Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    she looks FAB! offseason just as hot. people need to remember that they only look liek that for comp and theyre all stained up with tanner and always flexing. in a normal setting, muscles not flexed leave the arms looking toned and sexy. as well as the legs. theres nothing cute about having no muscle definition. skinny fat is NOT hot or cute. looking like a model twig is not hot or cute. you neet shoulders, tris, bis, quads, glutes, hams...to be SEXY!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    "I would never want to look like that!"

Don't worry, you're not going to.
    I know your being sarcastic but its true. If you don't want to look like that you wont. I think that is what the initial poster meant!

A lot of women are afraid of weights because they think if you lift, you'll be come muscular...seriously do you KNOW how hard these fitness models train and diet! If you have weight to loose, you will loose it faster by lifting...if y ou do cardio only you will have that dreaded saggy skin...

The thread was called "Here is what a competitive bikini model winner looks like" it was pretty clear I think...It seems people read it as "this is what you should aim to look like" or this is the ideal body type....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    No, I dont like it on guys either. It is too hard and cold looking. It doesn't look like someone that I would be comfortable in their arms. I dont want to snuggle with granite. Besides, I would not want to be next to someone that was in that good of shape and feel inferior or feel like I was never good enough.

Glad you know something about someone like me. Can I tell you you are wrong in everything you've said?

As for the latter part, that not someone like my fault, its your inferiority complex and taking it out on others.
    The inferiority complex seems to have a tendency to activate hatred. This type of hatred, in turn, is actually a cluster or complex of other feelings and conditions. We are all capable of hatred, but we do not all attempt to totally control (i.e., conquer or convert) others or to hurt those mentally those who refuse to submit (e.g. refuse to reinforce our sense of superiority). This tendency can either escalate into hatred of others, or it can deteriorate into hatred of oneself.

Yours seems the latter.

There is no hatred inferred at all on my end. I do have an inferior mentality. It is low self esteem from years of being overweight and feeling inferior. It is a personal preference. You are entitled to yours as I am mine. I am not a model. I am not thin. I am not even pretty. I said it looks like something that I would not be comfortable with, not that it was absolute fact, just not what I seek in a partner. I do not begrudge anyone their own values and likes. I do not have to have the same ones as everyone else either. If you took it to mean that I dont "like" ripped guys, I apologize, as that was not my intent. It is just not what physically attracts ME. Everyone has different ideas of perfection. I am sure I am not many peoples idea of perfection, but as long as I am someone's, it does not matter. There are a great many girls who DO like that physique. I am just not one of them.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    ^^THIS.

I don't want to specifically look like this woman, but I would love to look like a novice bikini competitor!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see. As someone said, she's all tensed up etc right now and I'd bet she'd look a lot nicer without so much tension on the skin.

Still personally I'd rather have higher bodyfat and some natural boobs :laugh:
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    Yes she has wide hips, but once again she has no muscle definition and is clearly "squishy" If you want to look like that than great! But what I was getting at is why is it okay for mfp to say such rude things about fitness competitors, but god forbid if anyone say a person is too "fat" for their liking?

I don't think it's right at all for people to hate on fitness competitors. If it wasn't for my loose skin problems, I totally wanted to compete- Monica Brandt was my inspiration, had her posters all over the place in my workout room. I think the problem is that we all have different definitions of "fat".

To me, fat is where I used to be. Fat is where I am right now- which is still 90 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight. Squishy to me isn't fat, it's just not muscular. To someone who focuses on muscularity, soft = fat, even if the person isn't necessarily overweight. My sister was a size 1 most of her adult life, but if you flicked her thigh it jiggled just as much as my fat belly did. You would call her "fat" at a size 1 because of her lack of musculature.

So for the people on here who are actually overweight, seeing a woman who is soft in shape but not overweight being ridiculed for obesity feels like... like the standards are so high, why bother? So many women are striving to get even close to the body of the white bikini girl, and to hear "well even if you get there, you're still going to be fat and not good enough" is crushing. So we take up the offense, and say "I'd NEVER want to look like the bikini competitor, that's not womanly." Because we don't believe we could really hurt the feelings of someone who looks like that- because when you're fat, you can't imagine a woman in great shape ever feeling as bad about herself as you feel about yourself. And so she's a target for pent up hurt and frustration, because you think she's impervious. Still doesn't make it acceptable behaviour though.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I admire their dedication and hard work! They all look fabulous!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Yes she has wide hips, but once again she has no muscle definition and is clearly "squishy" If you want to look like that than great! But what I was getting at is why is it okay for mfp to say such rude things about fitness competitors, but god forbid if anyone say a person is too "fat" for their liking?

I don't think it's right at all for people to hate on fitness competitors. If it wasn't for my loose skin problems, I totally wanted to compete- Monica Brandt was my inspiration, had her posters all over the place in my workout room. I think the problem is that we all have different definitions of "fat".

To me, fat is where I used to be. Fat is where I am right now- which is still 90 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight. Squishy to me isn't fat, it's just not muscular. To someone who focuses on muscularity, soft = fat, even if the person isn't necessarily overweight. My sister was a size 1 most of her adult life, but if you flicked her thigh it jiggled just as much as my fat belly did. You would call her "fat" at a size 1 because of her lack of musculature.

So for the people on here who are actually overweight, seeing a woman who is soft in shape but not overweight being ridiculed for obesity feels like... like the standards are so high, why bother? So many women are striving to get even close to the body of the white bikini girl, and to hear "well even if you get there, you're still going to be fat and not good enough" is crushing. So we take up the offense, and say "I'd NEVER want to look like the bikini competitor, that's not womanly." Because we don't believe we could really hurt the feelings of someone who looks like that- because when you're fat, you can't imagine a woman in great shape ever feeling as bad about herself as you feel about yourself. And so she's a target for pent up hurt and frustration, because you think she's impervious. Still doesn't make it acceptable behaviour though.

that's you, in the before and after's, right? If so, I think you are gorgeous and nowhere near fat!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No, I dont like it on guys either. It is too hard and cold looking. It doesn't look like someone that I would be comfortable in their arms. I dont want to snuggle with granite. Besides, I would not want to be next to someone that was in that good of shape and feel inferior or feel like I was never good enough.

Glad you know something about someone like me. Can I tell you you are wrong in everything you've said?

As for the latter part, that not someone like my fault, its your inferiority complex and taking it out on others.
    The inferiority complex seems to have a tendency to activate hatred. This type of hatred, in turn, is actually a cluster or complex of other feelings and conditions. We are all capable of hatred, but we do not all attempt to totally control (i.e., conquer or convert) others or to hurt those mentally those who refuse to submit (e.g. refuse to reinforce our sense of superiority). This tendency can either escalate into hatred of others, or it can deteriorate into hatred of oneself.

Yours seems the latter.

I am not even pretty.

Wow, honey you need to give yourself a little bit of credit! Maybe if you recognized the fact that you are pretty you would realize that simply standing next to a person, no matter what they look like, makes you inferrior. The only thing that can make you inferrior is yourself, if you believe that you are inferrior you are . . . and damn there's no reason to feel that way.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

This, my friend, goes back to the skinny bashing the other day. It's okay to bash amazing fit girls (such as the ones posted on this thread) or slim / skinny girls, but God forbid you mention anyone is fat, enough if they are quite squishy.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    While I use the term "squishy" in jest, I really do have an issue with describing someone in such terms.
  • erinflaherty818
    erinflaherty818 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know....I dated a guy with a stomach that hard before...I like soft where it's supposed to be soft. It's hard to snuggle w/a brick. LOL
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I agree with you here completely. We do have difference definitions of "fat." Unhealthy bodyfat% to me is too much fat. But what I think many also missed is that what I meant originally was that I though that was too fat for my own body. I think she is gorgeous and a great goal for many many people I see using the site. But it shows how it is acceptable to put down dedicated fitness competitors, but never say anyone is too fat for them without getting flamed.

As a girl wanting to compete in the future I can say all the nasty and disrespectful comments about the OP really do hit a nerve. All sorts of shapes have their worries I think and doubts. Am I worried about loosing all of my boobs? yep. But ill still do it to compete one day. I just think it is crazy the amount of negativity on the subject on a fitness site.

The way I see it - Don't want to look like that? Then don't. But no need to make hateful comments. I did more so to prove a point. When it comes down to it just being healthy and happy is what matters most.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Am I worried about loosing all of my boobs? yep. But ill still do it to compete one day.

two words: chicken cutlets - AMAZING!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Yours seems the latter.

There is no hatred inferred at all on my end. I do have an inferior mentality. It is low self esteem from years of being overweight and feeling inferior. It is a personal preference. You are entitled to yours as I am mine. I am not a model. I am not thin. I am not even pretty. I said it looks like something that I would not be comfortable with, not that it was absolute fact, just not what I seek in a partner. I do not begrudge anyone their own values and likes. I do not have to have the same ones as everyone else either. If you took it to mean that I dont "like" ripped guys, I apologize, as that was not my intent. It is just not what physically attracts ME. Everyone has different ideas of perfection. I am sure I am not many peoples idea of perfection, but as long as I am someone's, it does not matter. There are a great many girls who DO like that physique. I am just not one of them.

I appreciate you saying this but you can't really have an opinion on what being in my arms feels like compared to what someone else who has more fat... unless you've been romantically involved with someone like that.

I could say "I can't imagine being held by a fat person, all that fat rolling around me and that fat squishing against me as I held her - thats revolting". See what i'm getting at?

Like you say tho, in terms of personal preference, absolutely - there isn't a right answer. All I ask is people think a little more about the feelings of others and what they'd like commented against them and people who are similar. I'd rightly get kicked off the site if I mean about people who are holding excess fat because its simply rude and not required.

Thank you for taking the time to post tho in response to mine without turning it into a slanging match :drinker:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    a lot of the hate for the OP comes from jealousy and that most know they dont have the dedication to do it.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

THIS! :) No one likes to cuddle with a bag of forks.

KellyBrookKellyBrookUnveilsReebokBillboardcCyEu9y0B_fl.jpg

Kelly Brook is beautiful, now the face of Reebok Reetone
  • galegetsthin
    Options

Wow, honey you need to give yourself a little bit of credit! Maybe if you recognized the fact that you are pretty you would realize that simply standing next to a person, no matter what they look like, makes you inferrior. The only thing that can make you inferrior is yourself, if you believe that you are inferrior you are . . . and damn there's no reason to feel that way.

Thank you for your kindness. It is something that I know I have an issue with. I have for years. My brain is still the high school girl getting picked on for being heavy....... It's just the way I am wired, I guess.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's very big determination right there! She looks great both in and out of season! lol.

Although many of us aren't aspiring for such physiques, it's the idea of utter dedication she had to reach this level of accomplishment, and the recognition of the possibilities that makes this picture important.

Hard work, determination, and a goal. That's what this picture is about!
  • galegetsthin
    Options

I appreciate you saying this but you can't really have an opinion on what being in my arms feels like compared to what someone else who has more fat... unless you've been romantically involved with someone like that.

I could say "I can't imagine being held by a fat person, all that fat rolling around me and that fat squishing against me as I held her - thats revolting". See what i'm getting at?

Like you say tho, in terms of personal preference, absolutely - there isn't a right answer. All I ask is people think a little more about the feelings of others and what they'd like commented against them and people who are similar. I'd rightly get kicked off the site if I mean about people who are holding excess fat because its simply rude and not required.

Thank you for taking the time to post tho in response to mine without turning it into a slanging match :drinker:

But I have been involved with a man who was in about the same shape you are. Even though it is my own insecurities, I felt this way. I felt like the ugly duckling that he was taking pity on. I was told as much by my parents and "friends" too. Unfortunately he was not the best example to go by. He became controlling of what I ate and physically forced me to throw up when I ate something he deemed innapropriate. I am the one that broke it off..... because I didnt feel like I "fit" with him. I may not feel that way one day in the future when I don't hate myself so much, I hope I CAN get there. Again, I was not trying to be hurtful in any way. I remember a particular hurt that may or may not ever mend.