So ladies....

Options

Replies

• brittnicoledav
    Options
    I'm super short, so every guy ive dated is taller than me but that doesnt mean much lol. but my boyfriend is about a foot taller than me lol. I dont think height matters too much to most girls, some of my friends have boyfriends that are about their height or even shorter, its just never been an issue with my five foot tall self :)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I prefer him to be taller but have dated men my height and shorter if we really clicked.. Im 5'9"
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It used to be an issue - I'd only go for taller guys. My hubs is 3 inches shorter than me. Realized *kitten* like that just wasn't important.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i prefer humor and brains over anything but however i like tall and im lucky that my hubby is tall im 5'6 and he is 6'3 is awesome ....
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the scene in Sixteen Candles where Long Duk Dong dances with Marlene and his head comes up to her boobs - lol.

I prefer taller guys, but shorter is not a deal breaker. Last guy was an inch shorter than me. At 5'8" I'm not that tall, but tall enough that a lot of guys are my height or a bit shorter.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Shorter than 5'1? No thanks. =)
    At leaste 5'7, I'd wanna be at least as tall as him when I'm wearing stripper heels.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and would prefer someone the same height or taller. I wouldn't turn down a great guy because of height though.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i would like a guy to be taller than me, but not above 6 ft. i'm only 5'3". so, say 5'5" to 6'
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter although (like many other posters have mentioned) since I'm 5'4", finding guys who are taller than me really isn't an issue. I don't really have a preference for either but I seem to date guys in the mid height range. My ex husband was 5'5.5" and my current SO is 5'9". My current SO actually even weighs less than me (he has a really slender built and it's only by a few lbs).
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Most of the girls I know, & including myself, prefer a guy to be atleast her height or taller :)

THIS!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well I am vertically challenged (5'2") so in general it is easy for me to find a guy taller than me. I do prefer if I am able to lay my head on their chest when they hold me.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I'm 5'3", so as long as He's over 5'8", then I'm good... The BF is 5'10" so it works... : ))
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall. My usual type is 6'3-6'7 & over 220lbs. But my boyfriend is exactly my height & I am OK with that :) Just means that I don't break out my heels as often lol
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Not, i'm 5'9 and i've dated a guy that was 6'7(maybe 6'8) and a guy that was 4'0 and pretty much everything in between and i married a guy that has a 1/2 inch taller than me. so doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It's all about who YOU are.:wink:
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I use to be "He has to be taller than me". I believed this because it made me feel small. My current boyfriend (hopefully future husband and father of my future children... I'm crazy for him) is actually about 1-2 inches shorter than me. I'm only 5'4". I hardly ever notice and when I do it's not a big deal. It's honestly about what is inside.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Most of the girls I know, & including myself, prefer a guy to be atleast her height or taller :)

I couldn't have said it better Myself!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Height has never been a huge issue with me...As long as the guy is taller than me when I wear heels, I'm good. It is hard to find a guy who is shorter than me...I'm only 5 feet 1/12!!!!
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    I prefer a guy to be taller than me (my husband is about 5-6 inches taller than me). But honestly, the more important thing is that they aren't a beanpole. No offense to bean poles--- I think Adrian Brody is really sexy--- but, the idea of my thighs being way bigger than a guys is just unsettling. Haha.

My older sister is 5'9"... so is her boyfriend, but somehow (maybe because she's a girl and he's a guy?), she seems taller than him. But I don't think it's an issue to either one of them. It's kinda silly when she wears heels.
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really like bigger, taller guys. I'm 5'3" and my husband is 6'4". I don't think I ever dated anyone under 6ft, but it wasn't like being shorter was a dealbreaker.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    what a conincidence....i was talking to some poeple about this this weekend too. height never crosses my mind as a barrier....