Sixers Spring Into Summer - Week 4

Options
12346»

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not only did I feel amazing during the race and made it to km 8 before I really started feeling the pressure, I finished in UNDER AN HOUR with no proper training or preparation. So ladies, I'm about to register myself for the half marathon on October 11th. :noway: :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Good Afternoon Sixers!!! I woke up this morning exactly 30 mins before Dylan's bath appointment at pet smart. LOL, I had just enough time to shower, wash hair, put on workout clothes and grab his shot records!!! So while he was getting a lovely bath and nail trim, I decided to put on my Ipod and walk. I walked for 35 mins in the Target parking lot, looking like a crazy lady I'm sure. LOL, but I'll be looking great this summer, so I don't mind looking crazy sometimes. It was 87degrees and I was walking as fast as I could. Doing each row twice and then when I got back to my car, Dylan was ready. I felt like a great multitasker. Now, the shopper bone in me said, just browse around a few stores but I let FITNESS win!!! YAY, now I'm off to go grocery shopping for the week, with a meal plan from one of my sites and I can't wait to eat well this week. I'm ready. Can you believe April is almost over!! Where does the time go. LOL. Love ya all.

Cathy- Hope you are doing well. Best wishes!!!

Rhiannon- I hope the race is going great. You will be so proud of yourself. One foot in front of the other. Go GIRLIE!!!

Tiff- WOW, you did great today! Always making time for fitness, you keep me motivated. Good luck studying.

Lauryn- How are you adjusting..... I hope you are doing great. How is the journal helping?

Take care,

Tamm:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    congrats pedal...
    drtamm...i am ok. just buming today after church, and eating tooooo many cookies.

later :heart:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Pedal Hound!! WOW! under an hour! you are WONDERFUL!!!!

Hey Everyone! Studying hard. Will be M.i.A. probably til wed. Must do well on test! :-) Bye!!!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Tamm! Congrats on using your time wisely!! I know you can do this! I'm so proud of you:smooched:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    WARNING: This is going to be a long long post... So if you're busy you prob won't be able to read it all! .... but I wrote a list of my rules. And wanted to post it here... lol. hope you don't mind. Might me typo's I'm studying and rushed it!

GONABFIT's Random Tips for success:
    *These are really to remind me of what I am going to do to succeed!!! *
    1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
    2. Focus more on your blessings than your disapointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
    3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
    4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
    5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
    6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
    7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
    8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
    9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
    10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
    11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
    12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
    13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!

*Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    TIFF!!! THANK YOU! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    tiff.....this is great, you should repost it in the general section. if you don't want to i will copy and repost. such great advice.

thanks
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    TIFF!!! THANK YOU!
    tiff.....this is great, you should repost it in the general section. if you don't want to i will copy and repost. such great advice.
    thanks

I agree!! AWESOME stuff Tiff, thank you!! Repost in the general section. Worth the read, so uplifting and encouraging!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Happy Monday!:flowerforyou:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Awww Thanks guys! :flowerforyou: I will post in the general area... :-) Oh and I added one more.

-There is no tomorrow- Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy// workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal..... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!

Sun: 20 min treadmill 15 min bike, 15 min strength training, 30 min Jillian Micheals SHRED

Wish me luck ladies! I'm in crunch mode!:noway: 2 days til test.

Mon: Oh I woke up and did 30 mins DAY 2 Jillian Micheals and 30 mins Taebo :-) Now I'm in Library studying all day !!! YAY! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :smooched:

Happy Monday to you!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had wonderful weekends, Pedal congrats on the race!!!! that is wonderful!

I really am not feeling up to much today.. so I will do personals later. just know everyone that <3 you all and hope you are continuing your weight loss journeys!

Redsox-- I am terribly sorry I havent been around for your daily check ins.. I truly hope things are going well.

<3
    B
  • PedalHound
    Options
    B, chin up. This is tough but you're tougher. Not to say you can't have your down times too but we're here for you :flowerforyou:

SOOOOO, I just registered for the 1/2 marathon. I'm so excited, can't believe it, totally nervous, feel like I'm crazy, and know I'm going to give it my best shot. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Pedal Hound! Congrats on the registration! I remember when i took that leap to 1/2 marathon... I hadn't been running for very long... YOU WILL DO GREAT! Races are sooo exciting. AND that medal you get at the end doesn't hurt either!!! I'm doing a 1/2 in September!

You'll be doing marathons soon! But hopefully you will train for yours... unlike me. :explode: I ran it without serious training due to time restraints :noway: and though I finished!! !YAY!!! it wasn't that enjoyable! But maybe 26.2 miles is never enjoyable... LOL.

Either way... once you finish any race it's the GREATEST feeling ever! :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    HI!!!!!!!

i'm alive....just crazy busy with papers and stuff. be back later for a study break! Haven't been feeling well lately either and haven't been able to figure out what it is so weigh in should be interesting tomorrow.

love you all!
    :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Tiff, my day dream is to have big success in this training and feel comfortable with the 1/2 so that I could consider training for the full marathon for NEXT year. I'll turn 30 about a week before the race next year and I think celebrating that with my first marathon would be AMAZING!

AmyLou, take it easy and stay well! No fair having colds in nice weather! :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    see new thread :happy: