Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Not even lying I've had more comments on weight loss when I started eating more than when I ate 1200 cals a day!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1800-1900 cals per day and maintaining at 125 lbs!:smile:
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Bump! Just recently upped my calories and loving it. :flowerforyou:
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump!

I feel so less guilty. I feel more normal. 2000/day here. 5'10" 268 lbs. I plan to watch this over the next 4-8 weeks.
  • arrich02
    arrich02 Posts: 19
    Options
    Bump
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump here as well!!! I eat between 2000-2500 calories a day. I do an Hour-an Hour and a half of Cardio 6-7days a week and I strength train 4-5 days a week. I need the extra calories and i love the energy it brings.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Been doing this for 2 weeks and haven't gained an ounce. Maintaining at 135 and 5'5 for now and looking to do a cut in a few months.

My workouts are AWESOME and for the first time in years I'm actually sore and feeling the burn because I have the energy to put more into them. I've been running for 11 years and this is the best I've felt in a while.
    Yay food!
  • DamaliAsabyiKioni
    DamaliAsabyiKioni Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump... for when I start eating more calories
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cheryldavila
    Cheryldavila Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize I needed to up my calories...geez, I have totally blown my intake the last two days, I am STARVING, as if I haven't eaten in days lol...will increase my calorie intake as well...

Is there really hope for a 51 year old woman to flatten a belly??????? I would settle for no muffin top when wearing jeans LOL
  • shed1073
    shed1073 Posts: 5
    Options
    Reading these posts makes so much more sense now. I've been eating about 1200 calories ad have been gaining weight, about 2-3 lbs to be exact just for the past week alone. I will increase my calorie intake to 1600-1800 and see what happens. Actually when I wash't counting calories I was doing well and have lost more. I just ate less carbs. I love this site and this thread :)
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ok - update - I increased my calories from 1300 to 1500 last week and I have more energy for my workouts, but I have gained 2 lbs since. I know I said I was going to give it two weeks and not freak out, but ... I'm kinda freaking out.... Somebody PLEASE talk me down - I really want to cut my calories back again. HELP!!!!! I have this inner dialogue going on - half of me thinks that if I give it another week, it will be ok and I'll go back down, the other half thinks that everyone is different and I shouldn't calculate my calories on what works for everyone else.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Femtec, it might take a little time to adjust. What are you doing for exercise?
    I am planning to start a 3x5 lifting program 3 days per week, but I was going to follow the calorie guidelines of the New Rules of Lifting for Women:
    1. Step 1 - weight in kg
    2. resting metabolic rate - run this equation: 795 + (7.18 x body weight in kilograms) = resting metabolic rate
    3. Step 3 - body mass index - there's a table in the book, so if you don't know your BMI, give me your height (imperial measurements) and your weight (in pounds).
    4. Daily activities multipliers - If your BMI is under 25, your multipliers are: a) no workout = 1.6, b) active workout day = 1,8, c) strenuous work and active workout day = 2.0. HERE IS WHAT YOU EAT: on a non workout day, multiply your Step 2 number by 1.6 and on a workout day, multiply your Step 2 number by 1.8. Those are your calories (for non-workout and workout days, respectively).
    5. Eat like that for ONE MONTH. Then, you can add in a small deficit, perhaps 300 calories per day.

So, going to try it for one month even though it seems really high-1800 for me on rest days!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am running, biking and strength training. I read that book and am currently strength training twice a week so it fits in nicely with my half marathon training. I am working really hard, drinking plenty of water and trying to eat good proteins and carbs - I just can't stand to see the scale go up when it should be going down.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitgirlie13
    fitgirlie13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump! Great insights!
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    HURRAYYYY women on MFP who actually realize that eating more is best! F**K 1200 CALORIES OR LESS!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: