When someone calls you "woman"

Options
12345679»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    This thread sort of reminds me of a saying I heard, "In New York, they say "F*** you" and mean "Have a nice day!" but in California, they say "Have a nice day!" and mean "F*** you".
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    This thread sort of reminds me of a saying I heard, "In New York, they say "F*** you" and mean "Have a nice day!" but in California, they say "Have a nice day!" and mean "F*** you".

yes!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

This.. love it... Im from Iowa.. when we say Have a nice day.. we mean Have a nice day.. When we say f*** you.. we really mean f*** you... crazy how that works.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    OK, so....don't leave me hanging. When I travel in the northern or western states, what is the term I should use if I don't have a name and am addressing a woman? Skimming this thread, it would appear that "Babe," "Honey," or "Woman" isn't likely to get me a positive response.

I would use Sugar Tits... that is a for sure way to go...:bigsmile:

Wow......I am SO getting enlightened here. It's like being introduced to a whole new world.

Only trying to help

And it is much appreciated! :

I am originally from the north (Alaska), but have lived in the south for over 10 years and I will admit it does kind of make me feel weird if someone that is my age or older calls me ma'am. However, I understand and know that they are southern and that is just how they were taught. My boyfriend has lived in the south his entire life and he says yes ma'am, no ma'am, etc. too. I seriously wouldn't worry about it. If a person is too ignorant to realize that everyone in the south does this and it is in no way disrespectful then they need to get a clue.
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Woman!
    Whoa, man.
    WooooohooohhooooMAN!
    She was a thief, you gotta believe
    She stole my heart and my cat...

So I Married an Ax-Murder! I love that movie!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like when someone calls me a woman. Means a lot. It's empowering to be called a woman instead of a girl. Women are stronger than the average girl in many ways.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that there is probably nothing a person could call the female version of the human species without the possibility of offending said female version.

Being a man is so much easier sometimes. :tongue:
    Agreed.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

This.. love it... Im from Iowa.. when we say Have a nice day.. we mean Have a nice day.. When we say f*** you.. we really mean f*** you... crazy how that works.

Where I'm from, when we say "Bless her heart," we mean, "Poor thing can't help she's a slut."
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    7asgyx4
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I tried this last night... first with "Hey! Woman! Get over here!" when I didnt like the response from that, I tried a "Sugar tits", and "ay yo girl".. did not go well.

I DID however learn what to call her. So for future reference, if a female cop pulls you over, you're not supposed to call her anything except "officer".
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Where I'm from, when we say "Bless her heart," we mean, "Poor thing can't help she's a slut."

I always found "Bless her heart" to quite derogatory, for that exact reason.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's really a hot button for me. Excuse me, I have a name! I used to have a male co-worker who would call me "woman" because he knew it would tick me off. Then he would change it to "Betty woman".
  • angied80
    Options

I just laughed out loud!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

I just laughed out loud!

bless your heart <3
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    "Woman" is not an insult. I am proud to be a woman! WOMEN ROCK!

But don't call me "B****h". :noway: That word will then have a WHOLE new meaning by the time I'm through with you.

^THIS^
    My ex used to call me that & a few other choice names when he was pissed at me, then again, he was just an abusive ***hole too.
    So calling me that will have me "zero to B**** in 2.5 seconds!"
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I call my mother "Woman" ....

She likes it.
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    i kinda like when someone calls me woman...lol.
    I guess thats the freak in me..kinda feels like a demanding word. & i like when the guy takes control & bosses me around sometimes! :ohwell:
  • angied80
    Options

I just laughed out loud!

bless your heart <3

Oh bless your heart as well!!!! Your lucky I seen this now. If I woulda seen it before our date, that we ended up not going on. I would have left the hookers and blow at home, or atleast only brought enough for myself :flowerforyou: