You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I drive to work (30 minutes) listening and singing along to children's music, without realizing it.

Hahahah YES! The tv will be on Nickelodeon for like 30 minutes before I realize what I'm watching...
  • HellsBells61
    Options
    When you ring your own Mum especially to tell her that your one-year-old used the potty for the first time
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When you are giving your teen daughter advice about not getting pregnant so you say," don't have kids until your in your 30's because they are an 18 yr jail sentence " and your 16 yr old says, "thanks mom" but she does laugh because she knows she has been a handful :blushing:
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When you see a neighbour's kid throw a wrapper on the ground and you immediately respond with "Well you can pick that up right now young man and find a bin for it".
    Then you catch your reflection in a window and think "Arrgghhh...I have become my parents"!!!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    - When your radio no longer is being used in the car and your only choice of music is between the Wiggles or the Fresh Beat Band
    - When you say " you're going to Grandma's house" and cant wait to get a break..only to find yourself sad and bored once they're not around
    - When you have seen the bathroom of every restaraunt and supermarket in your town
    - When a nice dinner out consists of a big mac and fries
    - When you find fruit snacks in your couch
    - When you constantly have to repeat "who was the last one to use the potty" !!!!"
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    ...when your 10 year old leaves the room to go do something else and you continue to sit there and watch the episode of "Hannah Montana" without her lol
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When you hum thomas the tank theme for hours on end all day at work...

ha ha, their 2 their 4 their 6 their 8....

araaghhh make it stop
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    <---ParAUNT.

When one of your favourite shows is 'Jane and the Dragon'.

When every DVD you go to buy is a Disney/cartoon.

When you've watched their favourite movie (this case Howl's Moving Castle) so much you almost cry when they hand the DVD to you. But you put it on anyway because they say 'Weez' and 'Tank you'

When you go shopping and you no longer look at a certain food and think, 'What can I put with this?' but rather, 'How can I get____ to eat this?'

When your Youtube account history is filled with Micky Mouse and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Leaving the toilet door open a bit because you just know they are coming in and will open it anyway!

When you aren't embarrassed to do stupid things in public to make them smile :heart:

While walking around the city you let your 3yr old niece hold the map and tell YOU were you're going!

When you realized you don't share your food with THEM, they share with YOU! :drinker:

What's yours isn't in fact yours.... it's theirs.

Love my Bambi.
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When you hum thomas the tank theme for hours on end all day at work...

ha ha, their 2 their 4 their 6 their 8....

araaghhh make it stop

NOW IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When you drive a mini van. :sad:

When your garden tub has a baby bathtub in it instead of being used for long soaks in a hot bath.

When your showers are interrupted by an almost 2 year old banging on the shower door and shrieking "rub-a-dub!!" b/c she wants to join you.

When your formal dining room is converted into a play room.

When you've spent over a month planning the epic event - a 2 year old's Garden Tea Party birthday party. :flowerforyou:

Oh - did I mention when you drive a mini van? lol
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Thank you all so much for the funnies this morning. Just what I needed:happy:
    A couple of my own:

~You actually utter phrases like: "Stop sniffing the dogs BUTT!", "No, you CANNOT poop in the yard like the dog. Thanks for asking though.","If you HAVE to pee in the yard, do it on the flowers. Thanks!", "You SNIFF flowers, not SNORT them!", and "Stop eating the dog food! He's hungry too and HE can't have waffles."
    ~Everything you do is broken down into song (and you aren't the only one singing it)
    ~Seeing the names of kid shows and you catch yourself singing the theme song to it.
    ~Think nothing of kissing that teddy bear too at bed time.
    ~Catch yourself correcting adult speech because they used the wrong tense and want them to "know the difference"
    ~know there is no point in trying to close the bathroom door because the entire house will try to fit in there the second your fanny makes contact with the seat.
    ~leaving the house requires a "potty stop" before departure and upon arrival at destination.
    ~You realize.... You're children are Just. Like. YOU! And that's okay.
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

~Think nothing of kissing that teddy bear too at bed time.

~know there is no point in trying to close the bathroom door because the entire house will try to fit in there the second your fanny makes contact with the seat.

~You realize.... You're children are Just. Like. YOU! And that's okay.

AMEN!! :bigsmile:
  • CanDew512
    CanDew512 Posts: 7
    Options
    - When you have seen the bathroom of every restaraunt and supermarket in your town

Absolutely!

Also, as soon as you sit down you hear "Mommy! I'm done!" and have to get right back up to help in the bathroom.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    When you start seeing repeat episodes on Nick Jr because it's on 24/7

So this!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    When you start telling people that you have to go potty.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    when u have seen every dora epsiode, and u actuallu enjoy it
    when u take 2 minute showers afraid that they've gotten in something
    when ur purse turns into a diaper bag
    when u look forward to watch lion king for the 1000th time!
    when u no longer set your alarm clock anymore, because your kids wake u up at 7am sharp...NO MATTER IF THEY WENT TO SLEEP A 5AM, THEY STILL WAKE THEY'RE LITTLE BUTTS UP AT 7...HOW DO THEY DO THAT?!?!??!
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was just doing intervals on the treadmill and the thing that got me to do 10 more minutes was my 3 year old saying Im so PROUD OF YOU!!! Go Mommy your so Fast! lol :)

when your food diary lists 1/4 chicken nugget, 1/8 serving kraft mac and cheese and 1/4 chocolate chip cookie

you cant do a proper push up probably because youve never tried it without a child sitting on you.

under my exercises you have "riding kids around pony style" listed
  • when you are just trying to go Peee and you have a 10 year old daughter burst in because she can't find her homework, a 3 year old son who decides he has to pee at the exact same time and says move mommy and then the 90 pound dog comes in and sits on your feet ........ think it's time to fix the lock on the bathroom door this happens daily :sad: :tongue:
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel bad if I buy anything for myself

^^^^this is the truth for sure! UGH!