To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h

Options

Replies

• DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else read, "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h" before you clicked the link mentally add a different "h-word" than head?

I was hoping it would be "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your hoo-has."

:laugh:
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... most photos of people are of their face. I don't get why this is a sign of being uncomfortable with your body. I could post a pic of my *kitten* but no one would know who the hell I was :/

Personally I prefer to see someone's face. That's the bit I talk to in real life so why would I talk to someone's abs online?

OP: I know you mean well but I really don't think it means someone is uncomfortable with their body if they post a head shot. Not for most people anyway. Head shots are just the norm

^^^^^ This

What difference does it make to you if I dont have a body shot up?
    Does that affect they type of support I get from my friends on here?
    No.
    My friends support me regardless of what my pictures are of.
    They know that weight loss is not just about what my body looks like. :grumble:
    Am I uncomfortable with my body? Not around my lovers Im not. :wink:
    But sorry, I have no desire for strangers to see me 1/2 naked.
    Maybe Im from a different generation... posting body images online is not my cup of tea.
    Although look what it did for Kim K.
    hmmmmm, maybe I should make a sex tape... (jk) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Whats it matter to you what picture(s) we post? you think your some gods gift or something? it's not really your business so grow up.

I never once got the impression that i was. I know im not. It says on my home page that i was always the chubby kid. I was just trying to support people on their weight loss journeys. Never ever forced anyone to. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
    Yeah, she changed her post to get rid of that.

If people would just take a step back and read your original post, they would see that you are just trying to encourage women (and men) not to be ashamed. It was sweet of you and obviously not an attempt to be all high-and-mighty or anything.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    boooooty for days. nothing like my fat @ss in my face everytime i log a meal to make me want to be careful about what i eat :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I would like to encourage those who have NO profile picture at all to find something to represent them - whether it's a head shot, body shot, your eyeball, your nose, your kids, your dog, nature, your car - something that is part of you and what is important or motivating or the "essence" of you.

My essence is bacon :-)
  • Brian001
    Options
    If i was still back home i would totally upload a picture of my chubby years.... def was a HUGE motivator for me
  • sguinn75
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I do not find it offensive at all. This is a support area and it should be used as motivation and letting others compliment us on what we do not see in ourselves. If you work out in a public gym, PERIOD, then people are getting body shots of you all day long. I don't think he is creepy nor do I think he wants to look at boobies, there are plenty of other sites out there if that's the main goal. I don't have a body shot of me BECAUSE I AM HIDING MYSELF BECAUSE I AM EMBARRASSED and that's even after losing 20 pounds! But just for you I am gonna do it because I support where you are coming from.:smile:
  • Brian001
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I do not find it offensive at all. This is a support area and it should be used as motivation and letting others compliment us on what we do not see in ourselves. If you work out in a public gym, PERIOD, then people are getting body shots of you all day long. I don't think he is creepy nor do I think he wants to look at boobies, there are plenty of other sites out there if that's the main goal. I don't have a body shot of me BECAUSE I AM HIDING MYSELF BECAUSE I AM EMBARRASSED and that's even after losing 20 pounds! But just for you I am gonna do it because I support where you are coming from.:smile:

WOW! GREAT TO SEE HOW INSPIRATIONAL THIS POST IS! Im so glad its been a help to many, but also sorry that it has been a burden/problem for many others. Oh well.
  • Brian001
    Options
    AND also in response to those who have gotten on me for not having a shot of my face as a profile picture, it is in a previous picture but for intensive purposes, i will now go and take one of my whole body(including head)
    For intensive purposes?

I think he meant for all intents and purposes :-)

Thank you! Yes that is what i meant.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    there are ways to get ahead in life butt don't *kitten* me what they are! I'm a little behind on this topic. hahahahaha
  • Brian001
    Options
    there are ways to get ahead in life butt don't *kitten* me what they are! I'm a little behind on this topic. hahahahaha

Nice word play! =D
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    WOW! GREAT TO SEE HOW INSPIRATIONAL THIS POST IS! Im so glad its been a help to many, but also sorry that it has been a burden/problem for many others. Oh well.
    And that, my friend, is the reality of the world we live in. Everyone interprets the world according to his or her own filters. Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two people will interpret the world around them and their experience in it exactly the same way.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wow. WOW.

I am seriously surprised at how many negative replies were posted on this. :/ Maybe I'm naive or there was some kind of hidden message in this that I didn't see, but I genuinely thought (and still think) that this was one of the sweetest posts I've seen in a while. And while it might not apply to everyone, I do think it applies to many women on here. I get seriously nervous about posting pictures of...well, me in general, but I can see that some ladies might at least be confident with their face and nothing else (and I do see that on here as well).

I worry sometimes that this is the exact reason that guys make comments like 'nice guys finish last', etc. If these are the kinds of replies we make to something that, from everything I can see, appears to be sweetly-intended and supportive and kind, I don't blame guys for not bothering to try it again.

Anyway. Thank you for this. I applaud you, and even if nobody else needed it, I did. :flowerforyou: :)
  • Brian001
    Options
    Wow. WOW.

I am seriously surprised at how many negative replies were posted on this. :/ Maybe I'm naive or there was some kind of hidden message in this that I didn't see, but I genuinely thought (and still think) that this was one of the sweetest posts I've seen in a while. And while it might not apply to everyone, I do think it applies to many women on here. I get seriously nervous about posting pictures of...well, me in general, but I can see that some ladies might at least be confident with their face and nothing else (and I do see that on here as well).

I worry sometimes that this is the exact reason that guys make comments like 'nice guys finish last', etc. If these are the kinds of replies we make to something that, from everything I can see, appears to be sweetly-intended and supportive and kind, I don't blame guys for not bothering to try it again.

Thank you. Really thank you. I tried my best to not sound in any way like i wanted anything other than to supportive to those who needed support. But like it was stated before. Thats the world that we live in. Ive apologized many times to this post and have gone out of my way to show that i was not being two faced at all. Just wish people would take things at face value...

Anyway. Thank you for this. I applaud you, and even if nobody else needed it, I did. :flowerforyou: :)
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Where are the moderators? Some people are displaying their personality disorders publicly and it ain't pretty! Give this guy a break.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This is a ploy to see boobies. Do not do it

It never was nor never would be. I would not have posted that long of a post just for that. Would appreciate if the negativity would be brought down when all i have been was positive to all.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that poster was just joking... (I hope.)

Great posts, both of them.

~katie
  • Brian001
    Options
    Sorry about the last quote i replied to. Ended up being within the quote in stead of outside.

Thank you. Really thank you. I tried my best to not sound in any way like i wanted anything other than to supportive to those who needed support. But like it was stated before. Thats the world that we live in. Ive apologized many times to this post and have gone out of my way to show that i was not being two faced at all. Just wish people would take things at face value
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    It's very sweet that you are willing be so motivational - really - it's very thoughtful. Honestly, though, it wasn't a body issue for me, it was just a pic that happened to be of my face. Sure, I need to lose weight but I'm not uncomfortable with a body shot...I do have one, it's just not my profile pic. Again, thank you for being so thoughtful. I do have to add that I have thought about before and after shots, simply to see where I have come from but just haven't gotten around to it yet. :)
  • Brian001
    Options
    It's very sweet that you are willing be so motivational - really - it's very thoughtful. Honestly, though, it wasn't a body issue for me, it was just a pic that happened to be of my face. Sure, I need to lose weight but I'm not uncomfortable with a body shot...I do have one, it's just not my profile pic. Again, thank you for being so thoughtful. I do have to add that I have thought about before and after shots, simply to see where I have come from but just haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

I can totally understand that! You have a body pic on your pics anyways so thats not a problem one bit. Just wanted to be a nice motivator to those over the weekend. Really happy about most of the good responses i got =D
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    As a member of the "not putting all of my business all out on the internet" club, I do not choose to share my body with millions of people. You realize that once you post a picture, it can then picked up and can be shared OUTSIDE of MFP.

My "friends" can see my head shots but those are the only photos that I'm willing to risk going out to the rest of the world.

I'm not knocking people like you who choose to exhibit your body to the entire internet accessing world.

"Different Strokes For Different Folks"
    "It's Your Thang, Do What You Want to Do"
    "You Do You and I'll Do Me"

etc. etc.