You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When your at an aquarium and can identify a whale shark because Deigo taught us all about Whale Sharks, and River Otters. Gotta love being an adult and learning something you didnt know from Nick Jr.
  • MissMegan3119
    MissMegan3119 Posts: 110
    Options
    When you stop and shake yourself when the words, "The Fresh Beat Band is actually pretty catchy" come falling out of your mouth. What happened to me? Oh yes, a 4 year old.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I became acutely aware of the amazing gift of being a mother when my son came home from Iraq after a year-long deployment and I got to see the man he had become.

^ this made me cry
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    You can sing the theme songs to Barnie and Sponge Bob Square Pants.
    You know the names of all the Rugrats.
    You have seen The Lion King over 100 times.
    You know how to be a human jungle gym.
    You have turned the entire down stairs into a fort using every blanket and chair in the house.

When you sing a theme song from ANY kid show to distract your Lil Monster from Screaming TOO loudly!! :)
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    you have to pretend to be impressed and pay attention at your kid's middle school chorus/orchestra concert, and school your face to not react to the beginning violin players that sound like nails on chalkboard

you have to suppress the urge to bring alcohol to said event so you can even survive the thing.

you have to tell your kid what a great job he/she did even though their class was horrible. and i mean squealing cats carry better tunes.
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You have to interrupt your weight lifting routine to read a puppy book.

You jump off your elliptical to empty the potty chair that your little 2 year old is walking around with and hoping she doesn't spill. Not to mention that the remote to the tv sits in the cup holder so you can change that channel at a moments notice for them.

You practice your favorite yoga pose (corpse pose) and two little ones figure it's pig pile on mommy time as the dog licks your face.

You go for a nice long walk with little ones in the stroller and for 90min they are screaming to get out or go home while you are trying to get a good walk in.

You HAVE to make mac & cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, ravioli, and anything else that has about 400 cal in a 1 cup serving and try NOT to eat it while you are ravenously hungry because you have to feed them first.

You have resorted to sheer stubbornness to get done what needs to be done =D
  • CourtneyB610
    CourtneyB610 Posts: 384
    Options
    I know I'm a Mom when after about 30 minutes of my daughter in room napping, I catch myself sitting on the couch still watching Sprout or whatever TV show she was watching before she went to sleep! Lol.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    when you no longer flinch at a handful of chest hair riped out (my 9 month old loves to do that to me) or you walk around the house singing the chuginton song to yourself
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Adding on

When to take your potty training 2 yr old to the public restroom and when you go to use the restroom she starts jumping up and down clapping and screaming at the top of her lungs YAY MOMMY YOU WENT PEE PEE! WOO HOO GO MOMMY.

This ^^ my son likes to yell out "MAMA!? DID YOU FART???? I FARTED AND IT WAS STINKY!!!", usually in a heavily-crowded airport bathroom :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    .... you're lying on your back on the floor, palms out, eyes closed, and Jillian is pep talking you from the TV and that is all your hear as you breathe in and out, in and out....

...... because you've learned to tune out the children sitting on your stomach, poking you in the eyes and yelling "GET UP MOM! NO SLEEPING!"

Let's hear yours!

When you are in the same aforementioned position and a 3 year old body slams you from the couch.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I have six so if I'm out alone, this is the response I get, "Hey, great to see you! Where are the kids?!" lol!

No, how've you been or man you're looking good! It's always about the kids, and I wouldn't trade it for nuttin!
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    When you and your adult daughter (who is your ONLY child) that you had at 15 and raised alone fight for a whole year after she goes to college, then finally make up, and she says "Mom, I want you to go get a matching tattoo with me, so no matter where we are, we will always be together" and you DO IT even though prior to this you didn't like tattoos....:heart:
  • edmercdeleted
    Options
    When you watch every movie you bring home twice. This first time is to make sure it's kid safe.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump for a laugh later on today
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When the play phone rings....YOU ALWAYS ANSWER IT, and pretend to have a conversation to amuse your child.
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    When you find a baby sock in your purse lol
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If names like "Muno", "Fufa", "Plex", "Brobee" and "Toodie" make sense to you.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When you can be thrown up on, spit on, peed on and crapped on and you barely even flinch

Most of these, I get from/did with my two year old nephew... when he lived with me... especially the above. so bumpy
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    You HAVE to make mac & cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, ravioli, and anything else that has about 400 cal in a 1 cup serving and try NOT to eat it while you are ravenously hungry because you have to feed them first.

Honey, when I quit eating crap, so did my daughter!! She eats what I make=HEALTHY FOOD!! Good habits start NOW! Just sayin... :heart: I don't even have that crap in the house!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I pretend my tummy hurts sometimes just so I can sit on the toilet with the door locked! :-)