Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Burpee=DEATH
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If I ever hired a trainer, I guarantee they would have to go by my rules as to what I do and don't want in a workout, and if they didn't respect that, I would fire them!
    Then you'd probably NEVER hire me because I'd accept a couple of "nots", but when a client MAKES the rules, then it be truly a waste of my time because I be fighting over what should be done. Guess I don't have to worry about that though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's right -- you never have to worry that I would hire you. If I ever decided to get a trainer, I would want to make sure they understand what I expect to get out of working with them, and what I am and am not willing to do. One of my first rules would be when I say I've had enough, you don't keep pushing for me to do more. If they can't respect my rules, they're gone!
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    I think the answer is quite clear...because they work and most people don't give a rats *kitten* about looking silly they want to do what works best

While they might work, there are other things that work and don't look silly!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    WOW Are you deliberately misreading everything I type...If I really couldn't do them then I am sure he'd not make me but I LOVE MY TRAINER....the harder he works me the more I love him...maybe I am a sadist but that is what I pay him for...If I wanted to dictate what I did then I'd stay home and make my own routines up...hell short of firing him if he insisted on doubling his prices I'd still pay him (dinna tell him that though LOL)
    This is how ALL my clients feel. We're paid to get results and if the results are minute, then chances are the client is wasting their time and money. It's our responsibility to make the time spend effective and efficient. And many times it will be to the dislike of many of the exercises, but again taking people out of their comfort zone is usually how results are attained.

IDEA Fitness member
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is quite clear...because they work and most people don't give a rats *kitten* about looking silly they want to do what works best

While they might work, there are other things that work and don't look silly!
    Those other things not being you.
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    This is how ALL my clients feel. We're paid to get results and if the results are minute, then chances are the client is wasting their time and money. It's our responsibility to make the time spend effective and efficient. And many times it will be to the dislike of many of the exercises, but again taking people out of their comfort zone is usually how results are attained.

IDEA Fitness member

[/quote]

Well, I can see that I would fire you after the first day. I am the one that has to decide how far I am willing to go out of my comfort zone -- NOT someone I am paying!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    You know what I think I am done on this thread...why ask why burpees are put in of you actually don't want to listen to the answer....you don't like burpees nothing is ever gonna change you mind so fine.

OP You know what a burpee is now...try them, you willna like them probably but they work so give them a go at least and make your own mind up :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well, you can have him! I would not like to be pushed that hard by anyone, no matter how much I like them. I need to have enough energy to get through the rest of the day, and I don't want to use it all up in the gym.
    Now the truth comes out. Figured it had something to do with NOT wanting to workout to maximum effort. Energy can be restored after a workout.

IDEA Fitness member
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    here's the thing health gal.. most people are not going to be paying attention to you at the gym. :laugh:

most people dont give a *kitten* what other people are doing at the gym as long as it's not in their way, so who cares if it looks silly?

and the only reason why i noticed that guy doing the chin up burpee was because i had been checking out his *kitten* :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Getting back to the point-

My main argument is:

Why on earth do so many trainers put burpees into their routines and expect people to do them when they are so darned silly???!!!!!!
    Because they work...................if they didn't they wouldn't be an exercise.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    If I ever hired a trainer, I guarantee they would have to go by my rules as to what I do and don't want in a workout, and if they didn't respect that, I would fire them!
    Then you'd probably NEVER hire me because I'd accept a couple of "nots", but when a client MAKES the rules, then it be truly a waste of my time because I be fighting over what should be done. Guess I don't have to worry about that though.

IDEA Fitness member

I'd hire you but I'm taken and I think you may be many miles from me too LOL
  • killagb
    Options
    burpees.jpg
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    here's the thing health gal.. most people are not going to be paying attention to you at the gym. :laugh:

most people dont give a *kitten* what other people are doing at the gym as long as it's not in their way, so who cares if it looks silly?

and the only reason why i noticed that guy doing the chin up burpee was because i had been checking out his *kitten* :laugh:

LOL. I like your honesty. :happy:
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    Well, it FEELS silly to get up and down over and over again. Even if no one was watching, it would still feel silly. When I did burpees in that bootcamp class, I didn't feel like anyone was watching me, but it still felt like "What a silly waste of energy!" Getting up and down like you don't even know where you want to be and having a sore, tired back for hours is not my idea of a good exercise routine.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    they're gonna be the death of me..thats all I can say LOL

You don't HAVE to do them! Say NO to burpees!

lol I know I don't have to, but they challenge me in a good way...

I'm doing a Personal Training course atm and my teacher said that she NEVER gets people to do them as waaay too many injuries happen from them.
  • killagb
    Options
    Well, it FEELS silly to get up and down over and over again. Even if no one was watching, it would still feel silly. When I did burpees in that bootcamp class, I didn't feel like anyone was watching me, but it still felt like "What a silly waste of energy!" Getting up and down like you don't even know where you want to be and having a sore, tired back for hours is not my idea of a good exercise routine.
    I think you established this about 20 posts ago.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Ooooh see the burpees my trainer makes me do don't involve the push up they are just hands on floor/step feet together jump them out backwards back in again, jump up...repeat...even with no push up they are hell which I detest with everybone in my body...almost as much as mountain climbers but I feel the exercises I hate most are probably the most effective so give them my all when doing them and worrying about breathing afterwards LOL

That's what the BL trainers make their contestants do.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well, I can see that I would fire you after the first day. I am the one that has to decide how far I am willing to go out of my comfort zone -- NOT someone I am paying!
    Like I stated earlier, I wouldn't ACCEPT you as a client if I interviewed with you once you told me it HAD to be your way. So firing me would never come about.

IDEA Fitness member
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I won't do them. I'm uncoordinated and also I get blood-pressure triggered migraines. I think all the jumping and leaping up from the floor would quickly result in a migraine and also a broken ankle.

I'll stick to yoga, running, and mountain hiking. Much smoother.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Burpees are one of the silliest exercises I have EVER seen! I HATE them, and I refuse to do them!

I decided not to take a class I used to like at the YMCA because they got a new teacher and she put burpees into the routine every single time.

OMG!!! She changed her user name, but is still bashing CF!!! Geez!!!