Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    For those who think that they only lose weight at 1200 calories and they exercise ..... you need to read this thread below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

Didn't we have a discussion in january where you said you were not eating your exercise calories and those who were eating more were crazy!!!! ??? What made you change your mind?
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    For those who think that they only lose weight at 1200 calories and they exercise ..... you need to read this thread below:

Didn't we have a discussion in january where you said you were not eating your exercise calories and those who were eating more were crazy!!!! ??? What made you change your mind?

Education, my own personal hunger, lack of energy for my workouts and women on here with fantastic bodies who eat more than 1800 calories a day. That is what changed my mind. I have not stopped reading and learning and I think this is the right way.... :)
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Education, my own personal hunger, lack of energy for my workouts and women on here with fantastic bodies who eat more than 1800 calories a day. That is what changed my mind. I have not stopped reading and learning and I think this is the right way.... :)

Excellent attitude! I try to keep an open mind as well. How has your weight loss progressed since uping your calories or did you just start this as well?
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    I have just started this , been slowly sneaking my calories up the past few weeks but just started eating well this past week. The energy I have for my workouts is incredible. My run on Monday night was amazing. !!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I might be bragging, but...... yeah, I've lost 3lbs in 2 weeks eating 2500 calories a day. Weight lifting is awesome.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Awesome attitude.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Wonderfull :) Color me very happy. Sometime I get tired of saying "eat more, feed your body, stop starving yourself" but you are the proof that it is worth it :)
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    I might be bragging, but...... yeah, I've lost 3lbs in 2 weeks eating 2500 calories a day. Weight lifting is awesome.

wooo hooo !!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I gain weight so easily that I don't think I'll ever be able to eat 1800 calls a day. :( I am envious!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Helpppp someone please! I've been stuck in a plateau for a looong while now.

5'3.5, 43 years, 154lbs, desk job (3 days), 2-3 x strength/cardio dvds and 1-2 x leisure walks a week (40mins).

How many calories a day please?
  • tabinmaine
    Options

5'3.5, 43 years, 154lbs, desk job (3 days), 2-3 x strength/cardio dvds and 1-2 x leisure walks a week (40mins).

BMR: 1418 calories at rest
    TDEE: 2198 calories

I would eat 1700 on rest days and 1700 calories on workout days plus eat all of your exercise calories back
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi again,

My stats are 4'11" and I weigh 127lbs trying to get to 106, 112 if toned.

I'm mostly sedentary (sp?) but try to work out 3 days a week buring 300 cals (according to gym machines)

So I would very much welcome evidence that 1067 is too low for my bmr! :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

You rock- that is all :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I gain weight so easily that I don't think I'll ever be able to eat 1800 calls a day. :( I am envious!

I thought I was the same way- I ate 1000 cals and ballooned- why was I different? Well, I wasn't- it just took a while for my metabolism to catch back up. Upthread there is a link to a "Why can't I lose on 700 cals' type thread. It mirrors my experience almost exactly.

I stopped eating so my metabolism slowed, then I tried to eat like 'normal' and I gained weight- but I still wasn't eating enough and I didn't give it enough time. I gained ten pounds last week from finally getting my cals where they should be- and now I've lost that ten PLUS another pound and I have SO much energy it's amazing. I was a couch potato partly because I had damaged my body's ability to trust that I would feed it enough fuel to do what I was asking it to do.

Give it a month at eating 1800 and I bet you'll amaze yourself.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Me! I eat close to 2000 every day. Food is fuel! It is not our enemy. No need to starve yourself! Good luck on your journey I think you have the right idea!
  • lacystucky
    Options
    bump. This is very interesting!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options

BMR: 1418 calories at rest
    TDEE: 2198 calories

I would eat 1700 on rest days and 1700 calories on workout days plus eat all of your exercise calories back

Thank you:bigsmile:
  • rouleaux
    Options
    Just thought I could pick your minds... I have been eating around 1400 cal/day during the week (MFP recommends 1240, but that's just too low for me!) but on the weekends... considerably more (2500 cal+ - still hit my macros but am adding in a few *cough* glasses of red wine and baked goodies).. I lift (relatively heavy) 3-4 days per week, and perhaps 1-2 days of cardio (I dislike cardio immensely)... I was doing good with weight loss, down 7 pound in the first 2 months, but now I have hit a plateau ... no weight loss, no inches lost for the last month.

My goal is not so much to lose weight, but to decrease my body fat - currently at 25%, but would like to have it down to 20% (maybe unrealistic?). My BMR is 1390 and Maintenance is 1980.... I was thinking of increasing my daily calorie consumption (to 1600-1800) but my question is - will my indulgence on the weekends prevent me from loosing fat? Should I try to keep my calories lower during the week to compensate for the weekend "binge"? Or should I just suck it up and be better at turning down red wine? It doesn't help that often the sat/sun are my "rest" days...
  • aeberly01
    aeberly01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump. love reading this, gotta finish it later.
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    Me! I eat close to 2000 every day. Food is fuel! It is not our enemy. No need to starve yourself! Good luck on your journey I think you have the right idea!

Your body rocks !!