5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd be good at 150... haven't been that weight... well.... ever! I was about 170 in college, and I felt great at that weight.
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I was 120-125 and remember being devastated that I broke 130. I was up around 150 when I decided to make a change.

Now that I've been working out consistently for over a month, I realize I'm not losing a lot but definitely defining muscle. I'd like to get back into the 130s (130-135 would be great) but my main goal is to tone and be fit.

Though I wouldn't say no to wearing my holey jeans from high school again ;) Just gotta trim the thighs down a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight is 133 (ish give or take a pound or two).
    My goal weight is 125.
    But I'm around 142 now (not weigh in day yet)

I have never been less than 133 so I'm curious how I'm going to look at 125, if I can actually get there. Because my body is fighting me for every pound now a days. I have longer bones for my height. ( that sounds weird but it's true). Tall and Lanky yep that's me!

14370796.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • taniahermann
    taniahermann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 5'9", my goal weight I decided sounded right was 138. When I met with a personal trainer, they advised 141 would be ideal. I will be losing more than that in 'fat" lbs but with the muscle weight I gain it should net out to 141 if that makes sense. Hope that helps.
  • dbenedit
    dbenedit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, medium frame, and 46 yo. I've been down as low as 125 (hubby thought I was much too thin!), and as high as 180 (way too heavy for my frame!). Started MFP this time at 174. My initial goal is 150, but depending on how I feel at that weight, it might change to 140-145. Like a previous poster said, I'm concentrating on healthy eating and toning with strength training. I'm at 161 now, and seeing some very positive changes in my muscle tone. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and I'll see where it takes me.
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7 1/2" and 146. My first goal was 145, however, I am now aiming for 140. In my early 20s I weighted 125, however, after my first baby my weight returned to 130. At 35 I weighted 135 and was very happy with how I looked and felt. Not sure if that is realistic anymore; I shall keep reevaluting as this journey goes on. Ultimately, I want to look fit and eliminate fat rolls.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Anything below 165 on me looks like I'm doing drugs, so I'm sticking to 165.
  • Ajones33
    Options
    26, 5'8 Here..Currently about 137, my goal is 135..BUT my overall goal is to just be healthy look healthy and gain much more muscle so even if I go back to 140 I will be happy.

I'm told I look thin now but i still have a little bit i'd like to get rid of.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Erica002 :) For me I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 145. This is what I weighed pre my daughter 10 years ago and felt fine then so that's what I'm aiming for. I do know however that my body has changed with age and child bearing so most important for me is being happy with what I see in the mirror and feeling great. So whatever I weigh when I get to that point is fine.

I will say I looked at some pics of me bout 5 years ago when I was around 155-160 and I looked rather thin and skeleton like. Don't wanna start lookin all crack headish so, we'll see how it goes!

Good luck to everyone!
  • maryevink
    maryevink Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to 130 but I would be really happy with 135-140 if its more muscular and not just fat.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    According to this site, I should be somewhere between 120 - 160 lbs. I am over 200 now so I am setting my goal for 160. When I get down to that, we'll see how I look. I think 120 is way too low for someone like me who is 5'8" with a big frame. But like we have all seen here, we are all so different.
    I want to look good, but I also want to be fit and healthy.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've never been below 200 (well, since probably middle school >.<) so I have no idea what my ideal is. Right now my goal is 160. I may reevaluate once I get there, I always wanted abs, lol.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4" and I am aiming for 170-175, reevaluating as I get closer to goal.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Anything below 165 on me looks like I'm doing drugs, so I'm sticking to 165.

LOL! That's how I feel about myself too! I have a large frame and I think I look very sickly when I get lower than 165.
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 3/4", and my goal is 145. I was down to 138 two years ago, but that was really hard to maintain. I started MFP back in January at 163 pounds, and have since lost 10, and that has made a huge difference, so I know I will be very happy with 145 :)
  • cassied76
    Options
    I don't think I've ever really wanted to weigh less than 160 - or even 165. I've never been there (soon!), but being that I have a bigger frame as some of y'all have said you do too I think that any less and I would look weird. The bottom line is whatever I weigh I want to feel healthy and be happy - and just as importantly be able to maintain it. I don't want to be "super skinny" and have to fight every day tooth and nail to stay that way, you know? (oh, and I'm about 5'8 1/2 :) )
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 41 y/o mother of 4. first delivery was a C section, i mention that because i have no tummy muscles. I started my weight loss journey at 222. I currently weigh 147 (as of this morning) I find that I am able to "easily" maintain 150. If i want to work at it I can get to 145. I was actually thinking the other day if my weightloss jouney was more of a self contest "how low can you go?" Maintaining is the hard part for sure. thinking anything below 145 is not good. but above 155 i start feeling icky.
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5'9 here and aiming for 149-153 to hopefully maintain. I was down to 153 and maintained for a bit, but let stress and laziness get the best of me and am now back up to 163. I just don't feel right in the 160's.
    The range for me here on MFP is like 125-169. That's a crazy range and I would/could NEVER get to 125. I want SOME curves. :wink:
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well, I would be happy to have more friends to share this journey with so if any of you feels like it please feel free to add me :)
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 exactly and am 144 pounds, and 125 would be a dream come true. i weighed that in all 2009, but have been gradually gaining since then. if anyone else has the same ish goal feel free to add me!