If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options
If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE to someone seeking to lose weight, what would it be?

Don't cheat! Just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE per post.

Here's mine: if you drink alcohol or fruit juice, cut it down to one glass per week. :smile:

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Focus on hitting your end of day targets in calories and macronutrients above all else.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale. You're probably underestimating what you're actually eating.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Move as much as possible
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Focus on hitting your end of day targets in calories and macronutrients above all else.
    Damn you!

People can start here. READ and get enlightened!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Only follow a program that you can envision following for the rest of your life.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Damn you!

People can start here. READ and get enlightened!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Hehe.

I'm going to eat a couple of sandwiches to give you time to even the score. =)
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you fancy a little treat and it fits in your limits, then go for it. If not you'll end up feeling deprived and binge.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Be realistic about your expectations.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    control portions
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    take it one day or even meal/workout at a time. The BIG picture can be overwhelming.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Here is my advice To the younger crowd.. What you do and don't do now, will affect you when your older.
  • shakenit
    Options
    Wake up hungry. Different from going to bed hungry when the last meal was just a few hours back. In the morning, It seems that your body should be hungry 8-12 hours after its last meal... unless that meal was too big. I consider waking up hungry a great signal.
  • chuckiephudd
    chuckiephudd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    keep a positive attitude so you can stay on track during your weight loss journey!!!!
  • mrsstr0501
    mrsstr0501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to watch for the NSV's.....Non scale victories. Some days/weeks you may not see progress on the scale but remember that there are other ways to determine weight loss. Loss of inches, fitting into those jeans that were once to small, etc., all add up!! Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Your journey is a life change not a diet.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Be brutally honest about how many calories you are ingesting
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise buddy and keep each other accountable!
  • DADMUTH
    DADMUTH Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    water lots of water
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Listen to YOUR body. There are a lot of "experts" on here. So many people tout the "right" way to lose weight. Unfortunately they miss the fact that people are different and an eating plan that works for one person doesn't work for another. There are very few absolutes in dieting. Get ideas from everyone, experiment, and then do what works for you.

One personal example is "you have to eat breakfast" because you will eat more later if you don't, you need to jumpstart your metabolism...whatever. I am example of someone who has had great success (before I gained a lot of weight these last 6 months from excessive night eating -oops) losing weight and staying thin long term on a meal plan where I consistenly and almost always skip breakfast. I tried breakfast of many sorts and skipping it is absolutely best for me. (besides my coffee and skim milk)

So, some tips I get on here work for me...some don't and that's just life.