Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    my only beef with all of this is the damned implants. I'm really disappointed that the fitness community would be all praising what we can accomplish by the sweat of our own brow, except ladies have to get the boobs.

I think it's a fitness fail.

Not the girl- obviously she worked hard.

But the scene.

Maybe i'm wrong to think that when we are talking about body builders and fitness, we are talking about people who did it naturally? Or are we looking at people who took steroids, got lypo, implants, and that's how they got there?

I am pro lifting for women, btw. I'm actually REALLY into it.

I'm just totally disappointed that even in this world of praising health and the great accomplishments of mankind, we are still apparently requiring/expecting/or just plain normalizing the idea that for a strong fit woman to be sexy, she has to have fake boobs.

I'm with you. I'm not against fake boobs and what not, but for me personally, I'm keeping mine. This is a pic from my 1st ever competition, so please don't judge so harshly, but it is all natural me.

382631_164898256939214_111989688896738_288014_870374356_n.jpg

You look awesome! I love natural beauty. :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    thanks guys! I just wanted to show that you can compete and go at it naturally, IF that is your desire. If not, buy them. Whatever floats YOUR boat.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    my only beef with all of this is the damned implants. I'm really disappointed that the fitness community would be all praising what we can accomplish by the sweat of our own brow, except ladies have to get the boobs.

But the scene.

Maybe i'm wrong to think that when we are talking about body builders and fitness, we are talking about people who did it naturally? Or are we looking at people who took steroids, got lypo, implants, and that's how they got there?

I'm just totally disappointed that even in this world of praising health and the great accomplishments of mankind, we are still apparently requiring/expecting/or just plain normalizing the idea that for a strong fit woman to be sexy, she has to have fake boobs.

I'm with you. I'm not against fake boobs and what not, but for me personally, I'm keeping mine. This is a pic from my 1st ever competition, so please don't judge so harshly, but it is all natural me.

382631_164898256939214_111989688896738_288014_870374356_n.jpg

UM. Wow. I can only dream of looking like that. Amazing!!!
    you look fantastic, the only thing i hate about these competitions is the tanning... it drives me nuts!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    This wasn't a post to say this is what you should look like. This was to praise someone who worked hard and was dedicated to her sport. Then the haters come out, it has nothing to do with you. Change the channel if it offends you.

That didnt offend me. This was a tangent conversation, I know that I shouldnt look like that. (because I dont feel it is right for me) If you will, please look at my initial post. I said that while I do not strive to look like that, I am completely enamored by her dedication to the sport she has chosen. And really, yeah, she looks badass! She has to have SO much determination and dedication to be that successful!

Only said to the haters...I don't have that type of determination or dedication, good for her. Wish I did though.

and i do have the determination to achieve my goals. I just don't have the money for the tits....and even if I did, I don't want to be complicit in the expectation that women should look unnatural (the boobs i'm hating on here, not the buff).

Now I do have the determination and dedication for my own goals and I will achieve them. I just don't think I will be doing any Olympia in the near future so why would I take it that far. All these are great inspirations for anybody. I figure why can't I reach my goals others are. I give props to anyone that can work that hard...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

But the scene.

I feel the exact same way!! It's NATURAL for lean women to have small boobs. Why can't that just be accepted? I find nothing wrong with impants. They are beautiful actually. But why are they expected and/or required for fitness competitors when they are sooooo not part of the look of a lean woman?!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am within the normal weight for my height and build, and I cannot imagine looking like that.

I don't think that being in bikini model shape is a realistic goal for most people -- especially those of us who are middle age and tend to hold onto belly fat, even when we are thin everywhere else. Instead of comparing how we look to photos of bikini models, I think it's much better to focus on being in the best shape we can be in for the gene set we inherited.
    Options
    I am within the normal weight for my height and build, and I cannot imagine looking like that.

I don't think that being in bikini model shape is a realistic goal for most people -- especially those of us who are middle age and tend to hold onto belly fat, even when we are thin everywhere else. Instead of comparing how we look to photos of bikini models, I think it's much better to focus on being in the best shape we can be in for the gene set we inherited.

but, the OP didn't say anyone HAD to be a bikini model. He just posted a picture of a winning bikini model. And, for the record, I'm 34 and compete. Heck, I wasn't even near the oldest. I was in between. The oldest was closer to my moms age.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I feel the exact same way!! It's NATURAL for lean women to have small boobs. Why can't that just be accepted? I find nothing wrong with impants. They are beautiful actually. But why are they expect and/or required for fitness competitors when they are sooooo not part of the look of a lean woman?!

Same. I can really understand someone wanting implants or a lift after weight loss or having kids to restore what went missing. But I don't understand why someone who is being judged for being the epitome of health has to be surgically altered.

Also don't quite get the dehydration thing, either. I know it's to show off the muscle definition more, but shouldn't the judges be able to tell that without dehydration? I mean... the judges at the Westminster dog show were able to choose Malachy the Pekingese as best in show, as dog closest to his breed standard, and his body is covered with pounds of fur. :tongue:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    So would the judges pic a competitor with implants over one without if everything else is evenly matched? Now that would be wrong if that were to happen and thats why they are all getting implants.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    So would the judges pic a competitor with implants over one without if everything else is evenly matched? Now that would be wrong if that were to happen and thats why they are all getting implants.

I don't know if that's the case but I suspect it might me.
    Options

not ALL of us do. :tongue: I also don't do the dehdration, either...

ETA: maybe both of those reasons are why I did not win, lol. I kid, I kid.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

And you are truly blessed to have kept your boobs during your recomp. I never had any to begin with. 5'10" and built like a 2x4 until I bought my "stick-on lego boobs". It's nice to not get mistaken for a guy, which did happen to me a couple dozen times in my 20's.

I'd venture a guess that they probably want implants and enjoy them. There are competitors that don't get them, so they enjoy being smaller. Granted, they are much fewer in number, but they exist. It's all pretty - except when the augmented ladies are cut for competition, then it looks a bit weird for that one day.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

You have plenty there already.

LOVE your competition pic, btw. So pretty and impressive. :happy:
    Options

You have plenty there already.

LOVE your competition pic, btw. So pretty and impressive. :happy:

Thanks! (Also, a big thank you to the inventor of the chicken cutlets, lol)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Same. I can really understand someone wanting implants or a lift after weight loss or having kids to restore what went missing. But I don't understand why someone who is being judged for being the epitome of health has to be surgically altered.

Body building is far from that and never claims to be. But then again, how many people here drink, smoke etc?

We all do things that aren't healthy. Its just body building is more obvious because you can see it.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Matt, I have a question. Are implants required / necessary to do well in the upper levels of fitness competitions?
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i was thinking i could find a "natural body builder" site about women and came across a list of banned substances for natural body building.

on the list is "muscle implants of any kind"

I think my skull just cracked open!

http://www.wnbf.net/drug-free.html
    Options
    i was thinking i could find a "natural body builder" site about women and came across a list of banned substances for natural body building.

on the list is "muscle implants of any kind"

I think my skull just cracked open!

http://www.wnbf.net/drug-free.html

oh wow! Though I did actually know (an acquaintance) who had AB and calf implants....... a guy....
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    heres one of the female natural body builder champions.....

6.jpg&w=650&q=90