink your coffee?

Options

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    Options
    I have gotten used to drinking it black. Before I would use a little flavored creamer and just slowly weaned myself off it.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    try it black mixed with a vanilla protein shake - calories are about the same as with milk and sugar but better for you - i count it as a snack.
  • lozzae85
    Options
    Fresh brewed coffee with skimmed milk if I'm at home. At work I just use instant and have it black. it saves on calories I also drink about 4-5 cups of grean or peppermint tea through the day too.
  • spagerose
    spagerose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to use the International Coffee Creamer Sweet I talian Cream but found it to be expensive, calorically speaking. Now I measure 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of Fat Free Half and Half. Only 100 calories. :-)
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Black with splenda
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    black - double espresso (ristretto) or a double americano
    with milk - occasionally a latte minimum two shots (small/tall size) no sweetener or sugars
    every once in a while a double or triple tall one pump sugar free vanilla non fat latte

I work for a coffee company, I can't help it.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    To avoid making myself feel like I'm on a diet..I drink my coffee the way I like it and I make it fit into my calorie budget.

Light cream
    1 packet of splenda

Heaven
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    8 oz. coffee, 1/2 tbsp cream, i splenda packet. 12 cals, 1 carb, 1 fat, 8 sodium, 0 sugars
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with 1/4 cup 2% milk and 2 tsp. of sugar. This morning I did pour 1 cup of milk and poured half of it in my coffee, the rest in my oatmeal. I don't drink milk usually so this is how I help get my dairy in for the day.
  • rotorgrl
    rotorgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At first I would put a splash of some non fat or sugar free creamer in it (after I tried really hard to go with a splash of half and half and nothing else---gross), but then I kinda decided I'd rather make room for some extra calories than drink chemicals. I put a splash of half and half, a drop or 2 of pure vanilla extract, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and about 1/8 of a teaspoon of pure agave nectar. DELICIOUS! I've got my little set up right next to my Keurig and it makes for one tasty cup of coffee :)
    That's almost exactly how I drink mine! 1/2 & 1/2, pure vanilla, cinnamon, truvia/ideal Today I'm buying Agave nectar. I tried black with vanilla & cinnamon very hard to drink and too big of a change, too quickly.
  • kmfolkins
    Options
    Splash of 2% milk
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    With a 1 pack of diet hot cocoa--yummy (only 25 cals a pack):drinker:
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1/8 of a cup of 1% milk and 1 packet of sweet n low. I used to be a 2 cream 2 sugar girl, but now that I have a Keurig and we buy Folgers Black Silk k-cups i find i dont need all that because the coffee itself is delicious. Come to think of it, i bet i could drink it black if i needed to :)
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1 milk 1 splenda
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it black for years, love it, can't stand coffee with milk!!!!
  • DaveMXF
    Options
    I take it black.

Haven't used cream or sugar in a long time.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I prefer to grind my beans and then partake of the nectar of the gods in it's natural state...black.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you dont drink it black, you are best off using 1-2 tbs of heavy cream. this has the least impact on insulin levels and will actually help you lose fat. sounds counter intuitive, but its science! I have also personally seen results with just this change.
  • m615dan
    Options
    I put a stick of cinnamon in it and let it soak for a few min. Then add a little skim milk. No more unhealthy sweeteners.
  • The first thing I did was cut back to only 1 (12 oz) cup per day! (except on really crazy days!) I was drinking my coffee w/ 4 tsp sugar and 2 tsp powdered creamer - 80 cals/cup. I switched to using International Delight single servings (30 cals each) and was able to cut down to 1 tsp sugar - 45 total cals/cup until that first pack was gone (about 3 weeks). Now I'm having it w 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp powdered creamer - 40 cals/cup. Even tho that's 1/2 of what I started with (well, more than that if you consider I used to have an average of 3 cups per day!), it doesn't seem like many calories saved, but those 40 cals are better worked in somewhere else in the day! Most days I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, but already I can't drink it as sweet as before. I've heard most people say that it takes gettting used to, but you get there. :) I also saw a lot of ppl in a previous post say they sprinkle cinnamon in it and don't need the sweet taste then - but that did NOT work for me! LOL!