Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Same. I can really understand someone wanting implants or a lift after weight loss or having kids to restore what went missing. But I don't understand why someone who is being judged for being the epitome of health has to be surgically altered.

Body building is far from that and never claims to be. But then again, how many people here drink, smoke etc?

We all do things that aren't healthy. Its just body building is more obvious because you can see it.

Body building isn't, but are body building competitions? I'm not being snarky... I'm honestly curious. I always assumed it was like dog shows, where they're looking for someone who best matches a physical ideal, with that ideal being someone in perfect health.

Except that dog shows are about choosing who's is closest to their breed standard, for breeding purposes. Find the best boy Pekingese so you can breed him with the best girl Pekingese. Pretty sure there's no stud fees involved with people. :tongue:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Matt, I have a question. Are implants required / necessary to do well in the upper levels of fitness competitions?

Not at all.

But then without and a smaller bust, as shown as people in this thread who type before they think, accuse people of looking like men.

That said, nothing wrong with implants. Loads and loads of people have them - why would body building women be any different?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh, absolutely nothing wrong with implants. I just don't want them.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

You're hot without them :smokin:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Absolutely :wink:
  • I am within the normal weight for my height and build, and I cannot imagine looking like that.

I don't think that being in bikini model shape is a realistic goal for most people -- especially those of us who are middle age and tend to hold onto belly fat, even when we are thin everywhere else. Instead of comparing how we look to photos of bikini models, I think it's much better to focus on being in the best shape we can be in for the gene set we inherited.

It is an attainable goal for anyone of any size or any age

Jennifer-Nicole-Lee-before.jpg

jnl001.png
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think the problem with the fake boobs on some fitness competitors, is that they are just way too big for their frame. There is some sort of balance. Someone who is 10% body fat looks a little off with DD implants. There is a happy medium, but there seems to be some sentiment that bigger is better....
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    I think the problem with the fake boobs on some fitness competitors, is that they are just way too big for their frame. There is some sort of balance. Someone who is 10% body fat looks a little off with DD implants. There is a happy medium, but there seems to be some sentiment that bigger is better....

Again, same as the rest of the population then!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to get competitive, but I'm just wondering generally: Do all or most of the competitors have personal trainers? Or is there anyone who did it all on their own? I'm just wondering about the money factor -- like how much money one has to spend to look like that -- and how close can you get if you have a very low budget and very little time?

A friend of mine did competition a while back, and she had a trainer that she saw daily for 2 hours every day. Competing basically became a second job for her, except one where she had to fork over the cash instead of getting a salary ;-)
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, and FWIW, she was tiny and totally flat chested and won a couple of competitions. I'm also flat-chested, and interested in being ripped, but I intentionally avoid most pec exercises because, well, I don't need them any flatter than they already are ;-)
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Oh, and FWIW, she was tiny and totally flat chested and won a couple of competitions. I'm also flat-chested, and interested in being ripped, but I intentionally avoid most pec exercises because, well, I don't need them any flatter than they already are ;-)

Pec exercises increase pec cleavage. That's the only cleavage I've got! Sternum is sexy. :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Options

Absolutely :wink:

And thanks to both of you!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Again, same as the rest of the population then!

Very true. This rule applies to everyone. I think it makes even less sense for fitness models/figure models/body builders to have them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I have no plans to get competitive, but I'm just wondering generally: Do all or most of the competitors have personal trainers? Or is there anyone who did it all on their own? I'm just wondering about the money factor -- like how much money one has to spend to look like that -- and how close can you get if you have a very low budget and very little time?

A friend of mine did competition a while back, and she had a trainer that she saw daily for 2 hours every day. Competing basically became a second job for her, except one where she had to fork over the cash instead of getting a salary ;-)

I worked with a Personal Trainer once a week for the 4 months I trained. I may or may not go back to having a trainer this time around. The other 5 days I worked out, I did it no more than an hour and a half each day and on my own.

How much to look like that? It depends, but the amount of food can add up, since you are eating more, but worth it to me. Timewise, not more than an hour and a half to 2 hours a day. I'm busy like everyone else, but I make it work, because I want it. There are plenty of nights I've either done or added to my workouts at night after my husband goes to bed, while I watch my dvr'd shows.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    my only beef with all of this is the damned implants. I'm really disappointed that the fitness community would be all praising what we can accomplish by the sweat of our own brow, except ladies have to get the boobs.

I think it's a fitness fail.

Not the girl- obviously she worked hard.

But the scene.

Maybe i'm wrong to think that when we are talking about body builders and fitness, we are talking about people who did it naturally? Or are we looking at people who took steroids, got lypo, implants, and that's how they got there?

I am pro lifting for women, btw. I'm actually REALLY into it.

I'm just totally disappointed that even in this world of praising health and the great accomplishments of mankind, we are still apparently requiring/expecting/or just plain normalizing the idea that for a strong fit woman to be sexy, she has to have fake boobs.

I'm with you. I'm not against fake boobs and what not, but for me personally, I'm keeping mine. This is a pic from my 1st ever competition, so please don't judge so harshly, but it is all natural me.

382631_164898256939214_111989688896738_288014_870374356_n.jpg
    You already know I find you stunning Bry. So wish I could train you for your next comp!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    So would the judges pic a competitor with implants over one without if everything else is evenly matched? Now that would be wrong if that were to happen and thats why they are all getting implants.
    There have been winners who have small boobs. Overall package is what counts.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I am within the normal weight for my height and build, and I cannot imagine looking like that.

I don't think that being in bikini model shape is a realistic goal for most people -- especially those of us who are middle age and tend to hold onto belly fat, even when we are thin everywhere else. Instead of comparing how we look to photos of bikini models, I think it's much better to focus on being in the best shape we can be in for the gene set we inherited.

It is an attainable goal for anyone of any size or any age

Jennifer-Nicole-Lee-before.jpg

jnl001.png
    That's what I believe. If following the right training and eating and being disciplined enough, I believe ANY female (if they can physically handle the workouts) can achieve the conditioned look.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Most of the higher competitive ones will usually have a trainer or training partner who is well schooled in competition prep.

IDEA Fitness member
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    all i know is the chick in the original thread is simply gross looking
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, I jumped from the board about MFPers being bullied to this one; the tables now turned. I know not all, but most members on this site are here because we are/were unhappy in some way about our bodies--it may be aesthetic, it may be health-related, whatever. Coming from personal experience, I know how painful it is for people to make comments about MY body, and seeing the response to the topic of bullying, a lot of other members on this site do too. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, and yes, they will differ. :flowerforyou: That being said, why and where is this hate coming from? I hate to play the "golden rule" card, but what if YOUR pictures were posted on the boards and the same comments were made?