5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• doublezizzle
    doublezizzle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body type! And BMI Calculators are one size fits all...not very helpful. The best thing to do is to get a body composition test. I just got one today and boy, it's a real eye opener! They broke down my weight into body fat, skeletal muscle mass and water. So now, I know exactly how much fat I have on my body...and I can calculate to what I think is an achievable body fat %! I thought I would be okay at 175 or so, but if i want to get down to a 23-25% range, I really need to be more around 150-155 range.

Hope that helps!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 3/4 as well! haha! My goal is to be between 145-155 :) I started at 250+ and am currently at 175.8 :)
  • kaewsk
    Options
    I think I'm gonna make it 155. damn, i hate being tall.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 138 lbs. My original goal weight was 160 but I looked heavy so I went down to 150 and still didn't like that. I would like to stick right around 140. At this time I'm getting more into the weight training so I will probably gain with the muscle growth. My husband and I went a couple of month ago to a local college and had our body composition done and I was at 19% body fat and 114 lbs lean mass.
  • cvickie
    Options
    I am 5'8 nearly 5'9 and I weigh 187 right now but my ideal weight goal is 160. Being tall actually helps with my weight, height helps to carry it a little better (in my opinion).
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was happiest at 160, but after 3 kids (and being 33) I'll be happy at 170. Highest point I was 201, now down to 185. Below 160 my head looks too big, lol.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I haven't been below 200lbs in a LONG time. I have a large frame--very stocky body. My goal weight is to JUST be below 200lbs...My ideal would be to get to 185, but it's a struggle for me to get below 200... I strength train, so I build up muscle quickly, but I'm losing inches. To most people, they say I look about 175-180... So I deal with it. I'm a fitting size 12 (pant and dresses). I'm working on losing inches to squeeze into a 10. I don't want to be too skinny though. I've always liked my curvy shaped figure (toned thighs and rounded butt).
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Right now my goal is 155, but the closest I've been to that is 161. Several times I've hit 161 then bounced up a bit, so maybe my body wants me at 160. I'd be thrilled to get into the 150s more for the accomplishment of knowing I worked that hard, but realistically I'll feel great around 160 and being active and strong. I carry my weight in my legs and butt, so if I can look good in a knee length skirt I feel great about that.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and most comfortable between 145 - 150. Less than that is a struggle to maintain. More than that is a struggle to zip!
  • doylej2
    doylej2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and 5'8, currently at 165ish. I still have a pretty big tummy and flabby arms and thighs. Maybe I have a smaller bone structure. I'm hoping that 150 lbs will be right for me.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140 but I'm actually quite happy at my current weight which is 146. I could probably get down to 135 but it would be really hard and maintaining almost impossible.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Whatever weight means I'm toned and healthy and look awesome in my goal Bikini I bought. :)
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I had my baby boy about 2 months ago; before my pregnancy I was 130 to 135 the most. I gained about 50 pounds with my son. After a while I came down to 155 and I started going to the gym now I'm 150. My goal is 130 again and then to build muscle. So I guess for me it's 130.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    I am 5'6 but barely under 5'7 and I am aiming for 155, which is the top of my suggested healthy weight but my doctor said I should be 145.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal. I would like to stay between 130 and 135.
  • w292737
    Options
    I look and feel GOOD at 155. I look and feel GREAT at 140 :)
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was around 164 because, that would put me into the "normal" BMI range, but I think I'd like to get to 150 and see how I look and feel when I get there.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 nearly 5'9 and I weigh 187 right now but my ideal weight goal is 160. Being tall actually helps with my weight, height helps to carry it a little better (in my opinion).

I totally agree! We can hide 5 lbs a lot easier than some little petite thing. :wink:
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and 39 yo. When I was in my early 20s and on a hockey team and before any pregnancies, I hovered around 152 and that looked great. I started MFP at 163 [after three kids] last fall and am now at 153-ish and sort of plateaued. I would love to be around 150 b/c I have less muscle now and I think that would look good, but honestly if I stay at 153 I will be ok with that. Once as a teen I got sick and was in the 140's and that was much too thin on 5'8.5" for my frame.
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    I'd like to be 140... but really I'm just aiming to fit into a UK size 10! When that happens I'll stick to that :)