If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    burn more calories than you take in

Errrr.... no.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    MY ONE PIECE OF ADVICE: Set short-term achievable goals so you can see that you are moving forward.

HOW I WOULD EXPLAIN IT: If you set a goal of "I will lose 50 pounds this year", that is a challenging goal! Frustration will set in and your progress will stall from time to time. Sure, that big goal is doable, but if you don't have short-term goals as well, you lack intermediate victories to recharge your enthusiasm. Nobody goes from fluffy to fit overnight! Short term goals are the mile posts on the way to the the long-term goal.

You will more easily get frustrated and give up than if you set small goals, such as "I will lose four pounds this month" or "I will work out three times this week."
  • nantus
    Options
    If you have a bad day and end up cheating on your diet, don't give up!!! Just move on and continue...everyone has one of those days!!!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love yourself enough to know that you are worth it!
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Be consistent (don't give up). It takes time to put the weight on and it "should" take some time to take it off.
  • jessicart77
    Options
    Don't starve yourself and make sure you treat yourself sometimes.
  • thebrownstead
    thebrownstead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I finally know what a NSV is now!!
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Never give up.
  • rickpick99
    Options
    one day at a time, don't expect to loose 10lbs in a week. Be realistic, and stay the course.
  • optional1
    optional1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    make one short term goal a week, it feels so good when you hit it! :bigsmile:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good or bad, Log your food/exercise EVERY day
  • Otis08052005
    Otis08052005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ideal Protein
  • pamelam5k
    Options
    Track everything you eat truthfully.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    Plan your food for the day. Pack your breakfast, snacks and lunch for the day so you know exactly what you are going to consume while away from home and then plan a healthy dinner. I am a food lover, so this has been so important to me. I look forward to dinner because I know what I'm eating and I am not tempted to go out for fast food during the day.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    Never give up.

Love this!
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. You did not gain the weight in a few weeks or months, so don't expect to lose it that fast. Stick to the program, be consistent and you will reach your goals.
  • knelson422
    Options
    Whether you are feeling discouraged or good about your progress, I think it is a great idea to periodically re-read the sections of your profile where you outlined the reasons you want to get in shape, and your inspirations.

Doing this will help to re-invigorate you with determination to see this journey through. If you have Christ in your life, remember that He will finish any work He starts in you, as long as you are faithful to Him. Remember that we are all works-in-progress and change doesn't come immediately. Celebrate the milestones you reach and notice how far you have come since you started
    Thanks, I needed to hear this today. I am 12 pounds away, and stuck. I have not included Christ in this very much, and see that I really need His help. Thanks for the reminder, I should have thought of that to begin with.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Never quit!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    workout on your period.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    once you believe you can, you will.