You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    when your kid misses the bus and you run around to bus stops looking for it. :) Yep that's how I started my day and nope never did find it.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can't keep away from this thread.....

When you are no longer that grossed out to be woken up in the middle of the night by your toddler climbing into bed next to you, and throwing up on your face.

When you are the first person to ever be admitted to your local hospital with a "sword injury" after being whacked in the head by a psychotic 4 year old wielding a plastic sword pretending to be a ninja.

hahahaha that's not supposed to be funny but is a hilarious mental image ;)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Great forum topic! I'm a grandma but I loved reading all of the comments. Thank you. :)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    when one of your exercise dvd's is exercising with Mickey Mouse.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    when your sitting at home ALONE and turn on cartoons
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    you feel someone grabbing your chest in your sleep, and you think it's your husband finally trying to initiate something, and instead it's the toddler reverting back to infancy after crawling into your bed.

you attend a wedding in a beautiful dress it took you months to save for, pay hundreds in air tickets, spend an entire day at a salon to look good for relatives you haven't seen in years, and instead of impressing folks you spend the night walking around in said gown covered in oreo-laden vomit from your $200 hair to your $100 shoes because your then 3-year-old daughter has a stomach virus, and there's nothing you can do about the stares and laughs.

you return a Christmas gift you bought yourself because your child's eye was caught by something else and you wanted to make them happy.

you find all your jewelry gone and it's in your daughter's room in various pieces/broken up because she wanted to play dress up.

your one bottle of French perfume is drunk by your daughter because she thought it looked like lemonade and smelled "tasty".

:laugh:
  • wagscom
    wagscom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you do all the above , and start all over again with your Grandchildren, and wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything !!!
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    when you have to dislodge an impacted poo with your finger as your kid is screaming bloody murder while on the side of the road during a trip back from the beach without flinching. (even though daddy is dry heaving in the front seat :-P)

Oh My gosh my dad does this! Lmao!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When you've figured the appropriate response to "why?"
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options
    You cant remember the last time you bought a pair of new jeans but your kids have clothes in their closet with the tag still on them.. (And youre okay with it)
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I wake up to a dirty pull up being thrown in my face at 6am and hearing "HEY I pee peed in my pull up, change me"

Being embarrassed in the store thats nice and quiet when my child screams "MOMMY I'M GONNA BLOW IT UP", then trying to explain to everyone that we aren't terrorists that just means shes gonna fart.

Putting on an outfit and walking out feeling nice and confident and I hear "ew mom". And I have to go change into something she chooses lol (surprisingly she's got good taste)

When were out somewhere and she sneezes and a HUGE booger is stuck on her cheek, you just grab it with your fingers wipe it somewhere and go on your marry way while everyone is gagging saying how gross lol

I could go on for hours

Ah I just love my baby girl lol
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    LMAO LMAO!! How about this I am a daycare teacher :)

When the multitude of children over whelms you and you can just scream start running around and no one thinks your crazy :laugh:
  • couponfun
    Options
    your son's running around the house in a T-shirt and nothing else screaming "I'm a naked BUTT! NAKED WIENER MOMMA! I'M NAKED! NAKED!" and you accidentally start typing that in the report you're trying to transcribe because you're automatically trained to type whatever you hear and you're on auto pilot.
  • VictoriousMommy
    VictoriousMommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When you hum thomas the tank theme for hours on end all day at work...

LOL!!! this stays in my head for days on end
  • couponfun
    Options

LOL!!! this stays in my head for days on end

OH MY GOD....MICKEY'S "HOT DOG SONG" and have any of you seen Bubble Guppies? Holy heck...I keep singing the Outside song all the time.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I love all of these!

..when one of your children poops and another child comes running in "I want to see!"

What is wrong with my children?
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    heart is aching when you have to leave them at college for the first time and now they are about to graduate college. And it was only yesterday when I felt her move for the first time in my belly.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When poop is cute and you don't realize you just got throw up on your shirt and it has probably been there since that morning
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When poop is cute and you don't realize you just got throw up on your shirt and it has probably been there since that morning

I have never once thought poop was cute. :laugh:
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

hahaahhhaa... you just summed up my day in a few words.... the only difference is I am a stay at home mom and I find myself humming it even when im out at the store... the doctors... even after hes asleep I still am singing/humming the thomas song... that and BOB the builder.... :laugh:

...you head for the bakery FIRST at the grocery store so your kid can have a free cookie so you can shop in peace...
    .... when you have teeny tiny underwear hanging off the sink....
    ...when your hand pump soap lights up and plays the theme song from Thomas the train...
    ....when you have to move a 1000 toys out of your way to take a bath..
    (every few months i actually REMEMBER that i can USE the tub too... not just shower...)