Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    This thread just made me go eat a Luna bar.
    THANKS!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    This thread just made me go eat a Luna bar.
    THANKS!

hehe good !!
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    My diary is public, you can take a look at it. i eat anywhere from 1700-2000 calories.

i've lost 30lbs so far, went from a size 16 pants to a size 11(and they're getting baggy) and an XXL top to a L

from this
    meaug1shirt.jpg

to this
    jan19-2-1.jpg

Great job !! Are you exercising too or just eating your calories ??
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this thread! I upped my calories about 2 weeks ago and have been having luck. Haven't checked this week-dreaded TOM and the scale and I just don't get along. My trainer actually told me to eat around 2300 a day, but I'm usually around 1800-1900. And I burn between 300-500 5 days a week at the gym. 3 days of lifting, 2 of fat burning cardio.

I'm interested in having more friends that eat like this, so feel free to friend me!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, you can take a look at it. i eat anywhere from 1700-2000 calories.

i've lost 30lbs so far, went from a size 16 pants to a size 11(and they're getting baggy) and an XXL top to a L

from this

Great job !! Are you exercising too or just eating your calories ??

I exercise as well. I was bicycling before it got cold and now all through the winter i've been doing different Jillian Michaels dvds
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat right around 2000. I eat back most of my exercise calories. I'm 5' 8" or so and am still looking to lose at least another 35 lbs. I run 6 days a week. My calorie goal without running is 1610 with a 500 calorie deficit per day.
  • ShellyAnnPaulson
    Options
    Okay, so I'm 45 years old, 5'1 and weigh 206. I haven't started exercising yet. I know, I know I need to. I will soon. I really will. How many calories should I be eating? When I eat around 1200 I don't lose. I think I lose when I stay close to 1400 but should I be eating more? Or should I keep it lower until I start working out?
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've shed over 130 pounds and decreased my body fat from 56% to 23%

I eat an average of 2000-ish calories/day now - usually more.

Then:
    37600_139117492784657_100000592214278_278412_3914396_n.jpg?t=1313509239

Now:
    106_0702.jpg
    017-6.jpg?t=1330218788
    **Please ignore the ugly tummy skin (side effect of shedding massive amounts of weight after being obese for years after having a 9 pound child at the ripe old age of 18)

Don't be silly you have done so well- look at your arms! Your body fat is way lower than mine too!

I think you look amazing and would not likely have noticed!!! I agree with the above poster, your arms look great - well done!! :flowerforyou:

To the OP - thank you sooo much for this post, great information here and it is good to see what people have accomplished with higher caloric intake.

you look great!! i so hope to get that tiny of a tummy, and be proud of your tummy. Somewhere on this site i read be proud of your strips:flowerforyou:
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    Okay, so I'm 45 years old, 5'1 and weigh 206. I haven't started exercising yet. I know, I know I need to. I will soon. I really will. How many calories should I be eating? When I eat around 1200 I don't lose. I think I lose when I stay close to 1400 but should I be eating more? Or should I keep it lower until I start working out?

Find a BMR calculator on a google search and see what it recommends you eat just to maintain with no daily activities.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i am slowly upping my calories, I managed to eat 1500 today, and hope to do better tom. I love that i can eat more and lose.
    im 5.5 and 165-165 right now.
    lift 3x a week with a trainer
    2 time a week treadmill

lost .5 inches off my c-section below the belly button last week. cant wait to see what this week brings. now i think i will go make some clam dip.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Lots of inspiration here!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Its worth mentioning again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day Best group on MFP, true story!

I don't actually eat 2000 MOST days - I'm not a very high burner, I tend to do 30 minutes of cardio or 45 minutes of weight lifting so I only burn about 250-350 and my job is sit on my butt sedentary but I *still* eat at least 1700-1800 and have lost weight -- more importantly I've lots TONS of body fat, despite how HEAVY I am (165, 5'6") I am relatively lower in bodyfat. Last time I was anywhere near this good looking I weighed 20 lbs less than this. I'm a little bigger now still than I was then but I'd say maybe losing 5 more lbs will put my body where it was even when I weighed 15 pounds less.

MOOSLES!
  • a21smp
    a21smp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1900 cal a day and without excerise I have been able to lose about 22lbs. I'm trying to lose weight slowly so that I keep it off this time. Thanks for the topic.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

My calories are set at 1480, I do cardio 7 days a week and burn about 400-500 per day....I eat about 1800 cals and I was only losing 0.2-0.5 lbs per week. Well, this week I was sick with a cold, I didn't exercise for 2 days and ate 2000 cals for 2 days and guess what.....I got on the scale today and was down 1.2 lbs. So it taught me 2 things, I'm taking a day off to let my body rest and I'm increasing my calorie intake.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this topic too. I've been using a BodyBugg which tells me I don't burn many calories. It tells me to eat 1900 cals/day and that my "goal" to burn everyday is 2400 (I want to lose 1lb/week). Even if I exercise a lot I'm not burning much (according to BodyBugg). So I feel like I've really confused myself in terms of answering the "how many calories should I eat?" question. All I know is I want to eat all the time!

So I decided to shell out the $90 Kaiser charges to test what your basal metabolic rate really is. I'm tired of guessing and wondering if the BodyBugg really works! Hoping I find out I can eat more, but who knows...
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat around 900 net per day because I read on here a while ago that short people shouldn't eat a lot as we don't burn as much. (I'm 4'11"). MFP has 1150 cals a day at 0.8lb a week weightloss for me. It was hard to stick to at first but i'm slowly adjusting. However I don't want to adjust to such a low figure if I could and should be eating more :/

I work out around 3-4 times a week burning 300 cals if the gym machines are to be believed.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    OK I am going to read all these posts. I am getting excited just reading the first few pages. The timing is perfect for me and consider this a long bump. I started my weight loss journey just exercising and it didn't work. I found MFP and started to lose weight. I never used the 2 pound per month setting. I lost well at 1.5 and it even got me out of a plateau but could never stay long at it. However I have tried to lose for the last month and a half with no success. I had my setting higher 1500 ish around the holidays and started to lower it and upping exercise. I have tried not everything but alot. I finally went down to what is my low 1350 calories and then my scale ran out of batteries and when we got it going again I was back up. I probably went down a pound but I keep going back up. I read something that this was a sign your calories are too low. I read a post and it mentioned not eating below your BMR. I too saw something and went to Fat2fit radio since I started to think I have been eating below my BMR for a year and a half. That can't be healthy. Yes I had tried to up my calories to lose but not that high. I just set my calories to above my BMR. I also reset my weight to my high not my low. I have lost from my high but haven't had enough time to see if I will lose more or if I will again go back up. Even if I don't lose I am going to try to keep my calories higher at least for awhile. I have always focused more on exercise. I have lost bodyfat% and inches and sizes but the pounds have been harder to lose. I am fine with slow. I want slow. I just feel I need to lose the weight to be healthy. Health is my goal.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much! I thought it was just me who felt tired/ angry only eating 1200 calories a day. I am going to up my calories to a "normal" level now. Maybe my loss will be slower, but in the very least it wont feel like I want to sleep all the time.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'', net at 1,550 but eat 2,200 on most workout days. My "goals" are set at one pound/week, but I average a 2lb loss per week; the result of eating "more.":flowerforyou: