Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Yeah, actually I do have a question. Where are the competitions for lifting and not looking- don't get me wrong. These women are working their tails off- but I'm not interested in being a bikini model of any type. I want to know about womens competitive lifting. Where are those competitions?

Do you mean power lifting or similar?

I don't get involved in that but you can start here and look into their forums - http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    So, why in the world are all the women coming into this thread posting plus size-esque bikini models on a competitive bikini bodybuilder thread?

MFP is a large community of all kinds of people. We all have our differences in opinion on what's beautiful and desirable and what's not. For those of you who like the soft, cuddly heavier women... start your own damn thread and post that girl in the white bikini as your cover model! LMAO.

Kelly Brook a plus sized model??

Oh dear, she's about 118 lbs.

That may have not been the best photo of her but she is nowhere near a plus sized model. FHM would be horrified if they knew that winner of FHM's sexist women was a plus!!

So would all the fitness magazines she appears in, and goodness knows how she has sold so many fitness DVD's.

1278381492-464112.jpg

01.kelly-brook.jpg

She looked WAY different in the other photo! Guess she must have leaned down here.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member

Sorry what has low body fat and no boobs got to do with health? Thats body fat levels, not hormones. And yes, significant time periods at extremely long periods would be bad, but this is literally a few weeks at this level and ONE day for stage condition (yes you go in and out of stage condition in ONE day).

As for periods, yes they may disappear for a short while whilst at VERY body fat levels just before a comp. But then in terms of a month like that or years very under weight or over weight, does it really matter?

How does that one day work? Would they have to work out like crazy just before getting up there or is it more of a full day before and then show? Just curious how you can aim for your body to be in just the right condition for a single day :)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Dang....scary!

that
  • Matt_Wild
    Oh and just so people say its impossible to have kids and compete, another fellow Gaspari athlete, Sarah McLean:

377119_233661813360218_159927824066951_628522_217515014_n.jpg

and with her fella Zack Khan (as any body building fan will know):

388232_354958171188024_351323581551483_1637296_1318752298_n.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    How does that one day work? Would they have to work out like crazy just before getting up there or is it more of a full day before and then show? Just curious how you can aim for your body to be in just the right condition for a single day :)

Basically its 2-3 months of cutting body fat away, a week of manipulating water from the system and a single day in perfect stage condition and then and soon as you start eating 'normally' again, glycogen and water will pile back on and you'll fill back out.
  • Oh and just so people say its impossible to have kids and compete, another fellow Gaspari athlete, Sarah McLean:

377119_233661813360218_159927824066951_628522_217515014_n.jpg

and with her fella Zack Khan (as any body building fan will know):

388232_354958171188024_351323581551483_1637296_1318752298_n.jpg

She looks great, and it's heartwarming to see this. Can you have a 'muscle -toned' physique post kids if you've gone from being overweight to slim. I'd like to be able to eventually be toned.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Yeah, actually I do have a question. Where are the competitions for lifting and not looking- don't get me wrong. These women are working their tails off- but I'm not interested in being a bikini model of any type. I want to know about womens competitive lifting. Where are those competitions?

Do you mean power lifting or similar?

I don't get involved in that but you can start here and look into their forums - http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/

Yep, that'll do- thanks
  • She looks too 'hard'. Where is the ladylike 'squish'?
  • JennieAL

Basically its 2-3 months of cutting body fat away, a week of manipulating water from the system and a single day in perfect stage condition and then and soon as you start eating 'normally' again, glycogen and water will pile back on and you'll fill back out.

What kind of caloric deficit during those 2-3 months? And what is their strength training program like during that time?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member

See, this is what the girls afraid to lift weight just don't realise - some think if they lift weights they'll end up too muscular, or "look like men", they don't appreciate all the extra work that goes into getting bodies ready for a competition, and that these competitors don't look like that all the time.
  • Matt_Wild
    What kind of caloric deficit during those 2-3 months? And what is their strength training program like during that time?

Around 300-400 cals below maintenance with 30-40 mins cardio 4-5x a week. Weights are a typical 4-5 day split, varies athlete to athlete. Key movements are compound movements with a few isolation movements thrown in. Same as all year. Weights barely change, just the diet.

Does that make sense?
  • JennieAL

Around 300-400 cals below maintenance with 30-40 mins cardio 4-5x a week. Weights are a typical 4-5 day split, varies athlete to athlete. Key movements are compound movements with a few isolation movements thrown in. Same as all year. Weights barely change, just the diet.

Does that make sense?

Yep, it does. Thanks!
  • Matt_Wild
    See, this is what the girls afraid to lift weight just don't realise - some think if they lift weights they'll end up too muscular, or "look like men", they don't appreciate all the extra work that goes into getting bodies ready for a competition, and that these competitors don't look like that all the time.

Yep, literally a day or two a year. Of course when cutting you get slimmer and more shapely as the diet progresses but the showing of really pronounced muscle groups etc is only really properly possible for a day or two at a time.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    So, why in the world are all the women coming into this thread posting plus size-esque bikini models on a competitive bikini bodybuilder thread?

MFP is a large community of all kinds of people. We all have our differences in opinion on what's beautiful and desirable and what's not. For those of you who like the soft, cuddly heavier women... start your own damn thread and post that girl in the white bikini as your cover model! LMAO.

Kelly Brook a plus sized model??

Oh dear, she's about 118 lbs.

That may have not been the best photo of her but she is nowhere near a plus sized model. FHM would be horrified if they knew that winner of FHM's sexist women was a plus!!

So would all the fitness magazines she appears in, and goodness knows how she has sold so many fitness DVD's.

1278381492-464112.jpg

01.kelly-brook.jpg

She looked WAY different in the other photo! Guess she must have leaned down here.

I guess the above are her "on season looks" just the same as the other fitness/bikini models, she is a lot different in size in the white bikini (and I know it is a candid shot!)
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    care to explain the difference?
    "Toned" is terminology that was derived from the Pilates/Yoga introduction to Fitness organization's to give it a more "feminine" appeal. You don't "tone" muscle you "tone it up". Muscle isn't "toned" (there's no medical reference to it) it's conditioned or not conditioned.
    So if you say you want to "tone up" your muscle to make it more conditioned, then it's correct.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Semantics to the average person.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    So, why in the world are all the women coming into this thread posting plus size-esque bikini models on a competitive bikini bodybuilder thread? .

Sorry, I didn't think that the model in the white swimsuit was fat. So I decided to actually look up some plus size bikini models

KellyBrookBikini.jpg.

robyn-lawley-cosmo-oct-2011-03.jpg

1115_S_Ashley-Graham-11.jpg

And I guess if you only look at the first picture, its pretty similar in physique. She's a size 12. Didn't realize that you only had to be a size 12 to be considered a plus model.

The second picture was more of my preconceived notions about being plus size model...and I dont see how the girl in the white suit looks anything like that.

The girl in the bottom picture is a 12? She must be short. In my prime at 5'8" I was slender and wore a size 12. I have always wondered about models. .like 5'10" and wearing a size 2 which is the size preferred for a runway model (according to Tyra Banks) ? It just doesn't seem to add up because they don't look THAT small. Just sayin'...

edit: oops not paying attention.. even tho.. the girl on the top looks to be a 14-16 to me. When my bottom half looked like that I wore an 18.
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    TIANNA offseason

tianna_ta.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

Wow, I like a lot
  • Matt_Wild
    care to explain the difference?
    "Toned" is terminology that was derived from the Pilates/Yoga introduction to Fitness organization's to give it a more "feminine" appeal. You don't "tone" muscle you "tone it up". Muscle isn't "toned" (there's no medical reference to it) it's conditioned or not conditioned.
    So if you say you want to "tone up" your muscle to make it more conditioned, then it's correct.

IDEA Fitness member
    Semantics to the average person.

To be honest, its either gaining muscle or losing fat. You can't tone anything because, what are you toning?
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Since you guys said that you are prepared for it and I am only writing this because you are prepared, so here it goes.... I don't want to look like that! :flowerforyou:

Me either... ewe.