To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h

Options

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Darlin', you're a total sweetie and I applaude you. :flowerforyou:
    Social media sites have taught us to hide to prevent discrimination and I agree with you that we are all here for the same reason (well, almost all of us are) and support is given to everyone with 2 pounds to 200+ pounds to lose. I understand the stigma of being a big girl and only wanting to show my face. Seeing my whole body up there....used to make me want to cry.

They'll come around when they're ready, but hopefully your post gives them a little more courage. And I really hope no one blasts you because I feel as though you are coming from an honest place of wanting to help.

Thanks for being you :smile:
    Meg

ETA: I understand not EVERYONE with just the headshot is uncomfortable, but I see where he's coming from.
  • Brian001
    Options
    AND also in response to those who have gotten on me for not having a shot of my face as a profile picture, it is in a previous picture but for intensive purposes, i will now go and take one of my whole body(including head)
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I dont think it has anything to do with being uncomfortable I personally just dont have any pictures saved on my computer and at the moment dont have a camera at home, so I used what I have. I really hate the half naked pictures though..
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    This is a ploy to see boobies. Do not do it

It never was nor never would be. I would not have posted that long of a post just for that. Would appreciate if the negativity would be brought down when all i have been was positive to all.

Eh, that was my first thought, too.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That's a very sweet post, but one of the reasons some people just have head shots - aside from embarrassment - is that it's hard to take a full body picture of ourselves without some assistance (someone to hold the camera). Just throwing that out there.

Oh, and my profile picture is just of my face because I am confident about my body and the work I put into getting it healthy, but I am not confident about my face so forcing myself to stare at it is sort of therapeutic for me (yes, I am strange).
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I thought this was an encouraging post. What i took away from it is that we should not be ashamed of who we are, but instead share our goals and our frustrations on here because we are all here for the same thing - to get healthy. I only post head shots because of exactly what Brian said - I am EMBARRASSED about how I look. I do the same thing on eHarmony - and then when I do talk to someone, I am always worried about what they will think when they actually meet me. If I were to put of a full body pic, I would not have to worry about that. To me, its also encouraging coming from a man, and I thought this was an encouraging and spot on post.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I don't think it's offensive at all. I understand the point you are trying to make. I have full body shots to compare to my after photos (if I ever get there). Thanks for posting this. You've inspired me to post a full body shot, if it'll even fit. That's a pretty small square to try to fit into :laugh:

I'll do this tonight...
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the Napoleon Dynamite movie when Kip says "I'm getting a little T O'ed because she hasn't sent me a full body shot yet".

This!

And this OP is already in my friends list but I think he's lost his sense of humour.

Let's stop teasing.
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's a very sweet post, but one of the reasons some people just have head shots - aside from embarrassment - is that it's hard to take a full body picture of ourselves without some assistance (someone to hold the camera). Just throwing that out there.

Oh, and my profile picture is just of my face because I am confident about my body and the work I put into getting it healthy, but I am not confident about my face so forcing myself to stare at it is sort of therapeutic for me (yes, I am strange).

I just went and bought a full length mirror for this reason - I have no one on hand to take a full body shot, too. But he is right, I am also embarrassed.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    This is a ploy to see boobies. Do not do it

:laugh: I like it

Lol! I dont think the above was negative, just funny! I usually have a headless body shot cause I like feeling anonymous, so I guess I'm the opposite. Although these days I'm getting bigger, not smaller....
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I always use profile pics with my kids in them, because they are so damn cute!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I get it, but all of my prog pictures I'm basically half naked and I don't feel like putting all of that out there to a world full of people I don't know. ;D Discretion.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I post good pictures...

head, body, shoulder, foot, eyeball....whatever...:tongue:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I thought this was an encouraging post. What i took away from it is that we should not be ashamed of who we are, but instead share our goals and our frustrations on here because we are all here for the same thing - to get healthy. I only post head shots because of exactly what Brian said - I am EMBARRASSED about how I look. I do the same thing on eHarmony - and then when I do talk to someone, I am always worried about what they will think when they actually meet me. If I were to put of a full body pic, I would not have to worry about that. To me, its also encouraging coming from a man, and I thought this was an encouraging and spot on post.

Totally understand!!
    When I was on match.com, I had a ton of head shots and had to work hard on getting a full body shot. And, I really hate to admit this because it's hurtful, but the responses dwindled.

You're lovely, chin up and you're on the right path to find all the happiness in the world :flowerforyou:
  • macylane4
    Options
    I might only have face shots on facebook, but this site has only motivated me, and everybody knows how much weight I need to lose, so I don't mind everybody seeing how fat I am!!! I think that is most women's phobia...they feel lin competition or something! I think it is a good thing for everybody to have a full body picture! Nobody has ever said anything negative to me about my full body pics on here!!!!
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of full body shots in my pictures. I just happen to like this new picture of my face and I think it shows off how much I have lost in my face :)

11257866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I fully agree with the OP. You don't need to post the photos or show them to anyone ever, but take some and keep them, no matter how much you hate them.

There will be times when the scale doesn't budge, when your mind plays tricks on you and you see every bump, lump, flaw and dimple in the mirror, when you're second guessing if you did your measurements the same (did I pull it tighter? am I measuring the same spot?), and when you accidentally shrink your favorite jeans in the wash. Then you can take a new set of photos and see, more objectively, just how much progress you've made.

Any full length photo will do, but as you get closer to your goal, you'll want to show some skin to really get motivated. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/in-defense-of-bikinis-215624
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    AHEM. IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT WOMEN HAVE FOUND THIS POST OFFENSIVE SEEING AS I DID NOT ADDRESS THIS TO MEN AS WELL. WAS NOT MY INTENTION BUT FOR CLARIFICATION. I HAVE ALSO SAID IN THE TOPIC ITSELF THAT IT IS OPEN TO MEN AS WELL. I HAVE JUST SEEN IT MORE PRESENT IN THE WOMEN. THIS IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS A WAY FOR ME TO "SEE" WOMEN. Sorry for all the caps, just needed to get point across.

I don't find it offensive, I just don't like blanket statements. it's wrong to assume that women and/or men post headshots because they are ashamed. I appreciate that you are encouraging women to be proud of our bodies, because we should no matter what shape or size.

Blanket statements do tend offend people especially if they come off in the wrong way. You could have just encourage women to be courageous and show off their curves instead of labeling headshots negatively. Thank you for your encouragement but again do not assume things.
  • ginacs6
    ginacs6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt all my pals on here would support me no matter what, but it has nothing to do with a picture! My body image is for me and me alone! If I choose to share it, it still nothing to do with the day to day work I put in. Thats why Im here! So I get support in the day to day! Not bc of what I look like! I cannot understand how forcing someone to show their bodies would help anything!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    << My pic says something about me besides what I look like! I have plenty of pics - head and all, good and bad, posted on my profile.