So ladies....

Options
JustFloorIt
JustFloorIt Posts: 19 Member
How important is a mans height to you? I was having a discussion on this with a friend the other night. Do you think its important, somewhat important or not important at all?

Replies

• muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Most of the girls I know, & including myself, prefer a guy to be atleast her height or taller :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Umm... somewhat. In general I don't like guys shorter than me but that doesn't mean I never have before. Girls usually end up seriously liking a guy based off emotional reasons, on the way he carries himself , and the way he treats them. Seriously. So height doesn't have to be a huge barrier! Initially it could be. For me personally...no more than an inch shorter, I'm not super tall
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've always had a prefernce for a guy who is taller and bigger.... but my husband is about an inch shorter than me and I wouldn't change him for the world.
    As with all physical things, it's easy to have a preference but it really is the personality and heart that matters.
  • alyseragauskas
    alyseragauskas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    for me height isn't a huge thing, but if i get to chose i would like for him to be taller than me. but in the long run as long as the guy is nice and treats me right and someone that i can love, the height is not what will be on my mind. :)
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    What's a guy for, again? :blushing: ok; preferrably my height or taller.:noway:LOL!
  • kylieox
    Options
    Most of the girls I know, & including myself, prefer a guy to be atleast her height or taller :)

Completely agree with this.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Seriously important. must be tall enough that i can wear my heels and still be significantly shorter. it helps that i'm only 5'3"
  • fguillory
    Options
    i prefer taller than me, but i've never met a guy shorter than me before so can't really say for sure. I am only 5'2 though not hard to be taller than me. Of course now a days i'll take anyone with a pulse

/shot.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    height isnt that important to me, but then again i am only 5'5, so for the most part the average guy i date will be taller than me even if i wear heels.

but i have several friends who are 5'9 and over. height is more important to them it seems i guess because they are closer to the average guy's height. oh and i read somewhere that the average height for men in america was 5'10
  • McMommyx3
    Options
    My husband & I are both 5'5", we've been married almost 11 years. I still wish he were taller than me LOL I know I cant change it, but it does bother me that I am taller than him in heels so I rarely wear them around him. It didn't deter me from marrying him though! :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

same...
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and prefer my guy to be 5'8-6'0 cause it makes some things easier and some things cuter.. Like kisses and... other things haha
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    No. I'm 6' and my husband is 6'4 and muscled up. But, I have seriously dated men far shorter then me. Manly acting is important. Short is not a problem. Whimpy on the other hand.....
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It is not a big deal.

Some of the biggest dbags I have ever known were tall. I prefer a nice smart witty man over tall. Height is not a factor.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eb and flow with this one. I'm 5'5" and I PREFER a taller man (over 5'10") but it is NOT a non-negotiable.
  • sammybear521
    sammybear521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like taller but sometimes it is very hard because I am 5'11. I love being able to look up to a guy. But at the same time if I found someone shorter and I love them then I guess it won't matter much.. :smile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    im 4'10"...

if a guy is 5'4" or taller, im fine. But...my height? Sorry. o-o

my preferred height for a guy is around 5'6"-5'8"
  • ljmarceau
    Options
    I always say I don't care because I'm 5'1", so no man is really AS short as me...but all my boyfriends and now my fiance have been 6' or taller...
  • lillmssy
    Options
    How important is a mans height to you? I was having a discussion on this with a friend the other night. Do you think its important, somewhat important or not important at all?
    Somewhat important......but I'm only 5'1 so really never worried about it :smile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    As I am 5ft 10in, fairly important. I need to look a guy in the eye, so he has to be no shorter than 5 ft 9in. Oddly, I have never really gone for very tall guys.