Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yet in the 'eye candy' thread..guys sub 10% bodyfat are praised and admired.

But when it's a woman..they're made fun of for being too thin/ripped.

Every day it still amazes me.

No, I dont like it on guys either. It is too hard and cold looking. It doesn't look like someone that I would be comfortable in their arms. I dont want to snuggle with granite. Besides, I would not want to be next to someone that was in that good of shape and feel inferior or feel like I was never good enough.
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So, why in the world are all the women coming into this thread posting plus size-esque bikini models on a competitive bikini bodybuilder thread?

MFP is a large community of all kinds of people. We all have our differences in opinion on what's beautiful and desirable and what's not. For those of you who like the soft, cuddly heavier women... start your own damn thread and post that girl in the white bikini as your cover model! LMAO.

Kelly Brook a plus sized model??

Oh dear, she's about 118 lbs.

That may have not been the best photo of her but she is nowhere near a plus sized model. FHM would be horrified if they knew that winner of FHM's sexist women was a plus!!

So would all the fitness magazines she appears in, and goodness knows how she has sold so many fitness DVD's.

1278381492-464112.jpg

01.kelly-brook.jpg

She went quite a way thru her pregnancy and lost her baby pic was taken not long after so for her she needs fat for her hormones to work so she can get pregnant again. oops wrong picc I meant the one with white bikini
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    No one asked if you wanted to be like this lady or look like her. Quit hating on someone, just say she looks awesome and she put in the hard work to get there. Off season she doesn't look like that, thats her thing to compete. Bottom line if you don't like it change the channel instead of hating because you are envious but you don't want anyone to know. So tired of haters. Just say she looks great but its not the look I want.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    she is pretty lean and buff for a bikini competitor...normally they are softer than the figure girls, as in this 2011 contest winner amanda latona:
    amandalatona.jpg .

If I had her legs, I probably would never have a running injury ever again!!!! I am so pumped for my next strength training session!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Think she looks FANTASTIC!! Would love it if my legs looked like that...or any part of my body to look like her body...on or off season! she had to have some major dedication to achieve those results!
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

THIS! :) No one likes to cuddle with a bag of forks.

So since we can't label this woman as "fat", let's state the facts. This woman has a higher than "healthy" body fat percentage. Probably in the high 30s, which qualifies as "obese". She's definitely not in a healthy BMI range. So no, it's not "sad" that someone labeled her as "fat". By all scientific definitions she is "fat". She's beautiful and maybe she's a great person, so really her level of body fat is probably not that important. But she is "fat". And this picture is either photo shopped or she's genetically very lucky. Usually fat does lie that smoothly. There'd usually be more "lumps" and cellulite. So this "healthy ideal" is not only NOT healthy but it's not real or achievable for most women.

Secondly, Niner posted this to show what a competitive bikini model looks like. He did NOT say "Women SHOULD look like this". He did NOT say "Post your ideal body here".

Wow, you are way off. 30% body fat? I doubt it. In my before pic to the side, I was at 38% body fat. THAT was obese.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    No, I dont like it on guys either. It is too hard and cold looking. It doesn't look like someone that I would be comfortable in their arms. I dont want to snuggle with granite. Besides, I would not want to be next to someone that was in that good of shape and feel inferior or feel like I was never good enough.

Glad you know something about someone like me. Can I tell you you are wrong in everything you've said?

As for the latter part, that not someone like my fault, its your inferiority complex and taking it out on others.
    The inferiority complex seems to have a tendency to activate hatred. This type of hatred, in turn, is actually a cluster or complex of other feelings and conditions. We are all capable of hatred, but we do not all attempt to totally control (i.e., conquer or convert) others or to hurt those mentally those who refuse to submit (e.g. refuse to reinforce our sense of superiority). This tendency can either escalate into hatred of others, or it can deteriorate into hatred of oneself.

Yours seems the latter.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    O.o
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    she is pretty lean and buff for a bikini competitor...normally they are softer than the figure girls, as in this 2011 contest winner amanda latona:
    amandalatona.jpg .

If I had her legs, I probably would never have a running injury ever again!!!! I am so pumped for my next strength training session!

I love Amanda Latona.......I'd kill to look like her! Work out to look like her? Probably not....I'm too lazy, but kill----yes. LOL! She is amazing. This takes so much hard work!!!
  • kellyledwards12
    Options
    Would love to know what her dietary regimen is. How did she get soooo lean???!!!
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can see how the look of low body fat % could put people off. This is not an everyday norm. These people spill blood, sweat, and tears to get to this level. In the offseason, she looks more like this

stacey_alexander_thumb.jpg

She looks great on and off season!
    The other point is that they try to tense as much as they can to show off their definition in these types of pictures - can tell by her stance for example.

If i was as lean as her i'd need a boob job for sure haha. She looks brilliant! <3
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Yet in the 'eye candy' thread..guys sub 10% bodyfat are praised and admired.

But when it's a woman..they're made fun of for being too thin/ripped.

Every day it still amazes me.

Psh, I wouldn't mind it ONE BIT if my boyfriend was ripped like MFP member Matt_Wild. :blushing:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Glad you know something about someone like me. Can I tell you you are wrong in everything you've said?

As for the latter part, that not someone like my fault, its your inferiority complex and taking it out on others.
    The inferiority complex seems to have a tendency to activate hatred. This type of hatred, in turn, is actually a cluster or complex of other feelings and conditions. We are all capable of hatred, but we do not all attempt to totally control (i.e., conquer or convert) others or to hurt those mentally those who refuse to submit (e.g. refuse to reinforce our sense of superiority). This tendency can either escalate into hatred of others, or it can deteriorate into hatred of oneself.

Yours seems the latter.

Don't worry, my DH knows that some of us wouldn't mind licking Dwayne Johnson from neck to toe. Again, it's all about personal preference.
  • nouveaucow
    Options
    Thread has gotten crazy. These competitive bikini models must work out incessantly to get their bodies to level. It's really inspiring to see pictures of women who compete and still manage maintain their femininity (unlike those crazy body builder types with the muscles on top of muscles). I saw a documentary on people in fitness competitions and they mentioned something about eating very specific diets 8 weeks prior to the competition--you really have to admire their self-control.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

So since we can't label this woman as "fat", let's state the facts. This woman has a higher than "healthy" body fat percentage. Probably in the high 30s, which qualifies as "obese". She's definitely not in a healthy BMI range. So no, it's not "sad" that someone labeled her as "fat". By all scientific definitions she is "fat". She's beautiful and maybe she's a great person, so really her level of body fat is probably not that important. But she is "fat". And this picture is either photo shopped or she's genetically very lucky. Usually fat does lie that smoothly. There'd usually be more "lumps" and cellulite. So this "healthy ideal" is not only NOT healthy but it's not real or achievable for most women.

Secondly, Niner posted this to show what a competitive bikini model looks like. He did NOT say "Women SHOULD look like this". He did NOT say "Post your ideal body here".

Wow, you are way off. 30% body fat? I doubt it. In my before pic to the side, I was at 38% body fat. THAT was obese.

body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

body-fat-levels-women21.jpg
  • marybobaly
    Options
    She is one tuff chick! That takes alot of dedication and will power. Even if this is not your goal body type, she deserves props for her hard work. I don't understand all the negativity? This is a place I come to for positive inspiration, not haters.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    ...yep, I don't like it. And yeah, she has to have fake boobs, or she wouldn't have any at all. :/ Whatever, it's the truth... I could go on... infertility etc. I agree it takes a lot of will power and hard work... but seriously, it's extreme and not a healthy way for a woman to live. (dun-dun-dun...)

I don't understand how/why people assume that a fit woman would be infertile.

If you stay at too low of a body fat percentage too long, it would definitely cause fertility problems, since you won't be able to menstruate. That low number is somewhere between 12-15% depending on the woman.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Thread has gotten crazy. These competitive bikini models must work out incessantly to get their bodies to level. It's really inspiring to see pictures of women who compete and still manage maintain their femininity (unlike those crazy body builder types with the muscles on top of muscles). I saw a documentary on people in fitness competitions and they mentioned something about eating very specific diets 8 weeks prior to the competition--you really have to admire their self-control.

Also NOT a true statement.... the workouts are no more than a MAX of 2 hours a day, tops. The importance is food focused (90% of what made that happen).
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I think I want to look like that. I'm not sure it's possible with all of the stretch marks and extra skin, but I'm going to sure as heck try.
    Best post of the damn thread. Strive high and reach your goals!

I agree! You go girl! I admire the dedication, determination and willpower it takes to be in competition form. I personally like the off-season look much better. That's what I'm working for and I will get there no matter how hard it is or how long it takes, stretch marks, saggy boobs and all!!!
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

This kind of thing drives me mad!!!
    Both women have good BMI, BF% and have good figures. They are just different. Personally i like both figures!

I have a small bust and am small built. Unfortunately i will never be 'curvy' looking - why does everyone hate on the 'non-curvy' :(

Work with what you have, some will love it, others wont - just be healthy :D

Genetics determine that the woman with the lean figure means she has a small bust too so, boob job or not she would never look like the 'curvy' girl either.

IT'S NOT ABOUT CURVES VS. SKINNY VS. FIT. We're all in this to not be FAT - genetics will decide how are shape is determined!