If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Most dieters slip up and get completely derailed. They have all or nothing attitudes. They say things like "well, I blew it and binged. I suck. I'll start again next week"

Successful dieters say "*kitten*, I ate too much." but they get back on track at the very next meal. So my advice is: be a dieting rock star! Be flexible and ditch the all or nothing attitude.
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When you feel discouraged, or hit a plateau, remember where you started, and look at how far you have come since then...admire what your body is capable of doing that it wasn't able to do before. Your worth as a person comes from so much more than a number on a scale.
    ~xoxo~
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Be committed. Logging 4 days a week will not show results.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Strength train
  • renny_xoxo
    Options
    Log everything. Even if it was just a "bite of this" a "piece of that"! It all has calorie and carbs!!!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead with what your eating, so you don't get caught out calories/fat/carb wise
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Take before pictures.
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation................. including moderation. Don't beat yourself up over an occasional blowout .:blushing:
  • dwesterholt
    dwesterholt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No carbs after 3pm!
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    mine would be: STFU and lift!!!!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    COMMITMENT. COMMITMENT. COMMITMENT. You are wasting your time and accomplishing nothing half stepping on this journey.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Ever.
  • ShawnaP22
    Options
    If you have a horrible day and eat everything in sight, that is not a reason to give up. The next day, get right back on you diet! Everyone has a bad day. You can overcome it, too.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Focus first and foremost on being healthy - the scale, your measurements, and everything else is secondary to your health.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Focus first and foremost on being healthy - the scale, your measurements, and everything else is secondary to your health.
    Absolutely
  • mrsgroove
    Options
    OHHH. Great topic! Here goes.

Be nice to yourself, especially when you first start this journey. If you "mess up", log the calories, forgive yourself the indiscrections,
    get up the next day and try again. And the next and the next. If you want to be good at something you have to practice and no one gets it right everyday. We all get better at healthy living with practice and self care. Peace and love to you on YOUR journey.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Always have a plan, everyday, so you don't sabotage your healthy eating habits
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Be reasonable. In everything you do be reasonable. Be reasonable about diet, exercise, and "support" from people around you (aka let them eat what they want and you just eat what you want and shut up about them).
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Never EVER give up!
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat slowly.