How to handle a boy bully against girls?

Options
12346»

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I would start lightly, but have backup plans in place. Talking to the school would be step 1. If that produces no results, a certified letter to the school demanding action would be step 2. A letter from an attorney would be step 3. And finally, I would change schools if necessary to eliminate the problem and follow up legally.

Also, I always taught my kids that they are NEVER to hit another person out of anger or meanness, BUT if they are hit, they have absolute permission to defend themselves. Additionally, I showed them how deal with a bully...moving away, moving close to an adult, firm statement to leave me alone, using ipod, dumb stare, and broken record tactics. And if it gets physical, DEFEND..both physically and verbally.

Sadly, bullying doesn't end when a child graduates. There are bullies throughout life and it is important to learn how to deal with them without losing our integrity.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    the school isnt going to do shlt.. they're only out to cover their own @ss. take this to the police, file a complaint for harassment, let the police handle it.. the school will not give you satisfaction.

Sadly, I agree about the school. You always hear about how parents go to the school and nothing happens until it's too late and someone really ends up hurt. Watch or read the news and you'll find a story every day about how a parent kept going to the school and they did nothing.

This is because it's not a news story when the school nips it in the bud and reprimands the bully. I'm not going to state emphatically that this school WILL do something, but he definitely should start there.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Get your daughter into kickboxing and if someone tries to bully her TRUST ME they won't do it a 2ns time! Parents need to step up and his little *kitten* needs an old fashion!!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think that a fifth grader threatening murder of another classmates parents is seriously off? The fact that his parent, a religious teacher, took it so lightly also gives me weird vibes. Is it possible he is crying out for help in the only way he knows how? To act the way he is treated at home? I know its possible that hes just a rotten kid but sometimes their are extenuating circumstances. Like kids who shoot up their schools and we find out later that they were bullied mercilessly with no intervention from the parents of the bullies or support from the school. Protect your daughters by getting on the schools case and keeping the situation at the forefront with all involved but dont be so quick to judge the boy. I personally knew a boy that was extremely aggressive and angry. He also defecated in his pants often all the way up to middle school. Later we discovered his father was raping him throughout his childhood. It wasnt until he was strong enough to fight back physically that it stopped. Please pay attention to the children around you. Some may just be looking for someone to save them.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I got bullied by boys all the time when I was in elementary school. I got talked out alot because I wasn't pretty and "normal" looking like all the other girls. It did alot of damage to my self esteem but I never said anything to anyone because I still was friends with everyone... It's just I wasn't "pretty" .. But for some reason everyone wanted to be my friend so I guess it wasnt a big deal to me at the time.

But what I know now as an adult and have studied about bullying etc., I wish I would have let my patents know and other adults know. Those boys went everyday thinking it was ok to do that. It's important that children today report all incidents of bullying. Nowadays kids are just smart and they are exposed to so much and at a very young age; they know about guns, hurting someone, how to plan attacks, etc. It's really sad nowadays
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    when i was a child i was beat up by a few boys... and then as an adult i was beat up by a man.... i suggest learning self defense... and carrying pepper spray.

daughters need to be taught at a young age how to defend themselves and what is acceptable and what is NEVER acceptable.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    As a parent, you need to what is best for your little girl. Getting her or yourself kicked off the bus, out of school or in jail is not the best option.

I would talk to the school and let them know your concerns. I would also talk to the bus driver. You may have to call the bus company to do so. The school should have that number. This boy should not be allowed on the bus if he is being diruptive.

I think that how you handle this is going to teach your daughter how to handle men when she gets older. It is very important, what you are doing for her.

I wish you the best of luck. She has a good dad looking out for her.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think that a fifth grader threatening murder of another classmates parents is seriously off? The fact that his parent, a religious teacher, took it so lightly also gives me weird vibes. Is it possible he is crying out for help in the only way he knows how? To act the way he is treated at home? I know its possible that hes just a rotten kid but sometimes their are extenuating circumstances. Like kids who shoot up their schools and we find out later that they were bullied mercilessly with no intervention from the parents of the bullies or support from the school. Protect your daughters by getting on the schools case and keeping the situation at the forefront with all involved but dont be so quick to judge the boy. I personally knew a boy that was extremely aggressive and angry. He also defecated in his pants often all the way up to middle school. Later we discovered his father was raping him throughout his childhood. It wasnt until he was strong enough to fight back physically that it stopped. Please pay attention to the children around you. Some may just be looking for someone to save them.

Yes! That is not language I'd ever expect to hear come out of a young child's mouth unless something was SERIOUSLY off. Hopefully it's nothing as drastic as the boy you knew, but I certainly think he needs regular counselling when all this has been sorted out. To be that aggressive and to use language like that at any age is bad, but to use it as a young child is very strange and disturbing.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    FOLLOW UP...

OK, we had a talk with the principal. She said she was going to have a meeting with the parents of the boy and tell them that their son was on probation for the rest of the year, and could possibly be expelled if his son committed a serious offense.

Now to the WEIRD part..... the boy asked the girl he called the "C Word", to go out on a date with him.....
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like the school is taking it very seriously. Good for them. I've had issues on the school bus with my 7-year old who, along with a bunch of his peers, was being bullied by a 5th grader. After having a less than satisfying outcome during the meeting with the principal, I now drive him to and from school. Good for you for taking care of it.