5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Aiming for around 135lbs. I'm quite a small frame and 150lb (my highest) doesn't look great on me at all.

I've been 130lbs before, felt that was good weight for me, but the lowest I could go really. I've added a bit more muscle since then, so upped the goal.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    5'8 3/4 here, and i was aiming for 125 but i'm switching to maintenance at 128. my body just won't do 125, i've been trying for 2 months.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5'8" and medium frame here. I seemed to maintain quite easily at ~160 (before things went to hell and I put on 40 pounds). After I reach my next mini-goals of 170 and 160, I'd like to get down to ~150. More than that, though, I think I'd look haggard.
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight would have to be around 160 because I look too skinny at 155. I don't like to look like a bone. At 155 my waist was 24 and my hips were 34. My doctors could not believe that I weighed that much because my bones were protruding out of my ribs and hips. I do have a bigger frame and it runs in my family. We are heavier than we look.

This is exactly like me. I started at 189 and am now 179, hoping to get down to 160. I once lost way too much and ended up around 134. I seriously looked so ill and people wouldn't believe I was in the healthy BMI range. I'm just aiming to be in the middle range BMI and much more toned.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    154lbs. My normal is around 160 to be honest and I look good at that but my ultimate goal is 154.
  • camiann585
    camiann585 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is such an interesting read! It shows how different we all are! :)
  • mia63
    mia63 Posts: 29
    Options
    Im 5'8" and started MFP at 238 ugh, my current weight is 210. My goal is 140 lbs that puts me in the middle of the healthy weight chart . That way I have a 5 lb gain and loss to play with for holidays and vacations. When I was in HS I weighed 125 lbs But Im not trying to go there lol. So 140 would be ideal.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am a smidge under 5'8" and pear shaped. I reached my initial goal of 145 and this is where I am going to stay. I am now a size 6/8 (US) and feel healthy and strong. I started at 175 and chose this goal weight because I remember being at this weight in college and being happy with my body.
  • wrinklesnrolls
    wrinklesnrolls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    36 yrs old and 5'8- would love to weigh 160, i was down to 156 3 yrs ago and looked amazing! so not sure why im back up to 200! :(
    right now 175 is in my sites, then on to 160 by June-July
  • leslievp
    leslievp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is interesting how different we are. Not just weight, but the sizes too. No wonder women go crazy over sizes!!!

For me, (5' 8" exactly) a size 6 means 128 lbs (I was that in my 20s, but it was too thin, I was anemic). Now I am striving for a comfortable size 8, which is about 137lbs. I am currently in the 140s. If I did no dieting my body settles at 150lbs, which is a size 10 on me. Perfectly healthy, nice boobs (!!), but I really like the way I look and feel at a size 8, so cracking the 130s is my goal... the last 5-10 lbs are killer. I'll let myself go up a size when I turn 50... not too far away.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 155 but my goal is 130. My weight has fluctuated within the "healthy" BMI range but it's a big range, and I definitely feel different at the low end than the high end. Typically at 135 I feel thin, at 145 I feel normal and at 155 I feel big.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Depending on your body frame.. i think 140-160 is Ideal..

If i make it to 150 i'll be over the moon.
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently at 189lbs. My ideal weight would be around 130 - 140lbs :)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    135-140. However, rather than focusing on the number on the scale, my focus is on lowering my body fat % and being toned.
  • laurenthomas91
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my ideal weight is 124lbs but I am struggling to get there, currently stuck at 129lbs.

Mainly aiming to just stay at a consistent weight though, once I have hit a goal I don't ever want to go over it again.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    My initial goal right now is 150 lbs. I've never been down that low, and I have a bigger bone structure, so I don't know if it's realistic or not, but we'll see.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'8 and currently 141 which I am pretty happy with. Ultimately I would like to get down to around 136 just so I have a bit of leeway. Currently a UK size 12 which I am happy with, seems about right for my height :)
  • MindyWhitten
    Options
    I am 5' 8 1/2" . Before twins, I was 135-138 and really liked that. Anything less starts to look too skinny and like I only worry about my weight. After twins, I have been stuck at 150 but am working to get back to 138.... currently at 148! Ya!

I was 125 in high school and had NO boobs or any other curves...way too small for me.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and I'm aiming for 165...at least initially. It's the weight my dr recommended for me and I honestly can't imagine myself lower than this. However, I've always been really overweight, so I have no idea what I'll look like when I get there. Can't wait to find out though. :) If necessary I'll adjust my goal then.