So ladies....

Options

Replies

• jac2lyn
    Options
    I prefer a guy that is taller and has nice broad shoulders, lol. As long as I can wear a pair of good heels and the guy is taller, I am good with it!!:wink:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in college I greatly preferred taller men. However this was my own insecurity. I like feeling small. Growing up I'd always been bigger than the boys and it made me feel weird.

My husband, however is my height (He's lucky I was drinking when I met him :wink: ). I like it.

And oddly, I find myself not caring about the height of men I'm checking out anymore. If I were single, it wouldn't be an issue now that I'm older and more secure. I was totally checking out some 5'4" dude at the gym the other day (I'm 5'9").
  • Beccaliebchen
    Beccaliebchen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't really mind. Usually if a guy lacks in height he makes up for it in other ways. However, I must stress this point, if the guy has a "Napoleon Complex" he is out the door. It's not the height, it's the way you handle it.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Seriously important. must be tall enough that i can wear my heels and still be significantly shorter. it helps that i'm only 5'3"

You are the type that steals all the tall men from us tall girls!!
    :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am about 2 or 3 inches taller than my hubby. Yes I would feel more comfortable if he were taller than me.
    But his good heart & character make him a giant.
    I don't wear heels anymore, too hard on the feet. He's never seen me in heels anyway.

Side note: When I was dating, I always preferred taller men.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I prefer a guy to be taller than me (my husband is about 5-6 inches taller than me). But honestly, the more important thing is that they aren't a beanpole. No offense to bean poles--- I think Adrian Brody is really sexy--- but, the idea of my thighs being way bigger than a guys is just unsettling. Haha.

My older sister is 5'9"... so is her boyfriend, but somehow (maybe because she's a girl and he's a guy?), she seems taller than him. But I don't think it's an issue to either one of them. It's kinda silly when she wears heels.

Threadjack - we totally have the same pic! I was thinking, I really don't remember posting in this thread twice :laugh:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Somewhat important, for a guy to be at least as tall as I am.

As in, being shorter than me is not something I would say I find "attractive" but then there are tons of other traits that make a person more attractive both physically and as part of their personality.
    I would prefer a decent guy, who I get on with and treats me well, but who is shorter than me, than a guy who is taller than me but is a jerk. It's just a strong preference to have them taller and bigger than me :smile:

Edit: I'm 5'8, my bf is around 5'9-10.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've never dated someone shorter than me...maybe one or two the same height...I've never thought of it though...I guess I'd prefer them to be taller and "wider" than me...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter... my boyfriend happens to be a bit taller than me though.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Important, but not so important. I dated a guy that as about 2 inches shorter than me one time. HE was the one who had issues with me being taller than him. So that relationship was pretty retarded and i wouldnt date someone shorter than me ever again. He was 5'2. I am 5'4. I usually go for guys that are about 5'7 - 5'10 ish. I have dated taller but I just prefer that they be 5'7-5'10. My husband is 5'10 but he was 5'9 when we stared dating. If I werent married I would probably date someone my height if I liked him.

I like to wear 6 inch heels (with a platform, not disco style. think jeffery cambpells Litas) and I like it when I am as tall as my husband. Heh heh heh...
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I've always preferred a taller, bigger man. In fact tall, dark, and handsome is pretty much my type. :happy: Thank goodness I finally met one! lol :love:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'3". There is no way I could date someone shorter than me. I just couldn't. My husband is 6'2", we started dating when I was only 15 (I'm now almost 32) so the boys I dated before him were all much shorter than him because they were only 12-14. LOL

Honestly, I can't imagine myself with anyone other than my husband so really it is hard for me to say, but I just don't think I would find someone shorter than me attractive.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy that is 6'7". I'm 5'1" so my face came right to his belly button. Lucky him, right? :wink:

My current bf is 5'10" but is big. If he'd go back to working out he'd be scary lol. And he's strong, he's arms are bigger than my whole head!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I really do like them to be my height or taller. Im 5 11 though so that limits things a little bit.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I prefer someone I am dating to be taller - I am 5 7, My ex husband was 6 4 and that is still the size I am attracted to--the taller the better, and it would be a rare case to be "too tall" :)
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall. A taller man is a preference, not a requirement. Among others, financially stable is a requirement.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I really do like them to be my height or taller. Im 5 11 though so that limits things a little bit.

But this is why us tall ladies need to get over our own insecurities and date shorter men. Think of all the good guys we are missing by restricting ourselves.

I also hear short dudes are better in bed. :wink:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    its the person in the shoes that matters! now how tall they are =)
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Because I'm 5'8 I really like a taller man...like 6 feet and up.

However, I have dated some wonderful men in my life that were my height or a bit shorter. Height, in general, will not make or break whether I'm attracted to a man.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter at all. we're all the same height laying down. (coming from a 6' tall woman who dated a guy who was 5'4) promise. not all of us care. And YES, i still rocked the heels.