You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options
.... you're lying on your back on the floor, palms out, eyes closed, and Jillian is pep talking you from the TV and that is all your hear as you breathe in and out, in and out....

...... because you've learned to tune out the children sitting on your stomach, poking you in the eyes and yelling "GET UP MOM! NO SLEEPING!"

Let's hear yours!

Replies

• johnsonje82
    johnsonje82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ...when you are never surprised anymore at the odd places you find fruit snacks
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    from a mom of 2 year old twins...

- when there is more wallpaper on the floor than on the wall
    -when your Christmas nativity scene is reenacting "the amazing race" around your house each day
    -when your nightstand has holes in the varnish because no on told you teething medicine eats varnish
    -you undress for the day and pacifiers and toys fall out
    -the bottom of your car looks like a sea of spawning goldfish
    -two layers of makeup aren't enough to cover the dark circles under your eyes
    -you find your toddler writing checks for you from your wallet
    -when you are on your fourth temporary replacement ATM card in 5 weeks, ( cause there is a pic of "MOMMY!!" on it)
    -when your new perfume is peanut butter
    -when you carpet looks like a flashback from the 70's
    -when it takes 15 mins to load the car to go 5 mins away
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! You reminded me of another!

When your 2 year old pulls your capital one credit card out of your wallet in the store and hands it to the next passerby to show them the picture of her and her brother. Yeah, that happened.
  • RDalton84
    Options
    When you can be thrown up on, spit on, peed on and crapped on and you barely even flinch *sigh* lol that's been my week with two sick children
  • RDalton84
    Options
    When you start seeing repeat episodes on Nick Jr because it's on 24/7
  • FleekTastic
    FleekTastic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When you hum thomas the tank theme for hours on end all day at work...
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You can sing the theme songs to Barnie and Sponge Bob Square Pants.
    You know the names of all the Rugrats.
    You have seen The Lion King over 100 times.
    You know how to be a human jungle gym.
    You have turned the entire down stairs into a fort using every blanket and chair in the house.
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Haha...spawning goldfish...awesome!

I have peace signs all over the inside back door of my mommy-wagon...drawn in permanent marker one bored day...
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You start humming "Fruit Salad" by the WIggles when you're making dinner. And the kids are 11 and 13. Or when you find yourself listing all the names of all the people you know because you cannot remember the name of the child you birthed. Or when you are so sleep deprived, and exhausted, and braindead, that you find the deeper meaning in Spongebob... and the kids are all asleep. And you're watching it anyway.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When you become the tunnel of the kids choo choo game while trying to do lunges, planks, stretches, or any other activity that involves you making some sort of tunnel shape with your body.

When you can now do crunches, flutter kicks, reverse crunches and leg lifts with a 30 lbs toddler sitting on your stomach.

when there is more crayon on your walls than there is in the BIG box of Crayola.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When you become the tunnel of the kids choo choo game while trying to do lunges, planks, stretches, or any other activity that involves you making some sort of tunnel shape with your body.

^^^ This...but not a choo choo! It's more of Haha! I made it....you didn't get me this time!!

When you know every word to every episode of Phineas and Ferb because "MOM....it's my favorite...I don't care if we have seen it 500 times"
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    When friends comment about the finger prints on the tv screen...oops I guess we get so use to them they no longer bother us. We're just glad we don't have Disney or nick jr on!
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hide in my bedroom to eat, just so I can actually eat my food before my kids do

I wake up with package of hot dogs thrown in my face and bottle ketchup flying towards me

I feel bad if I buy anything for myself

While putting on makeup i am being told every color i own, where on my face it goes, while fighting littles hands trying to put it on my face
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    . . . you have actually said, "No, you may not smell the dog's poop later to see if it is cinnamony."
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When you get up stupidly early just to have a shower and eat breakfast in peace.

When your out by yourself and answer someone else's kid saying mummy!

When out with friends you ask if anyone wants a drinky (yes I have done this)

When you have had so little sleep you put the kettle in the fridge and get angry that the milk won't fit the kettle stand.

When you can't remember watching a whole film from beginning to end.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    When you are on mfp at 2am anticipating a 2 month old waking up for the next feeding
  • becca1968
    Options
    I became acutely aware of the amazing gift of being a mother when my son came home from Iraq after a year-long deployment and I got to see the man he had become.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I became acutely aware of the amazing gift of being a mother when my son came home from Iraq after a year-long deployment and I got to see the man he had become.

Aww - this is beautiful. I totally look forward to watching another person's personal growth way more since I became a mother. Thanks to you and your son for your sacrifice.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    ...You understand the genius behind shows like In The Night Garden.