5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", but i have a goal size - back to a size 8. That could be 130lbs or 160lbs depending on whether or not I gain some damn muscle or stick with skinny fat *LOL*
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • Jeankyy
    Jeankyy Posts: 32
    Options
    Im a dude (teenager) But for 5'8" the perfect weigh is 150 lbs. I know because my friends (girls) a lot of them are in that side and they are perfect! =).
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was striving for 164, but I know that is not going to be enough so I'm pushing for 159 now. My plan when I get there, is to work very hard to stay under 160. I think anything in the 150s would be GREAT for me.

I am currently 167.8 at 39 years old after weighing 180-210 for 10 years of my life. Yuck!

I weighed 145 when I graduated H.S. and I was a stick figure so 10-15 lbs. over that as an adult I think is reasonable for my frame.

Any 5'8" ladies out there who want to friend me, please do.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm just around 5' 8" and I want to weigh 99 pounds. I want to get out of the triple digits.

STL, unless you're missing a limb or two, that isn't going to end well.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 140 at just over 5'8", since I know that I tend to look really thin when I go much under that. Almost there.
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    Right now, I just want to be in a regular misses size. No more plus size. Whatever weight puts me at a solid size 12 would okay with me!! I am thinking that is going to be around 165 to 175. There is no way my body is going to go down to 135 pounds. I haven't weighed that since I was 14 years old and I am okay with that. I just want to be comfortable in my own clothes! I am currently in 16/18 size clothes so I have some work to do!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'9 but am aiming for 140. I will stop before then if I am happy with how I look.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I am currently 158. I really want to get down to 130 which is my weight loss goal :) Im naturally curvy anyways and this size is where I am most comfortable at.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Right now, I just want to be in a regular misses size. No more plus size. Whatever weight puts me at a solid size 12 would okay with me!! I am thinking that is going to be around 165 to 175. There is no way my body is going to go down to 135 pounds. I haven't weighed that since I was 14 years old and I am okay with that. I just want to be comfortable in my own clothes! I am currently in 16/18 size clothes so I have some work to do!

I wear a size twelve now and am 175 lbs, 5'8.75"
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7 & 3/4 that's probably close enough to count.
    the lowest i have been as an adult was 134 and it felt pretty great and ideal!

but ultimately i want to be 125. unless i dont have a lot of fat at 134 this time since i am working out and not just skinny fat, i would think 134 at that point would be awwwesome!
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My initial goal weight is 155 and my ultimate is 135 but think this too unrealistic so somewhere between the two would probably be ideal, but I would just be happy to reach 155.
  • momo97005
    Options
    I'm also 5 ft 8 in and had a baby 20 months ago. I am 181 now but I think 155-160 looked best on me. Any lower than 150 everyone told me I was too skinny. It depends on how muscular you are.
  • NanaJolie23
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and trying to get down to 135-138 too. I'm young now, and I figure why not go for a smaller look now and enjoy it;than as I get older, I'll stick to 145-155.
  • Nikki_7680
    Options

I wear a size twelve now and am 175 lbs, 5'8.75"

Awesome! 10 less pounds that I have to worry about :tongue:
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow-- this post is really encouraging. I'm a bit closer to 5'9" but I've always had it in my head that 135 was the target weight for someone my height. Jeez, now that I think about it, the celebrity industry and modeling world has really infiltrated my perception of body image because I've always just resigned to the fact that I'd always be considered fat because 135 seems so impossible to me. But seeing all you beautiful ladies and realizing what a true healthy and sustainable weight really is makes me feel like i can strive for it.

That said, in highschool, my lowest weight was around the 150s. I felt good and confident. I would be thrilled to be back there. But my this-year goal is 170 and I'd be happy chipping away from there.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am also part of the 5'8" club :tongue:

I currently weigh 153.......and would LOVE to be in the 140's.

I have a small frame and at the present time am holding on to too much damn FAT!! :cry:

Being only 153 I currently wear a size 12 because of all of the gross fat on my body (stomach area, hips and butt).

Anyways, getting rid of the flab and getting muscle is my ultimate goal, so yeah, the 140's would work for me!

edit.......anybody feel free to add me, love having encouraging friends!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5"8 as well...I was down to 137 and felt great - not much body fat..I recently got a new scale that tells me I am 145..and I definatley feel the extra few pounds....I was happy anywhere from 135-140 :)
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have set my goal for 150 lbs. and once I get there, I'll go from there. I'm like some of the other people, just want to be considered healthy with the BMI scale.