To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h

Options

Replies

• LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a ploy to see boobies. Do not do it

It never was nor never would be. I would not have posted that long of a post just for that. Would appreciate if the negativity would be brought down when all i have been was positive to all.

I agree with you. I don't know why people have to be negative. It's not like you are making fun of the head shot phenomenon!! You are encouraging women to own up to their bodies. I got the impression that you were saying that this is a SAFE place to be true because you are here to support us. People need to chill the frack out!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    <--- not of my head.
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... most photos of people are of their face. I don't get why this is a sign of being uncomfortable with your body. I could post a pic of my *kitten* but no one would know who the hell I was :/

Personally I prefer to see someone's face. That's the bit I talk to in real life so why would I talk to someone's abs online?

OP: I know you mean well but I really don't think it means someone is uncomfortable with their body if they post a head shot. Not for most people anyway. Head shots are just the norm

Agreed! :smile:
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My whole body is there...along with my horse, Pipper. He's also a little chubby. :laugh:
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just love my picture.. That's why I'm using it! :bigsmile: I do have other pics up too though! :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else read, "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h" before you clicked the link mentally add a different "h-word" than head?

I was hoping it would be "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your hoo-has."
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I have at least 1 body shot (used to have two but might have removed one can't remember) on here, I just set my main picture as my face a) because it's true I don't like showing off my body, but I like my face, b) I can't stretch my arms far enough or have a side tall enough to stand a camera with a timer on for a body shot, and c) my face does show my weight loss progress, I've gone from having a baby face to having some visible cheekbones :D

OP I appreciate you're post (nice to see you think about people :D) but whilst I don't mind having body shots up for people to see on my profile, I prefer to just show off my face publicly for the time being :)

Edit: There are two, I checked, well as full body shot as other people have taken of me when I've been out xD
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have not one body picture that I can think of in the last few years that I took myself. My sister managed to get one on new years eve but only becuase I was buzzed. Other than that there are two. One that I allowed a good friend of mine to take at the beginning of my journey and one I let my neice take because she begged me. I have no Idea where any of the pictures are nor do I have any interest in finding out at this point. As I loose weight I am sure I will look for them so that I can compare but for now they will remain archived with the rest. :noway:
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my profile pic is of a pastel painting I did that I rather liked. :) It's not the best one I've ever done, but still, something about it is appealing to me. It didn't actually occur to me to find a picture of myself, either head or full body, which is weird because I have pictures of myself on other things so it's not like I'm bothered much by it, and it is a weight loss site so it would make sense. But I like this one for now.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else read, "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your h" before you clicked the link mentally add a different "h-word" than head?

I was hoping it would be "To all the ladies out there who have photos solely of your hoo-has."
    The first thing that popped into my mind was "husband". I couldn't think of anyone who had a pic of her husband unless she was in it too. (Hoo-has would have been much better.)

I have posted full-length pics as well as face shots. While I'm not shy or ashamed of my body, neither am I here to show it off every time I make a comment. I'd much rather show you my potted plant. (That's not a euphemism.)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. :flowerforyou:

This!!
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use the head shot for a couple reasons....1 is that this is my main profile pic, and as another poster said, when we talk to people we look at their faces, so that's a good reason to post a head shot.....2 is that I really like this pic, and it makes me feel good to see it. :) I have body shots in my other pictures on my profile, since I'm keeping track of my progress. As of right now, I have my original start (before) pic and 1 progress pic at 20 lbs lost. Another 5 lbs and I'll take a 3rd when I reach my half way mark! :) YAY!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    there body shot (hyperventilating now) lol some"body" save me!:bigsmile:
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your typical FB bathroom shot may give some people the wrong idea. While most young people do that pose, it is not a typical camera pose. I switched my photo after you posted this, because I realized the picture that inspired me to lose the weight in the first place (this one) would probably be more motivational than my happy head shot. I was horrified when my future dil posted this one on FB. I was skinny all my life, so I was afraid what my friends from the past would think. I am looking forward to posting AFTER shots!! Thank you for your encouragement. I must admit my first impression was also that you were hoping for lots of pics of young women's bodies. Good luck to you!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

LMAO. My first thought was Hinny.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm saving my body shot for a before/after
  • ItsJenn32
    Options
    Whateva
  • Brian001
    Options
    there body shot (hyperventilating now) lol some"body" save me!:bigsmile:

Lol, this quote reminded me of the old smallville theme song by remy zero. Sorry had to get that out there. But great job on the body shot even though it wasnt your first choice! I dont think anyone has anything to hide from MFP, we just want to be supportive and helpful! =D
  • Brian001
    Options
    Whats it matter to you what picture(s) we post? you think your some gods gift or something? it's not really your business so grow up.

I never once got the impression that i was. I know im not. It says on my home page that i was always the chubby kid. I was just trying to support people on their weight loss journeys. Never ever forced anyone to. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    AND also in response to those who have gotten on me for not having a shot of my face as a profile picture, it is in a previous picture but for intensive purposes, i will now go and take one of my whole body(including head)
    For intensive purposes?

I think he meant for all intents and purposes :-)