Body Fat Percentage Calculator

Options

Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You have 31.9% body fat.

You have 73.4 Pounds of fat and 156.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
    interesting because I want to lose like 81 more pounds...
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't believe either of those sites is accurate.

My Omron HBF-306C says I am at 38.6 body fat.

On the healthcentral.com website from the original post:

You have 26% body fat.
    You have 50.2 Pounds of fat and 142.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

On the fat2fitradio.com website:

Here's the information that you entered:
    • Sex: female
    • Weight: 193.2 pounds
    • Wrist: 6.75 inches
    • Waist: 42 inches
    • Hip: 42 inches
    • Forearm: 11 inches

Based on this information, you have a lean body mass of 140.3 pounds. Your lean body mass includes everything in your body that's not fat. Now that we know your lean body mass, let's find out how much fat you're carrying around. We'll subtract your lean body mass from your weight and find you currently have 52.9 pounds of fat on your body.

Your body fat percentage is 27.4%.

You currently weigh 193.2 pounds with a body fat percentage of 27.4%. You would like to have a body fat percentage of 20%.

Based on this information, your goal body weight should be:
    175 pounds
    This would put me at 28.2 BMI which is still overweight.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Did mine on a scales in town today - the hold the metal handles type - and got 41%

On this online calc it says 33%

I prefer the online but will just keep weighing in on the scale to see the numbers decrease! :laugh:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I don't believe either of those sites is accurate.

My Omron HBF-306C says I am at 38.6 body fat.

On the healthcentral.com website from the original post:

You have 26% body fat.
    You have 50.2 Pounds of fat and 142.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

On the fat2fitradio.com website:

Here's the information that you entered:
    • Sex: female
    • Weight: 193.2 pounds
    • Wrist: 6.75 inches
    • Waist: 42 inches
    • Hip: 42 inches
    • Forearm: 11 inches

Based on this information, you have a lean body mass of 140.3 pounds. Your lean body mass includes everything in your body that's not fat. Now that we know your lean body mass, let's find out how much fat you're carrying around. We'll subtract your lean body mass from your weight and find you currently have 52.9 pounds of fat on your body.

Your body fat percentage is 27.4%.

You currently weigh 193.2 pounds with a body fat percentage of 27.4%. You would like to have a body fat percentage of 20%.

Based on this information, your goal body weight should be:
    175 pounds
    This would put me at 28.2 BMI which is still overweight.

It didn't ask me for forearm - only one I can spot different is it asked me for thigh (at widest part).
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think this is my fav body fat website so far. This one says 12.4% body fat.

Scientificpsychic said 22.5%
    healthy forums said 27%
    Freedieting said 19.7%
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    It seems I'm in the minority too. The result I got was close to the caliper test, only 1.5 percent lower.

It seems to have a lot to do with hip measurement. My result changed drastically as I played with the hip measurement numbers.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump-ity bump
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Oooh! I like this one, it doesn't tell me I have 33% body fat! lol

I got 21% That's more like it!
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump for keeps
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Met a new friend last night, and we started talking. He lamented that there was no way he could be 37% body fat. So I hauled myself out of bed and googled. (gosh, I love google!)

Did said friend you met last night climb out of the bed with you to Google? Or did he just lay there and wait for you to get back? If it's the second one, you should go find a new friend tonight.

Since I am so fond of lists:
    1. You don't know me, your insinuations are very rude and unwelcome.
    2. Read what it says.
    3. If I did choose to invite someone over (which is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS), and they happened to make it to my bed (WHICH IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS) then we most certainly would Have already gotten the details of our lives and interests out of the way and would be otherwise occupied.
    4. You are a perv, and my mind certainly was not there since it was a friend (PLATONIC)
    5. This was posted under fitness/exercise, not chit-chat.
    6. You should get a life instead of reading into other people's lives.

:noway: :angry: :noway:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Ha! Mine says I'm 20% body fat. I didn't guesstimate any measurements either. I'm thinking this may not be all that accurate. Maybe it's just because I'm very short.

Edit to add: I've never had my body fat correctly measured, but other online calculators tell me 25-28% (within normal range), which I believe more than this. There is no way that I'm underweight.
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    31%...wondering if I measured correctly!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    This says I only have 24% fat while all others say I am at 34%. I find it hard to believe that I only have 24%.

I noticed there were no waist measurements, I carry most of my weight in my stomach.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I guesstimated and then used a ribbon, ruler and Sharpie (for now, while I'm at work, wit hno measuring tape!) but will re-do when I get home and can be much more accurate. So, my guesstimate said 19.5% and the other web-site I used said 20.8%.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Pretty cool, but I can't wait to get home and do REAL measurements and see how much it changes... Thanks Tracy!!

I wasn't too far off with my ribbon and ruler.

Your Results

You have 19% body fat.

You have 23.8 Pounds of fat and 101.2 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
    Options
    I guesstimated and then used a ribbon, ruler and Sharpie (for now, while I'm at work, wit hno measuring tape!)

Love this! You are the McGuiver of fitness!

I'd love to take credit, but a friend on here actually suggested it.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    This calculator is awesome, because it does incorporate more measurements, HOWEVER...

It told me

You have 20.7% body fat.

You have 35 Pounds of fat and 134 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Thats totally wrong. If my weight weren't carried in my butt and belly! I have a chubby midsection... and that calculator didn't take my midsection into account.

At least that tells me what will happen if all my measurements everywhere else stayed the same, and I lost my gut! ha!
    Options
    Met a new friend last night, and we started talking. He lamented that there was no way he could be 37% body fat. So I hauled myself out of bed and googled. (gosh, I love google!)
    This is what I found.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html?ic=2202

Please tell me what you think, and for the love of fitness and nutrition, please use actual measurements. Guesstimating isn't accurate.

(by the way, mine said 19.2, rounding up to 19.8% for operator error, this is about where I I thought I was based on how I look and feel)

Did said friend you met last night climb out of the bed with you to Google? Or did he just lay there and wait for you to get back? If it's the second one, you should go find a new friend tonight.

this was uncalled for, G.
  • SarahO1990
    Options
    Bump