If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• 41degsouth
    Options
    Know how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight, and how many calories you're actually eating and burning. Almost everything else you think you know about weight gain and weight loss is just confusion, smoke and mirrors, designed to sell books and products you don't need.
  • SweetOzarksGirl
    Options
    Don't believe the myth that you can't get rid of cellulite. I ate low fat and non-fat for a year and my cellulite is gone. I know they say it's still there, maybe so, but I can't find it.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    make smart, nutritional food choices while sticking to your calorie goal. Simple as that!!!
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    bump for later :wink:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Move as much as possible

I agree with this guy...Get up and Move!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    fruit and veggies and water every day. You want that piece of chocolate cake? Eat it ..then eat that apple beside it :) Within cals of course :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise regularly.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Eat above your BMR and below your AMR - unless of course, you enjoy plateauing and losing muscle
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Dont take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Make good choices NOW, in the moment. Don't worry about later today, tomorrow or otherwise. Make a good decision based on what you can right this moment.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Focus on today.
  • halovapor
    Options
    Remember this is a lifestyle change and not a diet\exercise to lose weight. Be patient and work hard.
    The results will come over time.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Dont cut every little bit of fatty/sugary foods out of your diet, just moderate it, then your less likely to fall off the wagon and a diet can still be enjoyable
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Two things:

(1) BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING- that means what your body can do, the nutrition in the food you eat, the fun you have riding your bike under a starry sky, playing frisbee with the kids, the clean house after you SLAYED it with your amazing house-cleaning skillz, your lungs, your heart, your life!

(2) Repeat this mantra: "SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE"- Slow because it's gonna take time, steady because you just can't give up. Keep pluggin' away.

I think if you do both of these things, you will love being fit and eating healthy. It won't be a diet or a chore, it'll be the joyous living of life and you can rejoice in the benefits and someday look back at where you once were and wonder who that person is and how did they ever get there in the first place?!!?!?!?!

[i talk a lot in person too]
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Count every single calorie and don't cheat yourself!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Eat foods you enjoy! Just eat less than you used to.
  • alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself. No one else.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    The less processed the food, the better it likely is
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel. It's not love, it's not a friend, and it's not the enemy.